Shipping Chinese fountain pens to India

Baoer, Jinhao and Hero pens can be found with ease, but brands like Wing Sung, Moonman etc are almost impossible to find. I really want to get a Wing Sung 699 and a Moonman M100, but the price of shipping is more than one and a half times the pen itself.

Please suggest me sources from which I could buy Chinese pens for a reasonable price.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HartGummi

• sciumbasci

• bk123

• A Smug Dill

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to current COVID-19 restrictions most of the sellers at Aliexpress have either stopped shipping to India or they are using premium express shipping services which is not affordable at all. Earlier they used reasonable Aliexpress standard shipping under $4 or  free china airmal or other slow but reasonable priced like $1 or $2 shipping services.

Hope they will start the cheap airmail shipping service again to India.

For chinese pens I prefer Aliexpress to any other eCommerce website

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Largely no free shipping to Australia when buying pens on AliExpress these days, either, unless the pens are priced so relatively highly (e.g. some listings have the HongDian 1850 at ~US$15, and others have them at less than US$7) that effectively you're paying a large chunk in shipping but those listings get to show up favourably as offering 'free shipping'.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

10 hours ago, sciumbasci said:

No free shipping to India from China with Ebay or Aliexpress? 

Not since I started looking for a Wing Sung. As bk123 said, Covid has disrupted everything. I will have to wait until shipping improves.

AFAIK, Indian Post is now only offering surface freight and post and even that many freight is restricted , so the only working option is through Courier provider like Fedex and DHL , and their price shown ... until the situation improve there's simply no way around it