Family Photos Of Your Flock - Please Add Yours!

mana

Hello! Here are my Rappen and IBIS collections.

I am sorry for poor picture quality.

FkHVZPO.jpg

AS you know, "Rappen"and "IBIS" were brands of Günther Wagner as well as "Pelikan".

From left to right

Rappen (bulb filler)

Rappen (piston filler)

IBIS

IBIS with CN nib

There were much more versions in Rappen and IBIS than I thought.

https://www.pelikan-collectibles.com/en/Pelikan/Models/Historic-Pens/Rappen/index.html

https://www.pelikan-collectibles.com/en/Pelikan/Models/Historic-Pens/IBIS/index.html

Very nice thank you. Let's please see your 100 - 400s too!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stoen

• tacitus

• carola

• N1003U

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Below is set of steel-nibbed school pens, marked only "Pelikan W. Germany". Would love to know if they had a name or model number....

ch1AlgL.jpg

I believe those are P20 Twists, late 80s to early 90s.

https://www.pelikan-collectibles.com/en/Pelikan/Models/Cartridge-filler/Youngsters/index.html

Edited by brokenclay

P10 and P20, I´d say.

P10 the monochrome caps and barrels with only clip and back in one contrasting colour

P20 with patterned caps and barrels

Edited by carola

Wow, Michael, thank you for sharing!! I passed on the Berlin twice, and now the prices are ridiculously high. Will add pics of my collection soon...

Wow, Michael, thank you for sharing!! I passed on the Berlin twice, and now the prices are ridiculously high. Will add pics of my collection soon...

Oh I'm in the same boat! I missed a lot of special editions before deciding to collect Pelikans. Thankfully I managed to snag an M600 Pink because the SH prices are just yikes!

Anyway, there are quite a lot of amazing collections here (I'll even admit I'm a bit envious! but I'll catch up one day :P )

I actually have a hit/wishlist where I keep track of the pens I would like to get one day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_ELjIqqFpBQjNT6wIrrTfUgHnLXWf1Cr8Q6Sp0wAgk/edit?usp=sharing

and here are my pens so far:

M800M600

Oh I'm in the same boat! I missed a lot of special editions before deciding to collect Pelikans. Thankfully I managed to snag an M600 Pink because the SH prices are just yikes!

Anyway, there are quite a lot of amazing collections here (I'll even admit I'm a bit envious! but I'll catch up one day :P )

I actually have a hit/wishlist where I keep track of the pens I would like to get one day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_ELjIqqFpBQjNT6wIrrTfUgHnLXWf1Cr8Q6Sp0wAgk/edit?usp=sharing

What a wonderful collection of colors! Which models are the two pens: top row, 2nd and 4th from left? Blue and silver go so well together, drop dead gorgeous :wub:

What a wonderful collection of colors! Which models are the two pens: top row, 2nd and 4th from left? Blue and silver go so well together, drop dead gorgeous :wub:

Thanks! I really do love them! I think Pelikan designs are really cool (but that's why we're here :P ). @Barutti is correct about the two models :D

The Ocean Swirl is one of my absolute favourites, too, and I was very lucky to find one for a lot less money than I had imagined. The Blue Dunes is a beautiful pen, but somehow I never felt the urge to buy one. The Metal Stripe on the other hand, I just had to get that one, there was no way around that!

What really surprised me, was the all white striped M605. I LOVED the promotion pictures and couldn´t wait to get hold of one - until I saw it in person. Somehow it was nothing like the pictures. It was just... nope. And the candy couloured pens with white caps... nope.

But the top picture... ooooh yes!

What really surprised me, was the all white striped M605. I LOVED the promotion pictures and couldn´t wait to get hold of one - until I saw it in person.

I like how it looks BUT I have decided to never use that pen (unless I get a second one). When I initially got it I inked it with Star Ruby. It turns out that Star Ruby not only got between the o-rings on the piston but also stained it pink and no amount of soaking would get it out of that soft rubber.

This is how it looked like:

k3ZkbTs.jpg

I sent it to Pelikan for repair and haven't used the pen since. The pen is pretty but useless if inking it ruins the looks.

Below is set of steel-nibbed school pens, marked only "Pelikan W. Germany". Would love to know if they had a name or model number....

ch1AlgL.jpg

I do really like them. I have a few of them, used them at school and in the university, in the nineties. They were cheaper as the P450 but had the same nib. There was also a calligraphy model with a 1.5 nib.

Lovely, colorful collection and stunningly crisp photos, MateB! I wish I could use the M800, so many beautiful designs.

Here are some pics of my collection! I have an incoming grey vintage 100N that is not pictured.

DS9Ylcc.jpg?1

m600s

oXkp01K.jpg

m101N/m400/m200

92mcWKF.jpg?1

more m600s

@oregano. Your collection is impressive and colourful too. Especially I liked the left corner with tortoises😀 This finish is beautifull and real mark in Pelikan range.

Giedrius

@oregano. Your collection is impressive and colourful too. Especially I liked the left corner with tortoises😀 This finish is beautifull and real mark in Pelikan range.

Giedrius

+1.

...and might I add: anyone with such affection for the M6xx chassis must be a wonderful and interesting person!...😀😛

Here are some pics of my collection! I have an incoming grey vintage 100N that is not pictured.

Very nice collection!

Edited by doublechocolate

+1.

...and might I add: anyone with such affection for the M6xx chassis must be a wonderful and interesting person!...😀😛

+2.

a modern M6xx is my daily carrier, great fun swapping tips from a wide variety of vintage nibs.

Thank you, Giedrius, that is one of my favorites! And you are the one whose 100n I am awaiting! (nice to see you on here) :)

Thank you, N1003U and doublechocolate--I can see I'm in excellent company ;)

Edited by oregano

• 4 months later...

Hello

While the FPN was down, I fixed several pelikan 100s. I wanted to show some of them reusing this thread.

As we know 100 barrels, made of celluloid, get brittle with time, especially internal thread part. Of course, replacement plastic barrel is (was?) available, I chose to save the original celluloid parts as possible as I can.

I restored broken internal thread (fig.1) by using TAMIYA epoxy putty (Quick Type). as when fresh, epoxy putty is soft enough to mold with fingers.

With the knob unit (fig.2) inserted into the barrel (fig.3), epoxy putty applied on the 

barrel and external thread of the knob unit, and compressed it carefully to form internal thread. Before that, knob unit was greased to prevent it from sticking together.

After epoxy putty turned solid enough, carefully removed the knob unit (fig.4).

Finally, carefully shaved down unnecessary epoxy putty with the craft knife (fig.5) to shape the internal thread part of the barrel.

You can see internal thread made of epoxy putty (fig.6, 7). When solid, epoxy putty is firm enough to engage with the knob unit (fig.8, 9).

Major crack can be mended without ink leakage(fig.7 left).

Epoxy putty may come off the barrel while shaping (fig.6, 7).  Then, it can be glued with Loctite® Epoxy adhesive. 

2021-02-19_224049.jpg

Caution about the procedure.

I finished after much trial and error and almost ruined one barrel. 

The process needs experience, time, carefulness, and patience. 

If available, I would recommend replacement barrel.

For your interest.

Edited by tacitus
I added the comment.

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".