• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarioR81

• werter1245

• Ardakilic

• Ermennda

Looks very similar to a Lamy nib, although I didn't try it for compatibility. The first impression is good, quite decent for a 3 euro pen, it writes well without hard starts but quite dry. It posts very well.

I bought 2 stainless steel handles and a black one .I wrote a review ( it is in Russian- link to review: Jinhao 35 Or Montblanc fountain pen for the poor).There you can also find out how to buy it cheaper than in China ( I compared the price with a Chinese store jd.com). A pen priced at $2.13 is certainly a miracle. I bought it myself for $2.48. EF Pen on thick paper honest F.

There is a distant resemblance to the Italian handle Aurora Hastil and the German Montblanc Noblesse No. 1120.

The handle body is made of stainless steel.
This time it's a tubular design. At the ends of the chrome plugs, mirrors.
All except the clip-holder made of non-magnetic stainless steel with a lacquer coating.The dimensions of the handle.
Handle length closed / uncapped / capped 140 / 128 / 152 mm. The case diameter is 10 mm.Standard Converter with marking, branded. The Jinhao inscription is barely visible.
The steel sleeve is pressed into the barrel. This is a plus, but also a minus. The flu section has a plastic thread.
Why everything is not made of metal is a mystery of Chinese masters.What to say about the black coating. Very similar to the coating that is on the ancient handle of the Parker " 15 " Special GT.
Black, matte, does not collect fingerprints, does not slip in the hand… I think the pen will find its fans and will be in demand among fans of inexpensive Chinese pens.

Grip section at the black handle. It's cast plastic. Why not metal?
What do you want from a pen that costs 19 yuan? The economy should be economical.

DSCN2506.JPG

DSCN2507.JPG

DSCN2511.JPG

DSCN2523.JPG

DSCN2524.JPG

DSCN2528.JPG

Edited by werter1245
updated

52 minutes ago, MarioR81 said:

good stuff.. very comprehensive thanks very much. Google translated helped quite a bit :)

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them

1 hour ago, werter1245 said:

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them

thanks.. would you say the black version could peel off the coating at some point?

I see you mentioned about plastic threads. My Lamy Studio also has plastic threads so maybe it its not economy factor. The lamy studio at least screws very nicely.

14 minutes ago, MarioR81 said:

thanks.. would you say the black version could peel off the coating at some point?

I see you mentioned about plastic threads. My Lamy Studio also has plastic threads so maybe it its not economy factor. The lamy studio at least screws very nicely.

There is always a person who will break the thread on the plastic) An extra metal sleeve increases the cost of products in mass production.

About the black pen. The coating is similar to the old Parker "15" Special GT handle, if you do not cause mechanical damage, then it is durable.Here's a black feather..I came across photos with a defect on the side of the pen-bare metal.I assume that this is varnish and not bluing.

This Jin Hao 35 looks very similar to the Lamy Aion !

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

40 minutes ago, Stefan-Ionut-Marius said:

This Jin Hao 35 looks very similar to the Lamy Aion !

The design is more from Aurora Hastil. Straight lines, concise and no chamfers.

8 hours ago, werter1245 said:

The design is more from Aurora Hastil. Straight lines, concise and no chamfers.

Handle one, I second that

I bet the black coating will peel off in no time.

I have been using Jinhao 75 black, and the coating started to peel off in a month! I removed the remaining coating with a guitar pick. Now I have an ugly, brass-colored Jinhao 75.

Also, my Jinhao x750's coating started to peel off in 3 months, but it turned out to be a nice silver colored pen.

Nowadays I try to avoid from any coating.

Imo it looks similar to (but not exactly the same as) the Lamy St, Linea, cp1 and Logo.

I'm kinda interested - I like slim pens.

Bummer to hear that the black coating doesn't last tho.

Edited by Licue
Typo - there's always one...

2 hours ago, Ardakilic said:

I bet the black coating will peel off in no time.

I have been using Jinhao 75 black, and the coating started to peel off in a month! I removed the remaining coating with a guitar pick. Now I have an ugly, brass-colored Jinhao 75.

Also, my Jinhao x750's coating started to peel off in 3 months, but it turned out to be a nice silver colored pen.

Nowadays I try to avoid from any coating.

I have a vintage Parker " 15 " Special GT. On it, the black coating does not slip.. (I can't understand..what was erased on Jinhao X750 ..There is nothing but plastic and chrome rings)

Screenshot_28.png

11 hours ago, werter1245 said:

I have a vintage Parker " 15 " Special GT. On it, the black coating does not slip.. (I can't understand..what was erased on Jinhao X750 ..There is nothing but plastic and chrome rings)

Screenshot_28.png

I believe that x750 variant is called matte black or frosted black. This variant has black coating.

https://www.gouletpens.com/products/jinhao-x750-fountain-pen-frosted-black

I got from Aliexpress though.

It was like this:

spacer.png

which the coating started to chip off in a couple of months of usage.

After I peeled of the remaining coating with a guitar pick, the pen became like this (only slightly darker metal color and not this shiny chrome color, which I believe it will darken over time due to oxidation from the air):

spacer.png