Jump to content

Red Tortoiseshell M600



Chiroptera121

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • chromantic

    12

  • Chiroptera121

    9

  • dms525

    9

  • TitoThePencilPimp

    8

I received this pen Thursday from La Couronne du Compte and love it. The binde is gorgeous. Since fretting over staining the last three of my pens which have been either demonstrators or white, the opacity of this pen is a relief. I can put Yama Budo or any other red ink in it without a second thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question on the tone/shade of red in the 600, cap and blind cap.  How does it compare to the color of the red cap on the m101n?  Is it the same, or a different shade?  Can someone who owns both describe the respective colors?  THANKS, ED

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ed333 said:

Question on the tone/shade of red in the 600, cap and blind cap.  How does it compare to the color of the red cap on the m101n?  Is it the same, or a different shade?  Can someone who owns both describe the respective colors?  THANKS, ED


It is different. The 600 skews more fire engine red and the M101N is more pinkish when side by side. I showed both in my review which you can find via the link in my signature.  The difference is hard to photograph but very noticeable in the right light side by side. 

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Clearance event. This is the message I got from the DHL tracking info from their website. It is 30 min away from my home. Does this mean that I have to pay import taxes (US)?

US customs generally doesn’t care about incoming packages with a declared value of less than $800.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine arrived today from Iguanasell. Truly beautiful, even nicer than I was expecting. Pelikan got it spot-on with this model (to my taste) and very glad I got it. 

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is ready for the USPS. Whether the feeling is mutual remains to be seen.

 

David

Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael R.
On 1/4/2021 at 9:56 PM, dms525 said:

Mine is ready for the USPS. Whether the feeling is mutual remains to be seen.

 

David


You are my pen twin 😉

 

Mine arrived today. With an EF nib:

 

50803944421_4e1e363545_4k.jpgP1000404 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50804054837_7d43132db9_4k.jpgP1000418 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803195993_993c1310c5_4k.jpgP1000415 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803944961_f180b499e8_3k.jpgP1000406 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803945571_a6bee7e9bb_4k.jpgP1000413 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

The color is impressing!

I hope yours will arrive soon.

Cheers

Michael

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
chromantic

Lovely photos, Michael, made me take mine out of the box and gaze wistfully at it. I hope my ink arrives soon.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael R.

Thank you 🙂

What ink are you waiting for? I have not decided which ink to use first. Maybe a bright but dark blue...

Cheers

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
Intensity

I'm very tempted by that pen after all.  Could anyone by chance post a photograph of an M101N section next to M600 section?  I'd like to see how the two compare ergonomically.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TitoThePencilPimp
2 hours ago, Intensity said:

I'm very tempted by that pen after all.  Could anyone by chance post a photograph of an M101N section next to M600 section?  I'd like to see how the two compare ergonomically.

I believe the Pelikan's perch website has what you are looking for under the review of the m600 red tortoise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michael R. said:


You are my pen twin 😉

 

Mine arrived today. With an EF nib:

 

50803944421_4e1e363545_4k.jpgP1000404 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50804054837_7d43132db9_4k.jpgP1000418 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803195993_993c1310c5_4k.jpgP1000415 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803944961_f180b499e8_3k.jpgP1000406 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

50803945571_a6bee7e9bb_4k.jpgP1000413 by pensninks, auf Flickr

 

The color is impressing!

I hope yours will arrive soon.

Cheers

Michael

 

 

 

Your photos have not made me more patient for mine to arrive. 🥺🥺

 

David

Link to post
Share on other sites
chromantic
4 hours ago, Michael R. said:

Thank you 🙂

What ink are you waiting for? I have not decided which ink to use first. Maybe a bright but dark blue...

Cheers

Michael

 

I ordered Diamine Blood Orange for it, should be here by the 12th. I usually get bored with reds and oranges after a few days use but I do like to match pens with inks so figured I'd give that one a go.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Intensity
2 hours ago, TitoThePencilPimp said:

I believe the Pelikan's perch website has what you are looking for under the review of the m600 red tortoise. 

 

Unfortunately it doesn't.  It only shows the two pens capped next to each other.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael, your photos are beautiful! I didn’t consider this pen as I only buy blue pens, but looking at your pictures has me a bit green with envy :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Intensity said:

 

Unfortunately it doesn't.  It only shows the two pens capped next to each other.

 

I just measured them with calipers. They are both the same - dead on 10mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MsRedpen

@Intensity  attaching a photo which might help

 

When measuring the section, calipers showed 1 mm less for M101N (9mm) compared to M600 (10mm).

 

large.6EA85CB8-CD2B-42D1-A801-A7FAB14C1F0E.jpeg.5992019e3d619fea9c13da16a40d2d62.jpeg

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Intensity

Interesting--thank you!  Looks like M600 has more of a tapering out at the base of the section by the nib.  M600 still has a plastic, non-brass piston assembly, right?  So it's similarly lightweight to M101N?  I'm not a huge fan of my M800 weight distribution and don't use it often.  Whereas at least one of my two M101Ns is used daily.

 

P.S.: does anyone else wish the standard red-stripe version came with the red finial, section, and cap of the red tortoiseshell version?  Looking at these photographs, I feel like the two pens are just begging for cap/finial/section swap in favor of the standard red stripe: 

 

 

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MsRedpen

@Intensity 

Yes, both pens have plastic piston assembly, M600 has apx 2 gr more of weight (if my digital kitchen scale can be trusted).

In hand they feel differently mainly due to the length.

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...