Anyway, as I was saying.........

inkypete

What have you been doing during the great FPN crash of 2020. Let's all blame covid. Makes me realise how much I miss this website.

So, what did you all do? What paper, notebooks or other exciting stuff did you buy or acquire?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• Pale.Ink.Tom

• AmandaW

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I acquired nothing more than an improved understanding of how FPG works, or does not, as the case may be.

X

Ordered a Lamy 2000 last weekend. Should arrive by Tuesday. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I bought two new notebooks.  On Thanksgiving day I was going to write a letter but could not find my stationery.  Amazingly, the Seattle Kinokuniya was open, so I hurried down to buy another pad of Midori MD Cotton and MD Cotton envelopes.  And also bought an Apica CD Notebook and Fabriano EcoQua, both of which are new to me.

Also bought a new Delta Dolcevita Federico on the For Sale section of fpgeeks 🙂

More Paperblanks journals — the Lindau Gospel design, which I've had my eye on for the longest time, finally dropped to a good enough price on Amazon AU, so I ordered three at once; and, before that, a few other designs too.

Inks — my order of PenBBS ink No.406 and No.178, which were blocked by Customs in China and returned to sender without ever having left the country the first time, finally made it to me in Australia when the seller sent the package a second time, the long away around via (Russia? and) the Netherlands.

Pens — a couple of Sailor Pro Gear Slim Mini pens (with compatible converters), and a Sailor PGS Midnight Sky with Zoom nib, are on their way to me

Nibs — I broke the bent EF nib (or is that bent 1.0 nib?) on one of my HongDian model 1850 pens trying to make it perform handwriting gymnastics for my ink reviews, and so I ordered a handful of replacement nibs from AliExpress, just in case. (The broken nib has now been reshaped to a tipping-less broad-edged nib.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I visited the 'other' forum as I normally do.  I bought two notebooks although I really didn't need even one.  I fixed a pen.  And, I watched more television than i usually do.

(Boring, I know.)

Tons! I:

• Switched to a Jibun Techo from an Apica Free Monthly schedule
  • Switched to using Locke's method for managing my notebooks
  • Switched to using Kokuyo high grade MIO notebooks
  • Realized that I really missed the forum
  • Switched back to using Platinum Blue Black ink
  • Picked up a Loupe for my nibs
  • Started leveraging some new productivity techniques

Got a second Kaweco Copper Liliput and a Kaweco converter. Gosh! Do I love this little pen!

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

8 hours ago, praxim said:

I acquired nothing more than an improved understanding of how FPG works, or does not, as the case may be.

😉I hardly ever visited FPG, but during the downtime of this site, I ventured into their site. There I saw some crazy and rude posts🙈 (I do not think that I am crazy or rude to call them crazy and rude). It was also the first time that I learned of "internet trolls"! It made me miss and appreciate FPN even more. 

I spent some time at the other pen forum too, but didn't enjoy watching it deteriorate.

And I ordered a Faber Castell Loom (matte gunmetal with an EF nib) for Christmas and Graf von FC Stone grey to go with it. Unfortunately the ink was then back-ordered. Not wanting to delay shipping I asked for the ink to be switched to the Cognac colour which was in stock - a perfect gift for someone on my list. Sigh, new pen, no ink. Santa isn't getting cookies with his milk this year.

Our state borders are opening in a few days so our six months without virus will be over. I'm going to have to isolate as soon as that happens because I'm asthmatic and old enough to be a bit concerned. I've prepared the studio:

go_away.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I bought quite a few things. Sticking with paper and related paraphernalia, I bought a Gusti Leder goat leather A6 cover to house Seawhite sketchbooks. It looks so nice, I had to buy a couple of Clairefontaine 90x140 Age Bag notebooks to slot into it as well.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Love seeing your notebooks on the shelf behind AmandaW. Looks like Spiral bound Nirvana!DSC00021b.JPG.f9b07cfdca86ce3808dda60ef0a9ab76.JPG

I don't think my profile avatar is true ephemera but if anyone could offer a guess at what pen it is I may rise up and call you blessed. I'm going with Duofold...?

πTom

2 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

Love seeing your notebooks on the shelf behind AmandaW. Looks like Spiral bound Nirvana!DSC00021b.JPG.f9b07cfdca86ce3808dda60ef0a9ab76.JPG

I don't think my profile avatar is true ephemera but if anyone could offer a guess at what pen it is I may rise up and call you blessed. I'm going with Duofold...?

I don't know what your pen is Gaudi95, but is is cute!

That shelf is just a part of my visual diary collection - full of writing, drawing and doodling it's my notes, my history and a great depository for fountain pen ink (and a good excuse to order more). :blush:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Isn't it just! Silver Crane Company Ceramic Pen, made under license for Parker and the date 1984. (for the stats people)

I wonder how many there are left in the world. I don't understand how mine has survived so long.

It looks cute and dinky but it's as long as my forearm and not very bendy!!

Very impressive (part) visual diaries Amanda! In awe here! I still have some of my art and design school workbooks and Uni lecture notes and to be honest I never produced anything better than them really. I love looking back through them and my folders and thinking.."who was that clever man"? 

πTom

3 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

Isn't it just! Silver Crane Company Ceramic Pen, made under license for Parker and the date 1984. (for the stats people)

I wonder how many there are left in the world. I don't understand how mine has survived so long.

It looks cute and dinky but it's as long as my forearm and not very bendy!!

Very impressive (part) visual diaries Amanda! In awe here! I still have some of my art and design school workbooks and Uni lecture notes and to be honest I never produced anything better than them really. I love looking back through them and my folders and thinking.."who was that clever man"? 

I have a couple, different colours. Also have a letter rack and Quink bottles in same style, oversized ceramics. I love them. I sometimes wonder if they have any value.

I've seen pics of blue and white speckled pen inkypete. Is that one of them? And the Quink bottle is amazing. I've never seen a letter rack.

Congratulations on a great collection of 'oversized ceramic writing paraphernalia'. Would you care to comment on the model of Parker? I've got a black Duofold Centennial with gold trim here that looks a bit like it.

They have loads of novelty value for a start! I dare say we'll find out. AmandaW already thinks they're cute.

Cheers Pete

πTom

56 minutes ago, Gaudi95 said:

I've seen pics of blue and white speckled pen inkypete. Is that one of them? And the Quink bottle is amazing. I've never seen a letter rack.

Congratulations on a great collection of 'oversized ceramic writing paraphernalia'. Would you care to comment on the model of Parker? I've got a black Duofold Centennial with gold trim here that looks a bit like it.

They have loads of novelty value for a start! I dare say we'll find out. AmandaW already thinks they're cute.

Cheers Pete

I have the same as yours and the speckled version. They look duofoldish to me too. I also have the pen cup which is a smaller version of the ink bottle.