Red Tortoiseshell M600

Chiroptera121

Hello!

I haven't seen any threads on this pen since it was officially announced (minus one that thought it was going to be an m800).  Apologies if there are others! 

Here is a link to the write up from The Pelikan's Perch https://thepelikansperch.com/2020/11/03/pelikan-m600-tortoiseshell-red-announced/ 

This seems like it will be a sweet version of the m600!  Anyone pre-order yet?!  I figure we can all chat here while we wait for the orders to come in 😁.

What ink are you planning to use first in your new red tortoiseshell m600?!?

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromantic

• dms525

• Intensity

• TitoThePencilPimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have mine on pre-order!  The 600-size is perfect for me, but there were only a few models the past 5 years or so that I found worth-while. This one looks great. Reminds me a bit of the M101N Red Tortoise. And of course I will pair it with a red ink. The one I have in mind is Mont Blanc Corn Poppy Red ... but that’s because I haven’t tried this ink yet, and I want to give it a try.

Release data was somewhere in December I believe... keeping my fingers crossed for a Christmas Present 😉

Corn poppy would be a nice red with some pop to it for sure!  Last I heard the release is somewhere in "mid-December"...hopefully sooner rather than later.  Personally, I am thinking of first inking up Montblanc Petrol Blue for a nice fire and ice effect 🔥🧊.  

~Theodore Roosevelt

I think this is a fantastic pen. Bright red and tortoise go together so well. I don't think I'll be getting it, though, simply because I like really big pens (M1000 is very comfortable for me). We shall see, though. I haven't tried an M600 yet, so maybe it would work.

My husband pre-ordered one as Christmas gift - for me. Because... after 30+ years together he knows some of this would work... Pelikan, M600, red, tortoiseshell pattern.

First fill is always Royal Blue 4001!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

1 minute ago, MsRedpen said:

My husband pre-ordered one as Christmas gift - for me. Because... after 30+ years together he knows some of this would work... Pelikan, M600, red, tortoiseshell pattern.

You're so lucky!  My husband has flat out said he won't ever buy me a pen, for fear of him getting the "wrong" one.  

At least he only turns a LITTLE pasty grey when I buy something relatively expensive.  Most of which turn out to be Pelikans, for some reason.  Although the Pilot Falcon I got a few months ago (the new "purple" one was just absolutely calling my name), is sort of up there price-wise.  And I've been looking longingly at either the Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch or Loch Ness Moster of late....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I ordered this pen from Europe at a good price and can't wait to get it. I've devoted a great deal of thought to the ink and still don't have an answer. Orange is a highlighting color for me, and the 600 is an everyday pen not a highlighter. I don't like red unless I'm grading and these days all grading is online. 

I'm considering a blue-black, maybe Montblanc JFK. The Petrol is also tempting. 

I'd love to hear others' ink ideas/ suggestions!

7 minutes ago, LuckyKate said:

I ordered this pen from Europe at a good price and can't wait to get it. I've devoted a great deal of thought to the ink and still don't have an answer. Orange is a highlighting color for me, and the 600 is an everyday pen not a highlighter. I don't like red unless I'm grading and these days all grading is online. 

Diamine Deep Dark Orange? I use this in my m101n Red Tortoise.

9 minutes ago, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Diamine Deep Dark Orange? I use this in my m101n Red Tortoise.

I bet Apache Sunset would be cool...maybe a nice sepia with some orange undertones

~Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, LuckyKate said:

Perhaps KWZ Grapefruit?

I've been reluctant to dip into the 600s, afraid they might prove a bit large for my handm but this one looks amazing, at least in the publicity photos.

Might give it serious consideration once actual photos start to appear as EU prices seem good (a bit less than I just spent on my M400 Brown Toroise).

Ink might be a problem, though, as I have a hard time using red for more than a couple days before wanting to flush it. Something bright but ever so slightly orange-y would be good, Irori might be too wet but Wild Strawberry maybe, or even orange-ier like Grapefruit, as Motruba suggests. We'll see.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

55 minutes ago, chromantic said:

I've been reluctant to dip into the 600s, afraid they might prove a bit large for my handm but this one looks amazing, at least in the publicity photos.

Might give it serious consideration once actual photos start to appear as EU prices seem good (a bit less than I just spent on my M400 Brown Toroise).

Ink might be a problem, though, as I have a hard time using red for more than a couple days before wanting to flush it. Something bright but ever so slightly orange-y would be good, Irori might be too wet but Wild Strawberry maybe, or even orange-ier like Grapefruit, as Motruba suggests. We'll see.

At first I didn't like the images. Im not really into Pelikans whose barrel, cap, and nib section are the same color. Except, for the pelikan m101n which is my favorite. A member here convinced me to pre-order. If you feel that the m400 is comfortable, then the m600 should be fine.  That is one of the reasons why I did not buy the m600 vibrant orange. Wish the cap was black. 

I like the look of the pen but would rather have it in an 800 size.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Noodler’s Cardinal Kestrel is another somewhat orange leaning red that seems well behaved when I’ve used it, and doesn’t get much discussion.

19 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

And I've been looking longingly at either the Sailor ... Loch Ness Moster of late....

You know that’s a hoax, Ruth?  😉

On the official photos of Pelikan I think it is a beautiful pen, but I will wait until I see pictures of this pen in the wild before I buy this pen. let's hope that the pen will be in the shops before Christmas

7 hours ago, motruba said:

You know that’s a hoax, Ruth?  😉

Yeah, my parents were HIGHLY disappointed when they went on a trip to Scotland and Nessie didn't make an appearance. :rolleyes:

Actually I was sort of under the assumption that both those pens were part of Sailors "Fairy Tale" series -- or is that the Pro Gear Slim I'm thinking of?

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."