Parker Pen Auction Report For 10/11/20

JotterAddict62

Greetings All

This is the my first auction report in 11 months here in Parkerland for pens do to Covid in 2020. I would have posted this on Sunday but I was tired do to the fact I worked a 12hr night shift on Saturday night and was up for 30+hrs. Enough about me, on to the report.

A nice small group of pens and the local crowd of pens buyers & c-worders were present.

Duofolds, P51's, T-1s,P75's,Jotters, Wahl pencils, Scheffers & other non pen items. Two of the bidders were paying full retail for some of the pens, I can't do that [ pay retail ]when it comes time to resell the pens that I pick up.The price they were paying reflected buy the long wait this year for any auction service that had any Parkers up for auction.

Well here is the three photos of what was to be auction off.

https://content.auctionzip.com/listing/3482112/625808746_fl

https://content.auctionzip.com/listing/3482112/625808778_fl

https://content.auctionzip.com/listing/3482112/625808838_fl

This was up for auction and you could have bought it for $5.

iOh5Kx4.jpg

I do not have a truck. :gaah: :gaah:

Well here is what I managed to buy when the other two would let me bid.

Pen parts

tfLbFun.jpg

More pen parts

Wm3Lp1L.jpg

Jotters a Sheaffer. I do like my new Jotter 2nd from the left.

42Wwkyc.jpg?2

Duofolds and a few Sheaffers.

9uXUQF3.jpg?1

And my favorite pick.

Parker playing cards

knr9JZV.jpg

Still sealed decks.

I have not gone through all the parts and the pens to see how good of shape the pens are.

I think I did well for the price I paid for the Duofold's and the Sheaffers overall.

This auction was a little closer to home than the one last Nov. [ 7 miles rather than 8 miles ] . This auction was just on the east side of the farm block of the other auction.

Ken

Please NO PM's asking me if I want to sell anything at this time. I need time to look at what I have in detail. Thanks.

Edited by JotterAddict62

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JotterAddict62

• mitto

• bsenn

• gweimer1

I wish I had known. When I was a lot younger I made it from here leaving at 7:00 am to Camp Randal by 3:30 pm in time to see the top 15 in the DCI prelims.

Oh well, two days of driving and two overnight hotel stays plus ? for a pen case likely would be too much.

And no restaurants.

Well, a person can dream silly dreams.

Wow, nice!

I'm going to have to start paying attention again...

Sorry I did not invite you to the party. I'll save your invitation for a big one. :thumbup:

It was a dogfight, auction started at 10AM and the pens sold last about 1:30 PM and finished at 2PM

Yes, that's a nice haul. I like the pen that has an American flag design, one of the Parker Big Red ballpoint/rollerballs?

I admire your energy for following these sales.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Yes, that's a nice haul. I like the pen that has an American flag design, one of the Parker Big Red ballpoint/rollerballs?

I admire your energy for following these sales.

Thanks, the flag pen is a Vector rollerball.

I sorted the parts boxes and I did well on that end. Found two Parker nibs a Lucky curve on the large side and a smaller nib. Vac filler units 1 lockdown , 2 streamline & 5 plastic units.

Assorted Duofold cap tops and clips & other Vac and P51 parts. Other non Parker sections and feeds, lever bars clips & cap bands. All in all for the price I paid for the parts I did well on that end. I am happy on what I was supposed to get at that auction.

The playing cards are pretty cool. I don't normally collect ephemera (other than some of the Carter's ads with the white mother cat and her ink colored kittens, because they're cute). But something like those cards? That's just different.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The playing cards are pretty cool. I don't normally collect ephemera (other than some of the Carter's ads with the white mother cat and her ink colored kittens, because they're cute). But something like those cards? That's just different.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I will always look for the unusual in Parker ephemera Ruth. They are going to stay sealed and I will find another two decks someday.

Great catch, Ken. Congrats. Hope some day will accompany you to an auction like that.

Thanks. Have you been finding some pens this year?

Thanks. Have you been finding some pens this year?

Yes. A friend is on a two months visit to US. And I am taking maximum advantage of his presence there. He is continuously receiving parcels of pens that I am purchasing.

He is coming back on Oct. 25 with a large box of my pens. :)

Khan M. Ilyas