• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• inkstainedruth

• Estycollector

Giving my vintage Parkers some love today, to keep the ink well flowing.

• Parker 51 Special (M) - Lamy Black
  • Parker 21 (F) - Pelikan Edelstein Onyx
  • Parker 41 (F) - Aurora Blue

Just inked up the 41. Previously, I'd run some Lamy Blue in it. Worked fine, but the nib is as close to EF as any of my Parkers in the 51/41/21 family, so I wanted something a little wetter. Initial tests are looking good with the Aurora.

I have 5 Parker 51’s inked, along with a Silver Pearl Vac Standard lockdown filler, and a beautiful green 21, and a 61 Insignia.

My choices today were the 61 and 21, with an interlude from a Teal Blue Demi 51 with a gf cap that I recently rescued from an antique dealer.

Tomorrow will be other 51’s along with the 21 which is quickly becoming one of my faves.

I have 5 Parker 51’s inked, along with a Silver Pearl Vac Standard lockdown filler, and a beautiful green 21, and a 61 Insignia.

My choices today were the 61 and 21, with an interlude from a Teal Blue Demi 51 with a gf cap that I recently rescued from an antique dealer.

Tomorrow will be other 51’s along with the 21 which is quickly becoming one of my faves.

Add a P75 sterling cisele. and you have most of the pens I use regularly.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

My new Juniorette! Learned how to fix a button filler and it works beautifully. Great nib. Fun to use a pen that is nearly 100 years old.

My 51 has not been inked in months. This thread encourages me to change that!

Aurora Blue was a great choice for my 41. It's writing nice and smooth today.

I wonder if a J Herbin ink would be even smoother?

What's in them all?

fpn_1600444224__parker_51_edc_teal_01.jp

Very nice looking pen! Appears to be a great match with the ink, too. I should put some Noodler's Black into one of mine. I have a black 51 Special that might be a nice match. . .

Today the Parker I used was the 1946 Silver Pearl Vacumatic Major.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That looks pretty dark for a teal blue.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

What's in them all?

Diamine Pelham Blue

Colorverse Ham 65

Colorverse Stars and Stripe

Diamine Aurora Borealis

Diamine Macassar

Aurora Blue in the 61

I have several chrome plated clips if you need one that I took off of 51 specials. PM me and I’ll send you one. May have a few jewels also.

MD

Diamine Pelham Blue

Colorverse Ham 65

Colorverse Stars and Stripe

Diamine Aurora Borealis

Diamine Macassar

Aurora Blue in the 61

Pelham is one I have been meaning to check out.

Just received some new-to-me-inks in a trade with Carguy. I already have 6 pens inked (3 of them vintage Parkers), so what's a couple more between friends?

• 51 Special (F), black - Sheaffer Skrip Black
  • 51 Demi (F), burgundy - Noodlers Texas Navy

I try not to make my initial judgment on a new ink in a pen until the next day. But looking good so far. I am hoping the Texas Navy pushes the 51 Special to a more medium line. That's what happened when I had a sample of Bad Blue Heron in this pen, and it was lovely to use.

Just this one! A Parker 51 Aerometric with a stubby B that I've kept inked for a few years in a row now as my desk pen. I do occasionally have it with me as my EDC, either clipped to my notebook or in the side (pistol magazine/folder/flashlight etc.) pocket of my jeans. Should also polish the barrel and section at some point, some hairline scratches there... the cap is one of my favourites with the 51 imprints on opposing sides.

I did a bit of reprofiling on the nib last weekend and it still needs a bit of work to smooth it out (just a tad).

It is a really lovely pen overall, especially now with the newly profiled nib...

5r9j0nzjqno51.jpg

Today it's been the black 61, F (?) nib. Still with J Herbin Violet Pensee. Glad I was able to get a bottle of that when I was in Boston a few weeks ago. Like Eclat de Saphir, an ink that seems to work very well with capillary fillers, and also an equally nice color in its own right.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."