Jump to content

Red Tortoiseshell M600



Chiroptera121

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

I like the look of the pen but would rather have it in an 800 size.

 

8 hours ago, WLSpec said:

Yep, totally agree.

+1

My hands are too big for the M600, fortunately there have been some great M800s over the last couple years so I shouldn’t complain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • chromantic

    12

  • dms525

    11

  • Chiroptera121

    9

  • TitoThePencilPimp

    8

1 hour ago, Mulrich said:

 

+1

My hands are too big for the M600, fortunately there have been some great M800s over the last couple years so I shouldn’t complain. 

Yeah, that's true. I'm waiting for the next m800 release though, because when those LEs are sold out, prices just skyrocket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually don't buy M600's. But, Red + Tortoise is just impossible to resist.

I have two on pre-order, one for me and one for my wife.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiroptera121
18 hours ago, WLSpec said:

Yeah, that's true. I'm waiting for the next m800 release though, because when those LEs are sold out, prices just skyrocket. 

Rumor has it one is coming out this month?

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiroptera121
17 hours ago, Lam1 said:

I usually don't buy M600's. But, Red + Tortoise is just impossible to resist.

I have two on pre-order, one for me and one for my wife.

 

 

Two is one and one is none 😁

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit conflicted about this pen. Already own and frequently use a red tortoiseshell M101N, and this M600 would be too much of the same.  I love the M101N series.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this pen in pre-order too, and the reason to get it is exactly that it's a M600!

There are so many M800s to choose from, but M600s are more rare, especially in a special edition that is not just another one of the striped series.

Besides, my mid sized hands go really well with the M600. So, yes, I had to have this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, inkstainedruth said:

Yeah, my parents were HIGHLY disappointed when they went on a trip to Scotland and Nessie didn't make an appearance. :rolleyes:

Actually I was sort of under the assumption that both those pens were part of Sailors "Fairy Tale" series -- or is that the Pro Gear Slim I'm thinking of?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I was joking that the pen was a hoax, too. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Intensity said:

I’m a bit conflicted about this pen. Already own and frequently use a red tortoiseshell M101N, and this M600 would be too much of the same.  I love the M101N series.

I don’t know, but this looks to be more red and much less cream than the M101N? But I think they’re both beautiful, and the M600 is such a different style from the M101N that I’ve pre-ordered. Didn’t want to miss out on this one!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really (really!) taken by this pen... but the size; I have one M600, and though it used to be a perfect size for me, I find I use it now less and less.  


Ever since the image was posted on the weekend I've been using my 600, trying to get reacquainted with the size.  For now I'm still on the fence (but I'm very very tempted).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dennis_f said:

I am really (really!) taken by this pen... but the size; I have one M600, and though it used to be a perfect size for me, I find I use it now less and less.  


Ever since the image was posted on the weekend I've been using my 600, trying to get reacquainted with the size.  For now I'm still on the fence (but I'm very very tempted).

 

Aargh! Did you come to feel it was too large? Or too small?

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiroptera121
4 hours ago, amk said:

I don't mind this pen in m600 size.... but I wuld *love* it at the m200 price!

ain't that the truth!

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chromantic said:

 

Aargh! Did you come to feel it was too large? Or too small?

 

I seem to have outgrown the 600 size.  I used to use mine posted, but over the past year I've stopped doing that (with all my pens), so now I feel as though the 600 is too short.  Like a few others in this thread said, I would love it if this pen came in the 800 size...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now







×
×
  • Create New...