Red Tortoiseshell M600

Chiroptera121

9 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

I like the look of the pen but would rather have it in an 800 size.

8 hours ago, WLSpec said:

Yep, totally agree.

+1

My hands are too big for the M600, fortunately there have been some great M800s over the last couple years so I shouldn’t complain. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromantic

• dms525

• Intensity

• TitoThePencilPimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mulrich said:

+1

My hands are too big for the M600, fortunately there have been some great M800s over the last couple years so I shouldn’t complain. 

Yeah, that's true. I'm waiting for the next m800 release though, because when those LEs are sold out, prices just skyrocket. 

I usually don't buy M600's. But, Red + Tortoise is just impossible to resist.

I have two on pre-order, one for me and one for my wife.

18 hours ago, WLSpec said:

Yeah, that's true. I'm waiting for the next m800 release though, because when those LEs are sold out, prices just skyrocket. 

Rumor has it one is coming out this month?

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

17 hours ago, Lam1 said:

I usually don't buy M600's. But, Red + Tortoise is just impossible to resist.

I have two on pre-order, one for me and one for my wife.

Two is one and one is none 😁

~Theodore Roosevelt

I’m a bit conflicted about this pen. Already own and frequently use a red tortoiseshell M101N, and this M600 would be too much of the same.  I love the M101N series.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I have this pen in pre-order too, and the reason to get it is exactly that it's a M600!

There are so many M800s to choose from, but M600s are more rare, especially in a special edition that is not just another one of the striped series.

Besides, my mid sized hands go really well with the M600. So, yes, I had to have this one.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, inkstainedruth said:

Yeah, my parents were HIGHLY disappointed when they went on a trip to Scotland and Nessie didn't make an appearance. :rolleyes:

Actually I was sort of under the assumption that both those pens were part of Sailors "Fairy Tale" series -- or is that the Pro Gear Slim I'm thinking of?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I was joking that the pen was a hoax, too. 😉

11 hours ago, Intensity said:

I’m a bit conflicted about this pen. Already own and frequently use a red tortoiseshell M101N, and this M600 would be too much of the same.  I love the M101N series.

I don’t know, but this looks to be more red and much less cream than the M101N? But I think they’re both beautiful, and the M600 is such a different style from the M101N that I’ve pre-ordered. Didn’t want to miss out on this one!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I am really (really!) taken by this pen... but the size; I have one M600, and though it used to be a perfect size for me, I find I use it now less and less.  

Ever since the image was posted on the weekend I've been using my 600, trying to get reacquainted with the size.  For now I'm still on the fence (but I'm very very tempted).

4 hours ago, dennis_f said:

I am really (really!) taken by this pen... but the size; I have one M600, and though it used to be a perfect size for me, I find I use it now less and less.  

Ever since the image was posted on the weekend I've been using my 600, trying to get reacquainted with the size.  For now I'm still on the fence (but I'm very very tempted).

Aargh! Did you come to feel it was too large? Or too small?

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

4 hours ago, amk said:

I don't mind this pen in m600 size.... but I wuld *love* it at the m200 price!

ain't that the truth!

~Theodore Roosevelt

Pre-ordered! I love red pens. M600 is my favorite size. Got an EF this time, my first factory EF. Really looking forward to it!

Pre-ordered as well. I have a thing for tortoiseshell pens, and the M600 suits me just right. I hope they ship soon.

1 hour ago, chromantic said:

Aargh! Did you come to feel it was too large? Or too small?

I seem to have outgrown the 600 size.  I used to use mine posted, but over the past year I've stopped doing that (with all my pens), so now I feel as though the 600 is too short.  Like a few others in this thread said, I would love it if this pen came in the 800 size...