• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• seimodern

• MoriartyR

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently found this, I know It's Kaweco but what model name or number I don't know, anyone care to fill me in on what I've found?

ka1.jpg

ka2.jpg

ka3.jpg

ka4.jpg

ka5.jpg

ka6.jpg

ka7.jpg

1 hour ago, inkstainedruth said:

I'd love to see photos when you're done.  

I've took some photographs this afternoon but, under artificial lighting, they didn't capture how the pen looks in person. I will try with better, natural, lighting in a few days. I would like to make a little post about the restoration to inspire beginners. We'll see.

one I just bought, few days before FPN came back, which was actually caused by browsing other FP sites...

is this Pineider Juliet in red ebonite (seller's photo)

Pineider-Olschki-8.thumb.jpg.9429d1d825f31a89d0959f48149c6aa5.jpg

I had to have this one, since I already own the green sister...

1313228620_P1190056-3PineiderJuliet.thumb.jpg.3b2d054ce8278ef946537d6acf1729df.jpg

It's still not here yet (crossing fingers, but it's a local holiday the next 2 days) to take some larger photos

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Nothing, as far as I know. I already have a Lamy 2000 Bauhaus LE, which I barely ever use; the slight architect's grind character of its EF nib just don't suit my handwriting outcomes very well. I was thinking of selling it, and replacing it with a US$99 Makrolon one just to have one sample of this ‘iconic’ writing intstrument in my personal fleet/‘library’ of pens; but of course that all happened before the pandemic came and disrupted international shipping big time, so all my plans to sell my pens are sorta shelved for now.

Oh good, thought there were some faults with the pen.

I also am thinking in selling some of my collections but the hoarding mentality is still strong, smh.

After selling a vintage Montblanc I decided to “invest” in 3 new Pelikans. A Pelikan Expo Human Kind, a M101n Brown tortoise (black friday deal) and a Pelikan M101n Bright Red. 

Could not resist a Pelikan M800 EF Blue Dunes that I found on sale. Purchased the last one, but have not received it yet. Love the blue color! 😀

I bought a few from custom pen makers on Etsy.  3 from LarsonCustoms and 1 from LittlePenDesigns.  No affiliation with these shops other than being a happy customer.

30 Below.jpg

Copperline.jpg

Damascene.jpg

Derby Girl.jpg

While I did not buy much of anything, the wizards at Pilot of Japan somehow were able to fix a rusty clip that wouldn't budge on my vintage Pilot Elite! It's crazy, but the cap looks like brand new, (everything that I can see appears original, so I think any possible new parts are inside the cap.)

(EDITS: Formatting and gramma', as always.)

IMG_20201208_090114.jpg

I haven't bought anything in a very long time now. I suspect that will continue to be the case far into the foreseeable future.

However, I was gifted two pens: a vermeil green striped Pelikan M850 with a fine nib and a black rollerball Omas 360.

This generous gift of two pens, with a promise of a third coming soon as soon as it can be found, is really mind-blowing for me and unexpected. I am in love with the Pelikan and the Omas has seen generous use despite me not liking rollerballs all that much. I've filled the rollerball refill with Pilot Blue Black, which brought it back to life (it had dried out). We'll see how long it lasts with me refilling it in this manner.

6 hours ago, AL01 said:

While I did not buy much of anything, the wizards at Pilot of Japan somehow were able to fix a rusty clip that wouldn't budge on my vintage Pilot Elite! It's crazy, but the cap looks like brand new, (everything that I can see appears original, so I think any possible new parts are inside the cap.)

(EDITS: Formatting and gramma', as always.)

IMG_20201208_090114.jpg

Technics receiver/amp?

The trim looks similar to the Technics stuff I have in storage -- though mine is digital tuning era (80s).

I bought a Parker 45, blue barrel, cap and section.  The section had shrunk badly (which I didn't realise) but it came with 4 gold nibs (which I did realise).  I had no idea what they were.  They turned out to be -

F - Fine

O - Oblique 

E - Broad Italic

R - Medium Oblique

Having only paid £13 (around $17) for the pen and nibs, I think I did rather well.  I also bought a grey shield Harlequin for a very good price which now has the 'R' nib in it.  I added a grey shield ballpen to it as well.  I've also bought an olive green 45 to try the other nibs in.....  

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

1 hour ago, BaronWulfraed said:

Technics receiver/amp?

The trim looks similar to the Technics stuff I have in storage -- though mine is digital tuning era (80s).

Not a Technics, (I do use an SL-23 turntable though.)

The receiver is a Harman Kardon HK 560.

Doesn't really attract the pretty penny of the Sansui and Marantz receivers, but I like its sound, and think it should do well with expensive speakers, (whenever that dreamy day enters my horizons...)

18 hours ago, AL01 said:

Not a Technics, (I do use an SL-23 turntable though.)

I just have the SL-5 "close & play"

Relax folks -- my last comment on stereo gear