Safari Colours 2021

jchch1950

Just my thought about all the green Safaris....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• inkstainedruth

• jchch1950

• lucraak

Probably won't bite on either of them myself.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Dear all,

Someone is already offering a new 2020 (2021) version of Terra Red and Savanna Green LAMY safari.

And some other colours and colour combinations as well. Have you seen the “MODY Passion?” What do you think? I am not sure, what to think about it ...

Kind regards,

Jan

Sorry, here are links:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/ModyPassion/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

https://www.instagram.com/modypassion/?hl=cs

https://www.google.com/search?q=mody+passion+lamy&client=ms-android-lenovo&prmd=isvn&sxsrf=ALeKk010PI_ZcUTu3qqlGyEMdIwe0tBf0Q:1608241158774&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwix-uyX_dXtAhWFC-wKHWAjBf4Q_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=360&bih=615&dpr=3

I looked at the last link (the one with all the Google images.  I could see myself buying the pink one with the blue clip and the purple one with the pink clip.  Does that make me an ADD-kid? :P

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

From FPN-Phillipines.

498226732_ScreenShot2020-12-23at10_48_17AM.thumb.png.3958694db577a945e45dadb84b7c6b9d.png

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

26 minutes ago, OCArt said:

From FPN-Phillipines.

498226732_ScreenShot2020-12-23at10_48_17AM.thumb.png.3958694db577a945e45dadb84b7c6b9d.png

Thanks for the picture. I like the idea of original colors Safaris. The Al-Stars look like blue-silver and champagne from some years ago. I see the Safaris and light blue al star in my collection

For about ten years, I have wanted a Lamy fountain pen in Savannah Green.  The second hand ones are too expensive for my budget and, in any case, I am reluctant to shell out big dollars for old plastic (given that ABS does unfortunately become a little brittle with age).

I remember a student in my class having the Terracotta Orange version in the early 1980s.  At the time, pens with proprietary cartridges seemed weird, with the majority of school kids in Germany writing with fountain pens that took standard international cartridges.  I should have bought a Safari at the time, but I didn't.

In 2021, I will be a buyer for a bunch of the special edition Safaris (including the BP).  I can't wait to secure myself a supply that will last a lifetime!

On 12/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, inkstainedruth said:

Heck, the Dark Lilac (which someone on here had been poking Lamy to come out with a purple one for years before that color was released) was the price of a regular Safari.  And was drop-dead gorgeous.

I had wanted a dark lilac so badly but didn't have the money, and I wiiiiiish they would bring it back for at least a lil bit.

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

I'm not up on my Safari history, but I got to see a gen 1 up close at a pen show. The owner was so proud particularly at the journey to get said artifact.🤑 His sheer adoration for his precious was impressive and I was all gee willikers, a genuine number uno, that's pretty cool.🧐

Flash forward, I find it hard to tell the difference between 1980 and rumored 41 years later possible version

I do hope the decimal point moves over a digit and some to renew the joy of Safari for a new generation.

19 hours ago, OCArt said:

From FPN-Phillipines.

A brown 2K?  I might have to finally break down and add a 2K to my collection... with my wife’s permission of course!  😂 😂 

Very happy about the light blue and light pink Al-Star!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?