Dromgoole's Dallas Pen Show 2020

DromgoolesHouston

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to make a quick announcement for a show coming up. The official Dallas Pen Show 2020 was cancelled, but we have decided the show must go on!

The show will not be quite like the normal show due to Covid. We are taking many precautions in relation to this. The show will be in the same location as normal at the Doubletree by Hilton near the galleria in Dallas. It is in the same two ballrooms. Due to Covid the number of tables are greatly reduced, and meet all CDC guidelines and social distancing procedures. Hand sanitizer will be placed all around the show in addition to face coverings being required. We will have face shields available at no charge at the door. There will also be restrictions in place as far as number of people allowed in the show, so a line could form.

We want to make this show as fun as possible, but we are doing everything we can to make it a safe show for all vendors and attendees.

I hope everybody is as excited for the show as we are, and we hope to see you there!

The event is Friday September 25th from 12pm-7pm, and Saturday September 26th from 10am-5pm!

Flyer attached with all of our exciting vendors that will be in attendance!

Hotel Address 4099 Valley View Ln, Dallas, TX 75244

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuzzy_Bear

• PAKMAN

• whichwatch

• DromgoolesHouston

Thank you! Though my time was short, it was good seeing everyone again! Even people from last years show and Pelikan Hub!

Thank you to Larry and his staff!

Peace and Understanding

I hope someone who attended might post some comments about the show and perhaps a few pictures if they took any.

I'd love to hear how it went, how well attended, whether the vibe was anything like pen shows in more normal times, etc.

Edited by whichwatch

No pictures. There were never pictures of me or PAKMAN not I for years. So we started posting a selfie. Back to none this year.

Same vibes, less people. Most of my time was spent talking to those I've seen from previous shows or previous Hubs.

Peace and Understanding

Hate that I wasn't there to get a selfie with you and to enjoy the pens and people. Maybe next year the show (and world) will be back to somewhat normal!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

What a sight that would be! Out bank lobby's have just recently reopened, but I haven't been back in yet.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I never in my life thought I would walk into a bank wearing a mask and ask for money.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to attend the show for only a few hours on Friday afternoon. The spacing of vendor tables and the number of guests were very sensible for these times. It was great to see old friends. Larry and Mike Dromgoole are terrific hosts. I had not met David Oscarson, so Larry took me to his table and introduced me. Another local pen friend was there, and each of us managed to lose touch with reality long enough to buy one of David's beautiful creations. I got the Koi in red.

Once we were done with those purchases, we repaired to the hotel bar, where Ryan (our favorite bartender) welcomed us warmly. Ryan remembers us every year. It was rush hour, no time to be getting out on the freeway, so we made do by sampling several of the single malt scotches that Ryan has on hand.

The experience was not as busy or varied as the "real" Dallas Pen Show, but in a year like this, it was most appreciated. For me, it's the people as much as the pens, and I loved seeing these folks. Thanks to Dromgoole's for doing this.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Sampling several single malt scotches before getting out on the freeway. Sounds like a plan! :o

Seriously Jay, I hope the show was great. How about pictures of your new Oscarson?

• 9 months later...