Jump to content
Rate Topic 0

Recommended Posts

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell if these are really Mabie Todd? You might need to zoom in, should be four pens. I don’t have them, they are for sale. The maroon/ish pen’s swan kind of looks like a duck and there isn’t a hyphen between self-filler, and the gray pen has an imprint I’m not familiar with at all, but my knowledge is limited. Thanks in advance. 
Kat

ADE601AB-CB45-4336-8462-098719A29611.png

D93BFC79-3337-4979-B47C-300ED3C2EFDC.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • sleepykat513

    4

  • eachan

    2

  • shalitha33

    1

  • sidthecat

    1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm no expert on this so you should really wait for a reply on some one who know. To me they all looks ok. only pen I haven't seen before is the last one. I'm assuming its from the biro-swan period ? If you can note down their model numbers, that might also help to id them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure they're fine.  The swan image changed a lot over the years.  It would be impossible for a forger to cover his costs in creating everyday pens of this vintage so it just doesn't happen.

Regards,

Eachan

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eachan said:

I'm sure they're fine.  The swan image changed a lot over the years.  It would be impossible for a forger to cover his costs in creating everyday pens of this vintage so it just doesn't happen.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shalitha33 said:

I'm no expert on this so you should really wait for a reply on some one who know. To me they all looks ok. only pen I haven't seen before is the last one. I'm assuming its from the biro-swan period ? If you can note down their model numbers, that might also help to id them.

I’m not too familiar with the biro-swan period. The numbers starting from the top blue one look to be 3120, 6160, and 3150. I don’t see a number on the grey one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A forger would probably concentrate on Mont Blancs, which are both expensive and somewhat standardized. My dad collected Chinese porcelain, and he ended up with a lot of fakes because he neglected to learn to distinguish what an expert on The Antiques Roadshow described as "250 shades of white."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sleepykat513 said:

I’m not too familiar with the biro-swan period. The numbers starting from the top blue one look to be 3120, 6160, and 3150. I don’t see a number on the grey one. 

 

Those numbers are correct for the respective colours.  The colour of the section on the blue pen is interesting.  I don't say it's wrong but I've never seen that combination before.

Regards,

Eachan

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eachan said:

 

Those numbers are correct for the respective colours.  The colour of the section on the blue pen is interesting.  I don't say it's wrong but I've never seen that combination before.

Thanks. I didn’t win the auction, but good information nonetheless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...