What planner/diary are you using for 2021?

arcfide

Paperblanks Day Planner - 12month - Midi

Could use the Computer Calendar, BUT, Prefer to be able to write and use a Fountain Pen....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParramattaPaul

• arcfide

• wallylynn

• ridiculopathy

1 hour ago, Bill P said:

Paperblanks Day Planner - 12month - Midi

Could use the Computer Calendar, BUT, Prefer to be able to write and use a Fountain Pen....

I share your sentiment about computer calendars. 

On 12/16/2020 at 8:41 PM, OCArt said:

I found a 1999 American Express appointment book, 2021 dates match!

I used to love those things! Generally well bound, and nice paper.

I am continuing this year with a Traveler's Notebook 018 refill. It is the largest calendar I have found that I can easily EDC, and the format (basically one third of an A4). is large enough for most on-the-go notes, which can then be inserted without modification into a standard A5 notebook. I even keep a few full sheets of A4, folded in thirds, inside the back of the leather cover, which are handy for longer notes or ideas.

I used to carry an A5 Filofax in a fat leather binder, but I found it too much to carry everywhere, and too cumbersome as both a notebook as well as calendar. I also find if I can't carry my calendar with me even in a large pocket, it is simpler to go electronic and just enter dates and notes into my phone or other electronic device (which partially defeats the purpose of carrying a pen). Keeping two separate calendars (one manual, one electronic) has never worked particularly well for me, and keeping a handwritten main calendar and a handwritten carry calendar synchronized is a recipe for disaster.

With the Traveler's I can most of the time pocket or carry the calendar, so that is it always within easy reach. I do prefer pen and ink to electronic for as long as l can keep up with all my planning and scheduling using a manual system. But input/output of electronic devices improves every year, and paper planners are not typically friendly when plans change a lot.

One year soon may be my last for a paper and ink planner, but 2021 is not that year, and fortunately calendars/planning is only a minor part of my fountain pen habit anyway.

I've just switched over to bullet journaling instead of a calendar style planner. I'm continuing to use a Leuchtturm A5 dot grid notebook from last year for now. But I plan to switch to Muji A5 plain spiral bound notebooks when that one is full. At least for the batch I got they have nice paper, are very cheap (AU$5 each), and have a nice form factor (the spirals are small enough not to get in the way a lot). 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, loganrah said:

I've just switched over to bullet journaling instead of a calendar style planner. I'm continuing to use a Leuchtturm A5 dot grid notebook from last year for now. But I plan to switch to Muji A5 plain spiral bound notebooks when that one is full. At least for the batch I got they have nice paper, are very cheap (AU$5 each), and have a nice form factor (the spirals are small enough not to get in the way a lot). 

Muji stuff is generally nice. Be careful though as I bought some loose leaf which was fantastic, but the next lot was ordinary. If you find a good notebook or loose leaf grab a stash whilst you can.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

traveler's notebook OG size, free monthly. Because I almost never start my calendars on Jan 1. In DIY fauxdori cover. 

Would LOVE to be able to design my own layout and print it, then bind into a booklet myself, so I can have whatever extra pages I want. I already know how to do that last part, I make all of my plain notebook inserts already. But I need those pre-printed layouts. So that's my future project! Just gotta find out which software I need to do that basically

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

13 hours ago, wallylynn said:

I made my journal template using scribus https://www.scribus.net/

There are templates at diy planner too.

I thought about making my own travelers notebook but I can't bare with the large paper trimming. There's so much waste.

I use the excess as notepads! It's the perfect size for a long & skinny list-making pad. If you don't want it too long you can cut in half to make pocket notepads. Of course, that's as long as you're cutting from A4, I think if you're cutting from US Letter sized paper the leftover strips are too narrow. 

Thanks, I'll look into scribus!

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

For students, the MUJI planner which starts at September is the best as it covers the whole academic year. For personal use, I would recommend maruman Mnemosyne planner.

'The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth. ' George Orwell

I bought a MUJI A5 Vertical Planner for the 2021. I've been using Leuchtturm1917 A5 calendars/planners for a while, but wanted to try something else this year.

The MUJI has slightly "cheaper" feel and appearance than the Leuchtturm, but still offers good value for money. The paper is decent and fountainpen friendly. The MUJI planner fits well to my Galen Leather notebook cover for Leuchtturm1917.

• 10 months later...

Paperblanks Dayplanner 12 month MidI Day...been using for 10 years or so...

Lots of choices in terms of cover design, and page design., and planner size.  I have been very pleased with them.

Hobonichi Cousin for personal use; Rhodia notebook for bullet journaling work and household chores and appointments. Been using the Hobonichi product for about 10 years. 

Cheers - Nicholas

my planner for 2022 will be the Leuchtturm 1917.  I started my retirement using the Quo Vadis Note 21 and really like the layout but don't want to buy 16 month every year and they don't make a 12 month version of the Note 21.  the comparable Quo Vadis 12 month versions include a weird curved tear-off perforation that doesn't work for my sense of order.  Leuchtturm's layout is substantially similar to what I like and has a straight corner tear perforation.  :)   

Large Hobonichi 5-Year Techo A5 Size 

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams