Deccan Author Red Ebonite Eyedropper

Savit

the acrylic ones. Those were the only versions available when I bought my examples. Of course things seem to have changed or evolved quite a bit in the meanwhile. Do all authors come with this clip shown by SBP now?

The photos of acrylic Authors that I was shown had a different clip. The pics of Ebonite Authors as well as Advocates that I was shown had clips similar to the one I have.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savit

• hari317

• biswa124

• Dimy

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look like a nice pen. And ebonite has such a nice warmth to it.

What's the size (length, girth) and weight? I have to use smaller size pens because I have girly hands, and too big and heavy isn't comfortable. Weight-wise, the limit is 28 grams capped or posted (which is the weight of the TWSBI 580-AL and 580-ALR, and is now my benchmark for weight limit on pens).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thank you, Ruth... The dimensions are as follows:

Length (capped) = 14.7 cm

Length (uncapped) = 12.6 cm

Length (posted) = 17.2 cm

Cap alone = 6.2 cm

Girth of cap (top, closed portion) = 1.2 cm

Girth of cap (bottom, open portion) = 1.5 cm

Girth of End of barrel = 1.1 cm.

Sorry, no weight; since I do not have a weighing equipment...

The photos of acrylic Authors that I was shown had a different clip. The pics of Ebonite Authors as well as Advocates that I was shown had clips similar to the one I have.

really curious. Pls do post or email me the pics. Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Were you referring to ebonite authors or all authors? The acrylics still cost quite a bit (Rs. 6,000 IIRC), but they charge a very reasonable price for the ebonites.

I have one of these red ebonites, very nicely finished. The size seems to have gotten a bit larger as well.

The cost for Acrylic Author was quoted to be Rs. 4750.

It also comes in colorful designs. I am linking the picture that was sent to me.

(pic sent by Deccan pens)

fpn_1599846255__whatsapp_image_2020-07-1

I hope I am not violating any rules or causing harm to anybody (especially the manufacturer) by openly mentioning prices. I guess it is understood that prices and products may change any time.

I also do not have any affiliation to promote Deccan pens.

But I must say I am very happy to deal with them - their customer service is excellent over phone and whatsapp. I will certainly be visiting their store when I visit Hyderabad. And also I am reasonably certain that I will buy more pens from them :)

By the way, they have matt-finish red Advocates as well.

Thanks for sharing. Whats their WhatsApp no?

It might be a nice idea to add the number in contacts of manufacturers post, would help many that way.

Deccan pen stores also has Deccan Masterpiece in Acrylic. They now use Kanwrite nibs instead of Ambitious ones.

Personally I liked the ebonite model better.

Regards,

Biswa

They are different. The white one was completely white. There were other colors also (e.g. brown, black etc)

I will try to get some pictures when I go there this weekend.

Regards,

Biswa

They are different. The white one was completely white. There were other colors also (e.g. brown, black etc)

I will try to get some pictures when I go there this weekend.

Regards,

Biswa

that will really be superb!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Please find the pictures of new Deccan Masterpiece, Advocate and Author pens below.

cmGVhZs.jpg

PXanAV7.jpg

GqJN1j4.jpg

YynaH60.jpg

iZCiPz2.jpg

LYxjR7p.jpg

PCGfwyJ.jpg

WjMecSX.jpg

JMX94K9.jpg

WZ6nv1n.jpg

Regards,

Biswa

Edited by biswa124

Please find the pictures of new Deccan Masterpiece, Advocate and Author pens below.

Regards,

Biswa

Which model is the one with Orange colour? Is it acrylic?