• christof

• carola

• Beechwood

• Switala

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, christof said:

50842386407_72259b19a6_k.jpg

We laugh, but it has endured, and after 50 years, it has been around almost as long as the L2K, and has been in production longer than the Parker 51.

7 hours ago, Carrau said:

We laugh, but it has endured, and after 50 years, it has been around almost as long as the L2K, and has been in production longer than the Parker 51.

+1

...and I find it quite aesthetic too! (not a joke)

C.

I am pretty sure I wasn´t the only one who didn´t laugh because of the pen, but because christof really did it. 😁

2 hours ago, carola said:

I am pretty sure I wasn´t the only one who didn´t laugh because of the pen, but because christof really did it. 😁

Of course, I did too, but on reflection, I realized it’s had a remarkable run too.  

Going slightly off topic but is there a pen with a longer production run than the Bic where the basic engineering has been unchanged from inception to finish? I am thinking it could be the 146/149?

Would the Pelikan 400 count? It was out of production for a few decades, but it came back in the 80s and has remained mostly unchanged.

28 minutes ago, carola said:

Would the Pelikan 400 count? It was out of production for a few decades, but it came back in the 80s and has remained mostly unchanged.

Maybe, Penrealm say that the 149 began production in 1929, earlier than I had thought.

eta I suggest that if anyone wants to consider this topic further that me make a break from this  Photo thread and start afresh with a new thread in General.

No problem, a little discussion is always welcome.

The 149 is a post war pen and came in the 1950's to the market. In the early 1960's it was redesigned completely and the material changed from celluloid to plastic. But in fact, the product Meisterstück 149 was sold since the 50's to the present without any break. This is remarkable.

14 minutes ago, christof said:

here comes a little sun to a cold and cloudy day:

50844360981_cd022f5314_3k.jpg

50844443382_986eef51ad_k.jpg

So much beauty!

41 minutes ago, christof said:

here comes a little sun to a cold and cloudy day:

50844360981_cd022f5314_3k.jpg

50844443382_986eef51ad_k.jpg

Looks very sunny indeed.

On 1/17/2021 at 3:08 PM, Beechwood said:

Going slightly off topic but is there a pen with a longer production run than the Bic where the basic engineering has been unchanged from inception to finish? I am thinking it could be the 146/149?

On 1/17/2021 at 3:51 PM, Beechwood said:

Maybe, Penrealm say that the 149 began production in 1929, earlier than I had thought.

eta I suggest that if anyone wants to consider this topic further that me make a break from this  Photo thread and start afresh with a new thread in General.

Did anyone start a new thread anywhere? I too would find this an interesting discussion.

Today's Japanese big manufacturers were all early into the FP market as well. I would be surprised if there isn't at least one model out of Japan that has been in production for many decades with the same construction.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, christof said:

No problem, a little discussion is always welcome.

The 149 is a post war pen and came in the 1950's to the market. In the early 1960's it was redesigned completely and the material changed from celluloid to plastic. But in fact, the product Meisterstück 149 was sold since the 50's to the present without any break. This is remarkable.

It is remarkable, and is one of, if not the most identifiable icon in all of fountain pen-dom.

7 minutes ago, N1003U said:

Did anyone start a new thread anywhere? I too would find this an interesting discussion.

Today's Japanese big manufacturers were all early into the FP market as well. I would be surprised if there isn't at least one model out of Japan that has been in production for many decades with the same construction.

It is remarkable, and is one of, if not the most identifiable icon in all of fountain pen-dom.

You are welcome to start the discussion, perhaps in either Pen History or First Stop.

If you post the question then I would suggest you apply a definition, for example the Parker Duofold has 100 year history but in name only, perhaps the same filling system or overall design.

36 minutes ago, Beechwood said:

Você está convidado a iniciar a discussão, talvez em Pen History ou First Stop.

Se você postar a pergunta, sugiro que aplique uma definição, por exemplo, a Parker Duofold tem 100 anos de história, mas apenas no nome, talvez o mesmo sistema de enchimento ou design geral.

Without a doubt it will be a very interesting exercise.

We will try to arrive at a common denominator.

Regards.

46 minutes ago, Beechwood said:

You are welcome to start the discussion, perhaps in either Pen History or First Stop.

If you post the question then I would suggest you apply a definition, for example the Parker Duofold has 100 year history but in name only, perhaps the same filling system or overall design.

8 minutes ago, Switala said:

Without a doubt it will be a very interesting exercise.

We will try to arrive at a common denominator.

Regards.

OK, I put up a thread in Pen History. Let's see where it goes... :)

This Parker 51 Vac mechanical pencil, with its sterling silver cap, suffered an intense and unusual discoloration.

I was unable to determine what caused this discoloration as it reached my hands like this.

But I didn't feel like changing the barrel, I kept it as it arrived and it works very well ... I send it to everyone as a curiosity and to appreciate the effects of time or carelessness!

WP_20210120_18_11_50_Rich (2).jpg