• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Safari_Camo

• Estycollector

• MABuckeye

• airstairesc

On 1/8/2021 at 7:22 PM, redpillow said:

I don't agree with Schneider Gelion 39 being light resistant (UV) to an acceptaple degree, sure it is legible after heavy UV exposure, but color changes too much. The Schneider slider 755XB and Schneider 75 Express are superior in this sense.

I've tried the 755XB and actually liked the writing experience, but the ink blobs then smears. And I can't see my ink which is a no-go for me since my EDC ballpoint is my back up to my FPs.

Haven't actually tested the light fastness of the Gelion, but then again, that ink property isn't a priority for me. It is water resistant though (at least it was when I spilled my drink on it 🙃).

Might try the 75 Express for the heck of it. 😅 Thanks for the input and suggestion! 😁

I prefer the broad Parker type refills.  Green or red mediums I also like.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm trying to get a blue ballpoint refill, but I would like a vivid blue.
I'm not sure if I should get the Faber-Castell or the Pelikan.

Is there any place to watch the hues in this forum?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The Uni Jetstream SXR-600 refill in 0.7 mm is outstanding. I find it more reliable than the Schmidt Easyflow. For those in the US, it's available from both Amazon and Jet Pens.

https://smile.amazon.com/JETSTREAM-PRIME-Twist-Mechanism-Accessory/dp/B07L8MSQNR/

https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-SXR-600-Jetstream-Ballpoint-Pen-Refill-0.7-mm-Black/pd/25440

Schmidt Easyflow 9000 M is excellent.

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:50 PM, Safari_Camo said:

Hello, I'm trying to get a blue ballpoint refill, but I would like a vivid blue.
I'm not sure if I should get the Faber-Castell or the Pelikan.

Is there any place to watch the hues in this forum?

Thanks

I've only tried the Black refills, but just wanted to chime in to report that the Pelikan 337 refills are amazing. I have a bunch in the Fine point and they're the best I've tried. For me, they're worth the cost.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, silverlifter said:

I find the same. I haven't tried them yet, as I am still working my way through my existing refills, but my next purchase will be these: https://www.theonlinepencompany.com/monteverde-capless-ceramic-gel-refill-to-fit-parker-blister-of-2

which should be finer than the Parker ones...

The only problems I've had with Monteverde refills is that they tend to run out or dry out too quickly.  Otherwise, they've been decent refills and fill a void in the refill market.

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [i think therefore I yam.]

On 2/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, airstairesc said:

I've only tried the Black refills, but just wanted to chime in to report that the Pelikan 337 refills are amazing. I have a bunch in the Fine point and they're the best I've tried. For me, they're worth the cost.

I just "hacked" a Pelikan refill, in this case a Bold point, it writes fantastic!, it took me aprox. 20 min to remove with a sharp knife or cutter the outer top of the refill's cap, it's very hard indeed (my fingers were aching all the rest of the day).

My first trial was the Schneider 755 XB, that "surgery" took me less time.

Both refill are blue ones :)

hack_g2.JPG

1 hour ago, Safari_Camo said:

I just "hacked" a Pelikan refill, in this case a Bold point, it writes fantastic!, it took me aprox. 20 min to remove with a sharp knife or cutter the outer top of the refill's cap, it's very hard indeed (my fingers were aching all the rest of the day).

My first trial was the Schneider 755 XB, that "surgery" took me less time.

Both refill are blue ones :)

hack_g2.JPG

Nice work! It looks like a really precise cut, so your knife skills are good. I'm thinking of getting a cutting tool so that I can do similar hacks. Is the Pelikan Blue refill vivid enough for you?

I found the Schneider Gelion 39 last year. It's the best Parker refill I've ever used. Smooth, no globbing, nice bright blue ink. They say it's a 0.4mm but it writes more like a 0.6. It has been a total game changer for me.

17 hours ago, Danny Kaffee said:

I found the Schneider Gelion 39 last year. It's the best Parker refill I've ever used. Smooth, no globbing, nice bright blue ink. They say it's a 0.4mm but it writes more like a 0.6. It has been a total game changer for me.

Nice recommendation and at a really good price point. I read that these are great but that they run out fairly quickly. Have you found that to be true?

On 3/3/2021 at 5:13 AM, Danny Kaffee said:

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm thinking getting a Faber Castell Refill, maybe the blue is more vivid :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My favorite is the Monteverde Ceramic Gel refill. I prefer them to the Schmidt EZFLO 9000 and the color & tip size range is better.

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

4 hours ago, corniche said:

Hi all,

My favorite is the Monteverde Ceramic Gel refill. I prefer them to the Schmidt EZFLO 9000 and the color & tip size range is better.

- Sean  :)

I agree.  I have tried the Monteverde refill in Jotters and Jotter desk pens and the writing is easier than the Schmidt, which is nice for a ballpoint.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 4 months later...