Finally, back online again!

wimg

The forum being down made me realize how often I have been lurking around here... Great to be back!

Thanks for everyone involved in the solution.

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• ParramattaPaul

• aimi

• DrScholl

Tremendous thanks to all of you who put this back together again!  And for the many hours of work you put into this, rather like reconstructing the genome of a whale.  If this is the gift-giving season, you have given us all the best ever! 

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

Welcome back.

Thank you for all the hard work it has taken to get this site back.  I have missed it.

Cheers from down under.

Sooooo glad it's back up. Thanks to the Admins. for all the hard work!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

I am glad to have a good part of my life back with this forum coming back online

Makes me realize how much time I spend on it and for some reason unknown my pen interest has dipped a bit during the downtime 

Very nice to see things up and running again!  Well done all!  We do appreciate all of your hard work!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

12 hours ago, Jebus said:

The forum being down made me realize how often I have been lurking around here... Great to be back!

Thanks for everyone involved in the solution.

Same here, cheers folks !!

Must have been a HUGE work! Many thanks!

I've been visiting a few other FP sites during this long month...

But it's just not the same thing!!

Glad to see the forum back up.  I will admit I have not visited as much as in the past, as I have for the most part gotten out of the fountain pen acquisition business, just a lack of room to store them, and also have other interests.  I do like to return periodically to see what is going on and what is new. 

Regards

Jeff

From a pen geek who used to work in IT - major congratulations. Reading the progress updates was giving me flashbacks to why I stopped working in IT!

Just now, twigletzone said:

From a pen geek who used to work in IT - major congratulations. Reading the progress updates was giving me flashbacks to why I stopped working in IT!

😂

Fortunately I am very persistent.

Is that a mini opossum in your avatar, BTW?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

1 hour ago, sdbruder said:

Good to be back! Thanks for the hard work! And let’s keep those backups maintained 😉

I will, I will.

The big problem with thsi one is despite reassurances, the newer database versions were not compatible with the old software control panel, which complicated things for fixing the database, especially as we could not downgrade database versions on the old server. So we had to migrate to a new server - fortuhnately Black Friday deals were on already :).

That alone took two weeks to fix, however, apart from the (relatively) minor stuff over the next few weeks.

Since this was such a big step, we decided to go ahead with the software upgrade as well ....

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever