Noodler's Nib Creeper Fp + Noodler's Bsb

napaxton

I think this is a "service" question, but if this is the wrong forum, I'm sure someone will tell me. ;-)

I have a Noodler's Nib Creeper (among the first couple of production runs of it, I think) flex nib pen, which exclusively uses Bay State Blue.

I am aware of all standard caveats about BSB.

This pen writes SUPER dry. Just blotchy ink flow. Even after cleaning (standard soap to water, as well as some bleach and water, since that's a recommended approach for this ink). I've even take a little bit of light brushing to the ebonite feeder, and a bit of careful specific attention to the center feeder channel.

On occasion, after a cleaning, the flow will be pretty good (not great), but if I don't use the pen for a few days (say 5-30), we go back to bad flow.

Most reviews I have read of the ink indicate it is pretty wet in general, so this is all rather confusing/frustrating to have a dry writer with BSB. Especially with Noodler's own pen.

What can I do? What am I missing? (I'd buy a new pen to test, but the ones that won't show BSB staining [dark blues] are sold out at my preferred retailer.)

TIA!

Edited by napaxton
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• napaxton

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried another ink in the pen? My Noodler's pens were too dry for me and I carved some space in the feeder which made improvements ... but proceed with caution and read up on how others modify a feed.

First, start by testing another ink and telling us how it worked.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Will do. For the time being, I'm using a slightly worse for wear Jintao Shark for BSB.

Should it be a non-Noodle's ink or another Noodler's, d'ya think?