Parker 51 free giveaway

max dog

I have an extra Parker 51 fountain pen I'd like to give away for free.  If you are interested in giving a new loving home to this near mint Parker 51 Demi Special fountain pen, just reply to my post.  I will put your names in a hat and draw the lucky winner.  At midnight Christmas eve (24th Eastern Time), will do the draw, and post the winner Christmas morning.  I will cover the shipping costs.  I thought it would be more fun to give the pen away this way for Christmas.  :)    We can all do with some more cheer and fun these days of Covid. 

36605558_Parker51DemiSpecial.thumb.jpg.2841f04d7390896e08b237bb1a948a35.jpg

My only prerequisite is you give it the respect and TLC it deserves (circa 1950s vintage) and use it as a daily writer, and not resell it.  I got the pen in 2013 and it sat in my pen box for the last 7 years, only because it's smaller Demi size does not suit me.  I have another full size Parker 51 that I use.  It is such a shame and a waste for this perfectly working mint fountain pen not to see the light of day.

Description: 1950s Parker 51 Demi Special, black barrel with 12Kt gold filled cap.  Medium Octanium nib with tons of tipping, and silky smooth. Writes like a charm, and aerometric filler is in perfect condition.  You know those ply-sacs last forever!  I checked with Parker51.com administrator back in 2015 and confirmed this is a legitimate factory Parker model.  Demi Specials with gold caps, are a rare bird.

IMAG0243.thumb.jpg.b9f1a8bcde827bee97ac51ea0b9f3eaf.jpg

IMAG0242.thumb.jpg.86d69d17662403d7ba9a53d50bbd71e5.jpg

2090394042_IMAG0238enhanced.thumb.jpg.0e67b14e9c5a738967ab6513ff0d76e1.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• inkstainedruth

• Ed333

• Ferocity

Such a generous offer. I wish I liked hooded nibs, but I don't.  So don't put me in the hat. I just wanted to share my appreciation :)

Wow, what a beautiful pen! With all this generosity you're clearly in the holiday spirit, @max dog:D

I would love to be added to the draw pile! I'm new to the hobby but my FP adventures began when I inherited a vintage Sheaffer from my grandmother - I love caring for and using my vintage pens. :)

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

Not going in the hat for the same reason as Yazeh, but what a lovely thing to do. I hope its new owner will appreciate it.

Don't put my name in the hat as I already have a few 51s. Just a big thumbs up for your most generous gesture. 👍

Hello, put my name on the hat, that fountain pen is incredibly beautiful 😍, I have always loved that color combination, it will be well received and treated with respect that this beauty deserves.

Not an entrant, but it's a very kind gesture and some person is going to be really lucky.  I adore Parker 51s and think they're great writers (I should be in such good good shape when I'm as old as some of my 51s are now -- the Plum Demi Aerometric is from 1949, so almost 72 years old at this point, and is probably my favorite pen.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Don't add me to the draw--the demi's a bit small for me as well--but what a great pen, and what a wonderful Christmas gesture!

Not an entrant, even though I don't have a Parker 51 — and am not looking to be converted — but I just wanted to acknowledge and thank you for the act of generosity. 👏🏼

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

If I'm eligible please put my name too. Would pay the shipping. Due to the size the demi would be perfect companion to my custom carry around notebook I posted here:

fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356813-what-is-your-carry-around-notebook-setup/?tab=comments#comment-4377045

Thanks