Having Fun With 1X And 2X Series Pens

bunnspecial
Rate Topic 0

I wasn't really that interested in the Montblancs 1X 2X and 3X series, and never really payed much attention to them until my father passed away and I found two 32s in his desk. I found these were lovely pens to write with. Since then I have moved up to the 2X and 1X series. These are just amazing pens. especially the 14 and 24. The nib is really good and my pens just write like a dream. I just don't understand that these pens can be picked up at such low prices. 

I prefer finer nibs. I had a 24 with a BB nib in it but switched it for an F nib from a 24 until I got broken 14 with a good F nib. I almost always have a 14 or 24 inked up, as these just write so nicely. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bunnspecial

• silverlifter

• Ambien

• AndyLogan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nethermark said:

I found these were lovely pens to write with.

In addtion to this, they are easy to maintain, and most importantly for me, they are relatively subtle, they don't scream "look at me, I'm a Montblanc!" Perfect pens, really. :)

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, Nethermark said:

I wasn't really that interested in the Montblancs 1X 2X and 3X series, and never really payed much attention to them until my father passed away and I found two 32s in his desk. I found these were lovely pens to write with. Since then I have moved up to the 2X and 1X series. These are just amazing pens. especially the 14 and 24. The nib is really good and my pens just write like a dream. I just don't understand that these pens can be picked up at such low prices. 

I prefer finer nibs. I had a 24 with a BB nib in it but switched it for an F nib from a 24 until I got broken 14 with a good F nib. I almost always have a 14 or 24 inked up, as these just write so nicely. 

It might not be for low prices for long now.

And so my search for a affordable OB continues every day. 

Tempus edax rerum