Show Your Namiki - Fans' Thread

Linger

Similar to the Nakaya thread, I thought it appropriate to also offer a platform for us to show our Namiki treasures. I will kick-off with mine and look forward to yours.

Urushi Lacquer Vermillion #20 with M nib

Yukari Grapevine with (#10) F nib

Chinkin Pine Tree with (#10) M nib

namiki1.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Linger

• Maki-eMagic

• Nurmister

• MoriartyR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my Yukari Royale. Honestly I think it is pen perfection and a compelling argument could be made that this is the best fountain pen currently made, at any price. We may all have other favourite pens according to personal taste, but I doubt there is anything else that objectively matches the Royale for quality, integrity of design, and function.

fpn_1602770086__e5964622-304d-4afb-8328-

Could not agree more.

Funny though that most of us refer to this pen as the “Yukari Royale”. And even though it has the exact dimensions of the Yukari Royale, its offcial Namiki name is “Urushi Lacquer Black #20”. Same applies to the “Emperor”. Namiki reserves that name for the maki-e masterpieces. The red and black baseball bats are officially called “Urushi Lacquer Vermillion/Black #50”.

Anyway, regardless, this size (#20) is pen perfection. I also want the black one. At one point.

Namiki #50 vermillion and a Shop exclusive #50 in sterling silver

MUu9YQT.jpg

z1ufYeR.jpg

bLDD0FX.jpg

Emperor Chinkin Tiger and Goldfish

J1lZ0bh.jpg

a4M3vnw.jpg

GA9v6V7.jpg

XOOqav3.jpg

And one #20 vermillion.

Stunning pens, Mew. The sterling silver #50 is very interesting. Pictured like that next to the Emperor it looks smaller but actually it must be an enormous pen and even significantly larger than the Emperor if you posted the cap as it is designed to do.

Thanks for showing them.

Stunning pens, Mew. The sterling silver #50 is very interesting. Pictured like that next to the Emperor it looks smaller but actually it must be an enormous pen and even significantly larger than the Emperor if you posted the cap as it is designed to do.

Thanks for showing them.

Thanks. Namiki is my favourite brand and I want to collect as many as I can afford comfortably. I do not like the single colour theme of the Chinkin so I will be selling that and replacing it with a maki-e. :)

Edit: regarding the shop exclusive #50, it does post since the barrel end is threaded for the cap, but it becomes uncomfortably back heavy to use.

Edited by Mew

Edit: regarding the shop exclusive #50, it does post since the barrel end is threaded for the cap, but it becomes uncomfortably back heavy to use.

Yeah. I think you would need both hands to write with the cap posted! It’s such a beautiful and unique pen. I envy you.

Gorgeous pens Mew! I'd love to know more about that shop exclusive #50: Is there a story? Is Myth the shop? Is it an eyedropper, and if so where is the joint for the blind cap hiding? I find my #50 Vermillion very comfortable to hold for long writing, but your pen looks even larger, both in section and body. I assume it's heavier, too? If this is already all answered on an old thread I would be more than happy to follow any links you could provide :-)

Here is my Yukari Royale. Honestly I think it is pen perfection and a compelling argument could be made that this is the best fountain pen currently made, at any price. We may all have other favourite pens according to personal taste, but I doubt there is anything else that objectively matches the Royale for quality, integrity of design, and function.

That’s just gorgeous. I agree that it’s pen perfection. I’m still working full time; my son starts college next fall. I will most likely retire when he graduates or a year or two after. When that happens, I am getting one of these pens.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Gorgeous pens Mew! I'd love to know more about that shop exclusive #50: Is there a story? Is Myth the shop? Is it an eyedropper, and if so where is the joint for the blind cap hiding? I find my #50 Vermillion very comfortable to hold for long writing, but your pen looks even larger, both in section and body. I assume it's heavier, too? If this is already all answered on an old thread I would be more than happy to follow any links you could provide :-)

Here's the store page with the details: https://www.shosaikan.co.jp/category/ORIGINAL/MYTH_M.html

So glad to see that someone else has the Grapevine. Wines are an interest of mine, so I was happy to find one. I liked it so much that I bought another as a gift for a friend of mine who is a winemaker. I also have a Red #20 and Red #50, and I agree that the Namiki pens are among the finest ones made. My grail pen is the Goldfish. Photos do not do it justice.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Hi,

Thank you. The story has been shared by another member above. Name of the shop is Shosaikan, a high end stationary store located in Aoyama. From what I have been told, this is the only shop exclusive #50 in existence along with one made from Fullhalter, which was a clipless #50 vermillion. It is an eyedropper and the white knob at the end is the blind cap.

The pen is about 76 grams capped and about 46 grams when uncapped. It is as comfortable as any other #50 because of the right balance.

Here's the store page with the details: https://www.shosaikan.co.jp/category/ORIGINAL/MYTH_M.html

Thanks. I had no idea that it was an LE of 99 pieces and they sold it online too. I was under the assumption that it was an unlimited production pen and they sold only in shop.

Lucky to get it even after 13 years of launch.

Namiki #50 vermillion and a Shop exclusive #50 in sterling silver

MUu9YQT.jpg

z1ufYeR.jpg

bLDD0FX.jpg

Emperor Chinkin Tiger and Goldfish

J1lZ0bh.jpg

a4M3vnw.jpg

GA9v6V7.jpg

XOOqav3.jpg

And one #20 vermillion.

:thumbup: Chinkin Tiger.

-rudy-

fpn_1603199176__kimg0927.jpg

This is my first Namiki pen.

#50 vermilion with gold rings. As I mentioned in other thread, this version was discontinued.

Inside of cap edge is lined with felt band to protect Urushi lacquer, however writing with the cap posted is not practical at all.

Edited by tacitus

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

308,000 yen eh? Guess I won't be buying one of those, in this lifetime or the next........

Out of my budget, too, but I was expecting it to be higher than that.

• 2 weeks later...

My Namiki Vermillion Urushi #20 is the flagship of my collection. Interestingly, I've had some ups and downs with nib performance... specifically, it has been very ink specific ink flow temperamental, easily causing railroading with dryer inks, as well had a "singing" issue. However I'm happy to report after some nib-end manipulation on a few occasions all issues have been rectified.

29683286598_e635f5687f_k.jpgPilot 5 by T Seg, on Flickr

43507893762_25d39ab0a8_k.jpgPilot 6 by T Seg, on Flickr

28894542767_217de31fd1_k.jpgRoyal Blue by T Seg, on Flickr

:thumbup: this certainly looks like a perfection.

-rudy-

• 1 month later...

Hi, first day here since being able to join the re-opened forum. Here's my goldfish, pine chinkin and black urushi 50. I also love the dragon chinkin and dragon emperor with the gorgeous raden work.

0Z7_3445k.jpg

0Z7_1915k.jpg

NamikiUrushi50.jpg