New Pelikan M405 Silver/white

OCArt

Appelboom released a photo of a new Pelikan M405 in silver and white.

120994039_3339444136144316_8010830831919

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oregano

• bbs

• Eccles

• N1003U

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today seems to be release day. The press kit pictures seem to be popping up everywhere.

I think I will wait to see this one in person.

It looks pretty much the same as the M605 White Transparent from a couple of years ago. Slightly different colour stripes on the barrel. I guess people in the design team at Pelikan seldom suffer from burn-out.

It looks pretty much the same as the M605 White Transparent from a couple of years ago. Slightly different colour stripes on the barrel. I guess people in the design team at Pelikan seldom suffer from burn-out.

Yes. I purchased the one that that came a few years ago. I am not to sure about this new one. The high contrast between the colors of the barrel and other parts is a bit off putting imo. Wish Pelikan would have done the full pen in the color of the barrel.

The first "something and white" Pelikan pen I might consider buying. Really nice colours.

That is, I have considered the all white striped one and I gladly would have bought it, if it had looked the least bit like the promotion pictures.

On the other hand there are a lot of reports concerning staining and the white resin being prone to cracking, so... mmmh... maybe not.

I wasn't overly enamored of the White Transparent (someone in my local pen club had one). The only plus for me is that I found it to be lighter weight than I remembered the Pink and White being.

I got one of the Purple and Whites last winter (a deal on the Bay of Evil) and have been very happy with it for the most part (although I've noticed that there seems to be a crack in the cap now :(, under the cap bands. And not quite sure what to do since it's clearly grey market.

I could see myself using this pen (I think it's quite attractive looking), but of course that's dependent on the price.... What I fear is that it will end up being like the Pink and White all over again (I got lucky on the Purple in White -- it ended up being less expensive than the two M405s I have, including the M405 Stresemann -- but fear I will not be able to get such a good deal on this one.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just when I was about ready to give up on a new pen this year, I find that this might make a sale for me. Hey, it's grey! I can always use a good grey pen. Would love to see an M600 or M800 announced before the end of the year. Or is that asking too much of 2020?

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

This is supposed to be in the standard line and not a special edition pen as well. My last two Pelikans have been white. (M400 White Tortoise and M200 Gold Marbled)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I guess this one goes along with the theme of their current LE ink Edelstein Moonstone.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I could see myself using this pen (I think it's quite attractive looking), but of course that's dependent on the price.... What I fear is that it will end up being like the Pink and White all over again (I got lucky on the Purple in White -- it ended up being less expensive than the two M405s I have, including the M405 Stresemann -- but fear I will not be able to get such a good deal on this one.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

As stated above, this pen is coming into the lineup as regular production, and from the European vendors who are taking pre-orders, pricing (with some notable dealer exceptions, who seem to be jacking up the price to take advantage of the have to have it now suckers) seems to be in line with the standard M40x products, i.e., street price of 250-300EUR, including VAT. Edited by N1003U

Ruth, send it to Pelikan in Hanover...gray market or not, they made it.

Chartpack is not the way to go.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I love the silver stripes, but the price seems high for an m4xx so I may wait a bit. Wish they had released this color in the M605 size instead of the White-transparent (which has since grown on me, I must admit).

I love the silver stripes, but the price seems high for an m4xx so I may wait a bit. Wish they had released this color in the M605 size instead of the White-transparent (which has since grown on me, I must admit).

I think the m600 White can still be had for $300, if you look hard enough. I was able to purchase turquoise white and white m600 for about $250 each a few months ago.

I think the m600 White can still be had for $300, if you look hard enough. I was able to purchase turquoise white and white m600 for about $250 each a few months ago.

Yeah, I have it actually, and like it, but I wish they had made the stripes silver.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see it in the M805 size.

Glenn.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 1:25 AM, Intensity said:

I guess this one goes along with the theme of their current LE ink Edelstein Moonstone.

I currently have my M405 Silver broad nib inked with Moonstone and am loving it 🥰

Local B&M pen shop did a special offer on the M405 Silver-white and forced me to take them up on it; they actually worked out slightly cheaper than the best European tax-free price I could find, even though I'm paying 10% tax here, and of course delivery was so much faster.  I do like to support local businesses provided it's not at too great an additional cost.

I've not inked it yet, but Moonstone does sound like a great combination.

Glenn.

Well, I caved in and ordered the m405 silver-white! Like I need another white Pelikan (I do love them! :) 

I made a wish list for 2021 pens and that was on it, so why not get a headstart?! I can't wait to see what the silver stripes look like in person, I imagine they're very elegant. I wonder if Pelikan is taking some hints from our forums.