EFNIR: Diamine Classic Green

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Diamine Classic Green

This is review #54 in my series.  Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: Shading is better than the zoom shows.  Also, the cameras didn't really pick up any color, so the color is adjusted.  It's close, but not quite right.  Even the video color isn't right.

Cleaning was easy with plain water.

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.DiamineClassicGreen.jpg.a1667529e8a5751cc92ad07237ea0377.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.DiamineClassicGreenS.jpg.86259f290a55f474356770815b5dbbb9.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.DiamineClassicGreenZ.jpg.02d9922581a3eefb4ae0741ea5ea1dfb.jpg

Absorbent Paper Closeup (puzzle paper like thick newsprint):
large.DiamineClassicGreenAP.jpg.3b37773395a5ae714db04ce74c1b17ba.jpg

Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: Noodler's Blue Ghost.

Want to influence the inky sequence?  Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy.  Comments appreciated!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• Detman101

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, yazeh said:

Good to see you back!

Funny what the definition of classic green can be, murky ;)

Thank you!

Once upon a time I would have called this murky, but now it's just a dark-ish foresty green with maybe a hint of murk.

2 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Thank you!

Once upon a time I would have called this murky, but now it's just a dark-ish foresty green with maybe a hint of murk.

😄

Was that the evil laugh of the sphinx we heard?

Thanks for the review!  I have Maiko and Alt Goldgrun, but not this one, though I do have Diamine Green Black (or black green?)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I love this murky-green color (and slightly yellow undertone within)! I tried more than 50 green inks, this one is in my Top 5 list. Still looking for that "perfect" one 😀

6 hours ago, Tas said:

😀

:D

42 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Was that the evil laugh of the sphinx we heard?

Thanks for the review!  I have Maiko and Alt Goldgrun, but not this one, though I do have Diamine Green Black (or black green?)

You'll just have to read on to find out whether the sphinx has an evil laugh... :P

There are so many greens in this space, and I seem to have a ton of them - the hunt for the perfect murky green.  Pretty sure I found it in Diamine Salamander, and nice as Classic Green is, I won't be getting a bottle.

23 minutes ago, ddntp said:

I love this murky-green color (and slightly yellow undertone within)! I tried more than 50 green inks, this one is in my Top 5 list. Still looking for that "perfect" one 😀

I wish you good fortune in your hunt for the murky green grail! :lol:

Would love to see how this works in a flex pen...
If the darkness lightens up/shades well, it might make it to the contender list.
Currently my favorite green is a mix of inks that I have to make every fill...

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

6 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Would love to see how this works in a flex pen...
If the darkness lightens up/shades well, it might make it to the contender list.
Currently my favorite green is a mix of inks that I have to make every fill...

I think someone's already posted images of it in a flex pen - try a search for posts from this year (pretty sure it was recent - possibly in the murky greens thread, or a TOD).  If nothing else, when it's time to ink up a new pen, I could put this in my Pilot Falcon or my FPR Indus and see how it does.  Or I could dip a Zebra G nib, but that wouldn't really give us flex pen flow information.

10 minutes ago, LizEF said:

I think someone's already posted images of it in a flex pen - try a search for posts from this year (pretty sure it was recent - possibly in the murky greens thread, or a TOD).  If nothing else, when it's time to ink up a new pen, I could put this in my Pilot Falcon or my FPR Indus and see how it does.  Or I could dip a Zebra G nib, but that wouldn't really give us flex pen flow information.

Thanks for the lead! I will search for it in the history of the forum :)

Oh kewl, that would rock if you could commit a flex-photo of the ink to this thread :)

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

3 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Oh kewl, that would rock if you could commit a flex-photo of the ink to this thread

I'll put a reminder on my calendar - it takes a long time for me to use up the ink in a pen (except these reviews), so it could be a few weeks.

10 minutes ago, LizEF said:

I'll put a reminder on my calendar - it takes a long time for me to use up the ink in a pen (except these reviews), so it could be a few weeks.

Understood, thank you! :)

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

12 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Thanks for the lead! I will search for it in the history of the forum :)

Lots of posts here with various samples of Classic Green - multiple on this page:

1 hour ago, LizEF said:

Lots of posts here with various samples of Classic Green - multiple on this page:

Thank you thank you!!
A shortcut is a nice gift. :)

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

1 hour ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

Green it is but it does not make me green with envy.

Thank you for the review!

:lol:

You're very welcome!

35 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Thank you thank you!!
A shortcut is a nice gift.

You're welcome! :)

I spent four years (and a lot of greenbacks) looking for "my" green, but never expected it to be this one until I ordered a bottle for school use (Diamine bottles being the hardest for the youth to knock over!), and instantly decided that school could make do with my Tokiwa Matsu instead!

This is what I was expecting from Miruai, somewhere between blue, green and black but in this case not so dark that looses its ambiguity. I don't see it as olive at all (unless you paint with it!), much closer to seaweed. I have this in a broad nib so lots of shading (and some red sheen, which is thankfully not excessive enough to be a drawback for me).

Each to their own, but happy to have found mine!

21 minutes ago, pgcauk said:

I spent four years (and a lot of greenbacks) looking for "my" green, but never expected it to be this one until I ordered a bottle for school use (Diamine bottles being the hardest for the youth to knock over!), and instantly decided that school could make do with my Tokiwa Matsu instead!

This is what I was expecting from Miruai, somewhere between blue, green and black but in this case not so dark that looses its ambiguity. I don't see it as olive at all (unless you paint with it!), much closer to seaweed. I have this in a broad nib so lots of shading (and some red sheen, which is thankfully not excessive enough to be a drawback for me).

Each to their own, but happy to have found mine!

:)  I remember how much you like this ink.  Your photos of it should be enough for anyone to want to give it a whirl!

23 hours ago, LizEF said:

:D

You'll just have to read on to find out whether the sphinx has an evil laugh... :P

There are so many greens in this space, and I seem to have a ton of them - the hunt for the perfect murky green.  Pretty sure I found it in Diamine Salamander, and nice as Classic Green is, I won't be getting a bottle.

I wish you good fortune in your hunt for the murky green grail! :lol:

I made my own: called it Noodler's Murk.  Just kept adding a bit of this and that.  Filled an empty Diamine bottle with it, added my own label, and it's got a permanent home in a Reform calligraphy pen.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.