• MABuckeye

• Doug C

• dms525

• mouse2cat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Full size - 46

Pocket - 20p

They are both #6 nibs though with the 20p I am often "unscrewing the cap" and getting halfway before remembering that it is FRICTION FIT dummy!  The 45 would be better in that regard but it uses a #5 nib and the interchangeability is lost.  

If I was limited to just one model, it'd be the 46. It's short section keeps my fingers from sliding, a common challenge I have with acrylic pens.

Model 02 is the one I keep going back to. Thought it might be too big, but it is just perfect in the hand. Very comfortable for long and quick writing sessions. 

Love the design, the way it posts, the quality. Honestly F-C is just great, top to bottom. People tell you this when you're starting out, but to experience their treatment of you firsthand is just inspiring. Gold standard. 

And yes, I need more of this model. 

no doubt the beautiful Marietta (model 20) in vintage green

There are very few pens around like this one with absolutely no threads or step downs on the section/barrel.

A joy to hold.
Not to speak of the Matsuyama 0,6 stub.

1462381338_P1160777-3FranklinChristof20Mariettavintagegreen.thumb.jpg.c0f8d85267fd6450d0f04fe9e56c4e32.jpg

1018483119_P1170275-3FC20Mariettavintagegreen.thumb.jpg.9ad2b4045983ffb7333c29bbf722b732.jpg

Model 02 with any nib but of course I never stop using my Masuyama Medium CI. My only issue with the FC pens is that the caps never stay on in my shirt pockets!! Hopefully no one else has that problem.

I have a mix of the different models, and it is hard for me to pick one because of how different the designs are and how much I enjoy using each one. But if I had to pick just one, it would a Model 66 with their music nib in it, just a lot of fun to practice italic and mess around with.

4 hours ago, hh1990 said:

I have a mix of the different models, and it is hard for me to pick one because of how different the designs are and how much I enjoy using each one.

Same here. The 20p is my most used F-C because it’s so easy to carry, but I would have to pick the Model 31 Omnis as my favorite. It fits my hand like it was made for it and is a comfortable writer for longer sessions.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, twin63 said:

Same here. The 20p is my most used F-C because it’s so easy to carry, but I would have to pick the Model 31 Omnis as my favorite. It fits my hand like it was made for it and is a comfortable writer for longer sessions.

Like the 31 but only use it unposted.  It's a little long posted....

On 12/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, owenj said:

Definitely the 45 XLV. But I love a pocket pen and a #5 nib 😁

Franklin Christoph.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, Tas said:

The rarely mentioned Model 25. Something so cute about it. Would love one at some stage . . . 🥰

On 12/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, owenj said:

Definitely the 45 XLV. But I love a pocket pen and a #5 nib 😁

Franklin Christoph.jpg

Love the orange!!!

5 hours ago, MABuckeye said:

Like the 31 but only use it unposted.  It's a little long posted....

I use mine unposted as well. Come to think of it, I rarely post any of my pens. 

14 hours ago, twin63 said:

I use mine unposted as well. Come to think of it, I rarely post any of my pens. 

I find myself using them unposted more and more as well.  I do post the P20 though as it's a little short otherwise....

Hard to pick just one, but I’d have to say my black & cimmaroon 02, because of the Masuyama nib (gold medium cursive italic)

15 hours ago, CatHerder said:

Hard to pick just one, but I’d have to say my black & cimmaroon 02, because of the Masuyama nib (gold medium cursive italic)

I have a Masuyama in my Smoke and Ice 31 and it's an awesome writer.......  Love the pen but it just doesn't make the rotation much.

My favorite is the Model 02. I like how well balanced it is either posted or un-posted. I am also rather fond of the 20 and 31. And, to my surprise, I found the 66P amazingly comfortable to write with when posted. (Tip: The slide-on clips Kaweco makes for the Sport work with the F-C 66P.)

I am not one of the 50+ F-C pen owners, but I do have about 20. I almost always have 2 to 4 inked. The FC (music) nibs are among my favorite nibs for calligraphy, so I usually have 2 pens with them inked with a black ink and a red ink.

About half my F-C pens have Masuyama nibs. Most recently, I bought a couple pens with italic nibs ground by Nagahara-san. They are splendid. 

David

I actually got an FC gift card for Christmas and have been considering their stock for a few months now. 

I've been looking at the 19 in King's Gold, the 31, and the 03. I'll probably pull the trigger on whichever one comes in stock first in a color I like. But the waiting is torture!

For nibs, it sounds like everyone loves the medium cursive italic and the music nib, so I'll get one with the pen and one separately. I may also pick up a medium or broad SIG nib because they sound fun.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear it!