Conway Stewart New Nibs

Rate Topic 0

I’m told that Bespoke British Pens are now selling their pens with a new Conway Stewart nib as opposed to their flag nib. Has anyone any experience with these new nibs? I’m told that their Flag nibs were great to use, but they were boring to look at - in my opinion. So I’m hoping the new Conway Stewart branded nibs are going to be great looking as well as great to use. Has anyone used one of these nibs yet?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ50

• encremental

• hari317

• david6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's good news.

Nice as the Flag nib might be to use, for me it turned the pen into a very expensive Frankenpen, and I could never seriously consider one. Exciting colourful resins are more easily available now, and cruel though it might sound, Bespoke British Pens need to do more than trade on a heap of old spare parts to get my attention.

Having the correct nib makes them that much more interesting.

John

Edited by encremental

I recently purchased a Conway Stewart Churchill from Bespoke British Pens and opted for one of the new Conway Stewart nibs. Its an option and you need to request the nib. Mine is an all gold version of the one shown above and in my opinion it looks great. As for how it writes............it is a delight to write with, it is smooth and writes first time every time with no startup issues.

This is so much better! I prefer this new version with the breather hole, and tone-tone is nice too! Thank you for posting.

The attached image shows one of the new nibs. I think they look far better than the Flag nibs. Has anyone used one yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m very close to pushing the button on a Winston now that the (boring) flag nib is gone, but I am hoping for more reviews of the newer "Conway Stewart" logo nibs, especially the fine. I take it these are more of a Western fine point, like a Montblanc in width.

• 4 weeks later...
warblerick

I like the older new nibs, without the breather hole. 

CM191208-122348001.jpg