A New Month And A Couple Of New Pens

Mech-for-i

well window shopping always can turn up something interesting ( and something boring ) , was doing that over the weekend, seen a few new Hero Gift market models coming out , yeah another few all metal C/C no.5 nib in just yet some iteration of basic form .. and then some other discoveries ...

yet another of those designer / independent brand , a single fountain pen model is offered as the Pencester V8 , with 4 different satin matt finish , with rose gold, or chrome trim and Stealth black also for the black finish variant

O1CN01t069Te1Tmh4A4F0p8_!!2207928372425.

O1CN01CQbohS1Tmh4ADSrre_!!2207928372425.

Moonman M1000 announced and stated to be shipped Sep 5th , it was well a 60g+ ( 40g+ cap off ) pen so I figure I would pass this ; no.6 Bock nib and shall I say generic cigar shape but yet still remind me of a certain big name model somewhat .. the chrome trim and seashell mother of pearl cap top finale jewel is kind of interesting ; am not so sure about those RIVET details though. Moonman state its 14mm on the barrel , 11mm on the section and 17mm on the cap, 148mm capped, no measurement tell of its uncapped or posted length

O1CN01ExIz2k1xBzoge96SJ_!!81296406.jpg

O1CN01Gdp1881xBzokQRfFx_!!81296406.jpg

O1CN01PYfQwQ1xBzol2T9hH_!!81296406.jpg

LIY ( liveinyou ) had a new pen model, though I fail to find much difference against some of their older model , the single differentiating factor seems to be now its spotting an in house branded nib and a lower price for that ... its called the Journey series with 5 different finishes , with gold or chrome trim

O1CN015EOGJq1Dpry2uQlT2_!!2200593440266.

O1CN01lHveHR1Dpry7WtKUD_!!2200593440266.

O1CN01iEXUEy1Dpry2R44sN_!!2200593440266.

Oh and BTW, Moonman state they had a new pattern for F9

O1CN01LPT3zT1xBzoaS1i4P_!!81296406.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mech-for-i

• WarrenB

• Corp.

• bugsydog55

Some very interesting pens to consider. Not too sure about the increase in the weight of some of these like that MoonMan 1000. The weight and metal section would not be comfortable for me. And it seems that there is an increase in metal on many of these pens. Is this just something for the overseas market? I find the new LIY pens more appealing and if the price point is lower, I may need to see about one. I've thought they have some fascinating acrylics but I find the cost somewhat prohibitive.

well, just place an order for the new LIY , should come in in a couple of weeks ... let see how it come around

The Moonman M1000 remembers a little bit the Montblanc l'Aubrac/Laguiole.... and the other one the Montblanc Heritage Rouge et Noir Metamorphosis Spider...

I have a pen from Live in You and it is really nice. I believe Picasso bought the company and has been keeping marketing low key. The nib I have is a gold Schmidt and it writes well. It is the only pen made from colored plastics, as most of my collection is lower end pens. It feels nice in hand. I would buy again.

The Pencester offers to design your signature for free if you buy the pen (written in chinese in the product image). Now that is an interesting free gift.

• 2 weeks later...

Some very interesting pens to consider. Not too sure about the increase in the weight of some of these like that MoonMan 1000. The weight and metal section would not be comfortable for me. And it seems that there is an increase in metal on many of these pens. Is this just something for the overseas market? I find the new LIY pens more appealing and if the price point is lower, I may need to see about one. I've thought they have some fascinating acrylics but I find the cost somewhat prohibitive.

I have a pen from Live in You and it is really nice. I believe Picasso bought the company and has been keeping marketing low key. The nib I have is a gold Schmidt and it writes well. It is the only pen made from colored plastics, as most of my collection is lower end pens. It feels nice in hand. I would buy again.

LIY arrive and my first impression - HERE - I think I am going to order another one of these , pending no real issue with the writing part

Edited by Mech-for-i

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda baffling for me that Moonman decided to make a Montblanc copy, but still not the Montblanc that people who use Chinese copycat pens wait for someone to copy.

I mean, if you succesfully copy other models, including Duofold, MB 149 is kinda asking for it. Considering Jinhao 159 is somewhat of a hit for what it is, I'm pretty sure a better quality non-metal version would be a success.

Instead they come up with this 60 gram monster of a pen, which is a MB copy anyway.

And about the pen itself, I'm sure it's appealing to some people, but the shiny metal section and the weight itself will be major turn offs for many, myself included.

Edited by WJM

The cap of the F9 leaves me cold, a tacky thing like those diamond-encrusted dragons you get; but I like the spider on the nib and that web design on the new barrel is doing something funny to me.

Metal section, might be a dealbreaker.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

The cap of the F9 leaves me cold, a tacky thing like those diamond-encrusted dragons you get; but I like the spider on the nib and that web design on the new barrel is doing something funny to me.

Metal section, might be a dealbreaker.

Moonman F9 is also quite heavy

Moonman F9 is also quite heavy

Maybe I'll get one and just peek at it now and again for the dopamine hit. Wouldn't be the first time.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg