Safari Colours 2021

jchch1950

Maybe is too soon to begin thinking in the new colours of Safari Especial Edition for 2021 ,but sometimes they are some information leak. Can anyone give us a hint about the new edition? Also they were some pens that were program to be issue this year but they are pospone :Lamy CC,Ideos ,green Aion. Any  news about them?😉

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• inkstainedruth

• jchch1950

• lucraak

Terracotta and Savannah?  Didn't they do that a few years ago? :(  (What is the deal with Lamy reissuing those endless rehashes of murky light green pens, anyway?)

Personally, I'd like to agitate for a return of French Blue (especially with the red clip).  I see the prices those are going for on eBay and go "Seriously?  It's JUST a Safari....  I'm NOT paying that kind of money for a Safari no matter how nice the color combo is!"  Heck, the Dark Lilac (which someone on here had been poking Lamy to come out with a purple one for years before that color was released) was the price of a regular Safari.  And was drop-dead gorgeous.  I also got one of last year's Violet ones, which is just enough different from the Dark Lilac.  

Guess Safari doesn't want my money.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Terracotta and Savannah?  Didn't they do that a few years ago? :(  (What is the deal with Lamy reissuing those endless rehashes of murky light green pens, anyway?)

Not that I am aware.

The Terracotta is a reddish brown and the Savannah was not a "murky light green".  You  might have the colors confused.
I would definitely buy those.

If this rumour proves to be true, I will be over the moon.  I will be a buyer for both, plus matching ink, should Lamy release that (they really should).

15 hours ago, Astronymus said:

There are rumours 2021 will bring two pioneers back: Terracotta orange & Savannah green.

Would be interested in informations about the source of these rumours - they appear avery couple of years again.  

ps: Lamy called them originally "Terra Red" and "Savanna Green"

On 12/13/2020 at 4:24 AM, jchch1950 said:

Maybe is too soon to begin thinking in the new colours of Safari Especial Edition for 2021 ,but sometimes they are some information leak. Can anyone give us a hint about the new edition? Also they were some pens that were program to be issue this year but they are pospone :Lamy CC,Ideos ,green Aion. Any  news about them?😉

It is NEVER too early to start thinking about the next year's special edition colors!!  🤔

I started thinking about 2021's after I saw (was disappointed by?) the 2020 colors.  😀

7 minutes ago, roloughlin said:

It is NEVER too early to start thinking about the next year's special edition colors!!  🤔

I started thinking about 2021's after I saw (was disappointed by?) the 2020 colors.  😀

I actually liked the Violet.  The other two colors, not so much.... (I really need to see the Mango in person to see if I can stomach the color or not -- it would depend on whether it leaned more orange or more "egg yolk" color, (as someone on here had described it early on.

Hmmm.  Does it say something that the Safari colors I like best always seem to have the coated clips instead of the plain chrome ones?  (Dark Lilac, French Blue, Violet -- and a few years ago I saw a LE or SE one on eBay, in the colors of the flag of Sweden: blue with a yellow clip).  I know that the clips *are* very functional -- but  somehow the chrome clips remind me of giant paperclips -- and not in a good way....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

18 hours ago, ljz said:

That should be the colours for safari. Al-Star 2021 has two new colours: light blue and light pink.

Now two? What's next? Three, like the Safari? The more they bring out the less special it feels.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, ljz said:

That should be the colours for safari. Al-Star 2021 has two new colours: light blue and light pink.

Hmmm.  I'd have to see what these look like before I make a decision.  I was able to pick up a Vibrant Pink al-Star on clearance at Vanness Pens a while back, after waffling for the longest time.  Really happy that I broke down and got one.  

These two new colors have potential, but not if they turn out to be pale, powdery shades.

21 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Hmmm.  I'd have to see what these look like before I make a decision.  I was able to pick up a Vibrant Pink al-Star on clearance at Vanness Pens a while back, after waffling for the longest time.  Really happy that I broke down and got one.  

These two new colors have potential, but not if they turn out to be pale, powdery shades.

I’m sorry to disappoint you here as the al-stars I saw on the advert pics are of metallic pale blue and pink. 😅

19 hours ago, ljz said:

I’m sorry to disappoint you here as the al-stars I saw on the advert pics are of metallic pale blue and pink. 😅

Do you have any links you can share with us?