Hello I'm a new member

psycherelics

Hello

I have a great love of early German pens and recently obtain this Kaweco pen, could anyone here tell what I found (Name or model number)?

ka1.jpg

ka2.jpg

ka3.jpg

ka4.jpg

ka5.jpg

ka6.jpg

ka7.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markiv

• psycherelics

• shalitha33

• carola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and welcome.

I, too, like you am a big fan of a German pens.

You did great with sharing these detailed pictures which help a lot in answering your questions.

Based on my knowledge I'd say this isn't a KaWeCo. From the looks of the celluloid it could be Italian or even American. The KaWeCo captop is an after market addon  ;)

Although being a lever filler I think the slightly unscrewed blind cap (the black knob at the barrel end) is quite interesting.

Good luck.

Oh my... the poor thing has suffered a lot. And I don´t have the slightest idea what it could be.

Do you plan on getting it restored? Looks like a lot of work, but that might very well be worth it.

I'm no expert on these , but im guessing this is a sort of a franken pen. It may have started life as a pen pencil combo. Some point in its life pencil bit got replaced with the blind cap looking thing.  Cap top  and clip too may have been replaced with a generic clip and a kaweco top.

What's written on the nib ? it kind of looks like a generic Durium gold plated nib?

On 12/10/2020 at 5:43 PM, shalitha33 said:

I'm no expert on these , but im guessing this is a sort of a franken pen. It may have started life as a pen pencil combo. Some point in its life pencil bit got replaced with the blind cap looking thing.  Cap top  and clip too may have been replaced with a generic clip and a kaweco top.

What's written on the nib ? it kind of looks like a generic Durium gold plated nib?

I didn't spot the combo angle but I can see that👍

On 12/6/2020 at 8:07 PM, markiv said:

Hello and welcome.

I, too, like you am a big fan of a German pens.

You did great with sharing these detailed pictures which help a lot in answering your questions.

Based on my knowledge I'd say this isn't a KaWeCo. From the looks of the celluloid it could be Italian or even American. The KaWeCo captop is an after market addon  ;)

Although being a lever filler I think the slightly unscrewed blind cap (the black knob at the barrel end) is quite interesting.

Good luck.

I got the pen today, the blind cap was/is used for other nibs, if you noticed the end of the barrel, it isn't tapered like most all combination pen/pencils and the blind cap screws into place just like the finger grip/nib assembly section also screws in.

2 hours ago, markiv said:

So that confirms its combo nature. Perhaps if you are feeling adventurous keep on the lookout to find the matching pencil section to complete the pen. Might also need a better nib. Good luck.

Somehow I doubt I could find a pencil section that big, I never seen a pencil section as large as a pen section and I've never seen a pencil section that screws in, most all I've ever seen are friction held in place and quite small.So no I don't believe it was ever a combo.Just a compartment for nibs or possibly ink pellets.

Secretary pens from Newark Pen Co *may have* had that design. Unfortunately I don't own any of them myself to include a photo :( . I can only give you a  random link.   

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1920s-secretary-fountain-pen-534438477

Obviously this doesn't match the model you have. but there may be other pens with the same design. Another possibility is a desk pen. As the barrel is threaded i'm not sure if this is the case. I would have expected it to be a slip-fit in that case.

I don't know enough about pens that carry a spare nib to comment on. only one i have seen is the imperials. it could have had a smiler design.  As you can see possibilities are endless. If you can find a trace of a faded imprint around the barrel or on / under the lever that would help a lot to identify this pen.