Wahl Eversharp Equipoise

Rockape

I recently bought a very nice Eversharp Equipoise, but the nib has been badly damaged and I'd like to replace it. Can anyone ID the nib and maybe advise where I could get a replacement? Thanks.

Equipoise nib.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rockape

• Mr.Rene

• Azuniga

• Honeybadgers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, it's very badly disfigured. Someone has tried to do some work on the nib and evidently worn most of the tip off on one side.

Equipoise nib 1.jpg

Edited by Rockape

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Wahl Eversharp forum under the Brand Focus section. You will probably get a better answer there

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

There is a Wahl Eversharp forum under the Brand Focus section. You will probably get a better answer there

What do you mean ? :angry: :angry: There are several good anwers and ideas hire.. :thumbup: :D

The brand focus sections tend to be frequented more by the very specific fans/collectors, who may not check every subforum here.

Thus, you're more likely to get an answer. I love me some eversharps, but I couldn't ID that nib based on your picture, since I have nibs with that same design on them in at least four different sizes in my own small collection.

Eversharp used that design a lot, but the nib size varied depending on the model and submodel. There were at least three different sizes of skyline alone, if I recall.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I am not particularly knowledgeable about Eversharp but I guess Equipose should have a Manifold nib if I am not wrong...

At least all my Equipose (three) have a Manifold nib... If I am wrong just ignore these lines...

Yes, you have the banner Nib. It was made within a certain time frame, but most of Eversharp's pens which are similarly sized, used the same size nib. You might even be able to swap out a nib from a "skyline" pen, which should be fairly inexpensive.

Five Star Pens has a direct replacement for about $29 bucks.

It is labelled as...

Eversharp Skyline, 26.5mm x 7mm, Med, firm, $29, Item #WE422

It is 2/3rds down the following web link

http://www.fivestarpens.com/wahl-eversharp-nibs--new.html

I have 3 Equipoise pens in three sizes. And the nibs look like different sizes [the nibs not the tips].

All three have Gold Seals, and all three nibs say "Gold Seal."

This is the kind of thing the Wahlnut would know for sure.

Edited by gary

I know SOME Eversharp nibs have a number at the bottom of the nib.

Does your nib have a number?

(I.E. a nib I owned had a 26 engraved at the bottom. Supposedly that was its length in mm or something along those lines.)

P.S. Your nib seems to be a higher tier nib from the company. You may want to try to get the thing re-tipped, and I know for sure the pen would gain its value if you have it tipped to an Oblique or stub.

Edited by AL01

Would this be the correct replacement?

One of my three Equi-Poised pens has this exact nib in it; the other two have heart-shaped breather holes and different words on the nib, including Gold Seal as noted above. Of course, I'll never know if this nib was original to the pen it is in, or if it was a later replacement.

• 1 month later...

The nib shown is a post equipoise period nib found on late Dorics and later versions in Skyline pens. The correct nib would be with a heart shaped breather hole and marked EVERSHARP in an arch. If the Equipoised pen has a gold seal on the cap the nib would say Gold Seal They are available from parts and restoration people. I maintain a supply. Manifold nibs are merely a flex grading  level. Very firm able to make 4or5 carbon copies. There were about 14 nib flex and shape choices on gold seal Equipoised pens. 

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens