Family Photos Of Your Flock - Please Add Yours!

mana

Hi, I know that we have a thread here for posting our latest additions to our flocks but I think we could also use a thread where fine folks here could show off their collection by posting family photos of their flocks in their entirety and in their most recent state. I will start with mine dated today... the posted ones are my EDC and desk pens.

fpn_1597943354__current_flock_-_2020-08-

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stoen

• tacitus

• carola

• N1003U

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I know that we have a thread here for posting our latest additions to our flocks but I think we could also use a thread where fine folks here could show off their collection by posting family photos of their flocks in their entirety and in their most recent state. I will start with mine dated today... the posted ones are my EDC and desk pens.

fpn_1597943354__current_flock_-_2020-08-

Screensaver picture, mana!

These birds have a perfect home with you.

My small and simple flock needs some photo session prep before I add the pic.

Edt: @herjaegger - this is lovely minimalistic elegance :)

Edited by MsRedpen

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Great idea, Mana!

And what a fantastic flock you have!! :wub:

Here are most of mine - several of the pens in the 200/400 size & almost all 600 are actually my wife's. There are several (100's, 101Ns, 1000's, etc) that didn't make the pics (also missing are the pencils, RBs and BPs).

The 200/400 size:

fpn_1588880751__img_7912.jpg

The 600's:

fpn_1597981226__img_7914.jpg

The 800's:

fpn_1597981272__img_7911.jpg

Hello Mana

Great Idea! I already follow two threads (one on FPGeeks and one on german penexchange) with exactly this topic since a couple of years. That's why I have a couple of smaller family pictures on stock :)

(What I don't have is a picture of the entire family, but this would be to large...)

6874471920_9f12aec3be_k.jpg

6938621647_50674c54c5_k.jpg

6795284908_d78a0bf55b_k.jpg

38768943794_2a40b51ee2_k.jpg

46892170894_56b77a9c44_k.jpg

16631962723_f2e787e7cc_k.jpg

40323649501_29ce83949f_k.jpg

29754336697_3506db1a3d_k.jpg

47796700582_035e499722_k.jpg

....and pencils of course:

37094053981_f680e14403_k.jpg

C.

Edited by christof

Great idea!

So here are the pictures of my flock. As you can see I'm not much of a photographer (taken with my mobile phone). But they are all there. The first photo are 600's and two M800. The second one are the vintage/old ones and the third photo is of the M150, M200, M400 M700 M910 and the Ductus.

20200821_113230 (002).jpg

20200821_113709 (002).jpg

20200821_114047 (002).jpg

Edited by Hans01

What´s the black Frankenpelikan in the second picture (fourth from the left)? 400NN cap with an old black M400 body? Or is it a black striped vintage 400 body? *squinting at the picture* I can´t decide whether it has stripes or not...

What´s the black Frankenpelikan in the second picture (fourth from the left)? 400NN cap with an old black M400 body? Or is it a black striped vintage 400 body? *squinting at the picture* I can´t decide whether it has stripes or not...

To be honest, I don't have a clue. The pen is completely black (no stripes). The pen was somewhere at the bottom of a drawer. The nib is cracked. The cap says Pelikan 400 Germany. So it could very well be a Frankenpen. So it goes down again in the drawer.

20200821_123917 (002).jpg

The cap is clearly a 400NN from the 1950s/1960s.

The body looks like an old style M400 from the 1980s/1990s.

And the nib looks like it would fit the time of the body.

The Christmas tree lines don´t reach the central slit separating the tines, right?

Edited by carola

I really love Christofs pictures...

Apart from them being really good quality, they just go "Well... here we have the greens. And there the black striped ones. Different colours of the same pen? Here we go. Capped/uncappced? Of course. What have we got concerning tortoise marbled? Let´s see... Very common pens right beside those you hardly have a chance seeing in real life? Certainly. Pencils to match the pens? No problem."

It´s great! :wub:

I´m trying to add my image, but i´m getting the following message: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

What I´m doing wrong? Same message for PNG or JPG files.

Edited by CeruleanToAzure

Are you doing this with "Upload"option on the topof the page? You just needed to reduce your .jpg file size up to 2 MB.

I´m trying to add my image, but i´m getting the following message: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

What I´m doing wrong? Same message for PNG or JPG files.

If the size is not the problem -- could also be you haven´t accumulated enough posts...

And the maximum size is 1.95 MB. Not a single bit more it seems.

Edited by carola

I really love Christofs pictures...

Apart from them being really good quality, they just go "Well... here we have the greens. And there the black striped ones. Different colours of the same pen? Here we go. Capped/uncappced? Of course. What have we got concerning tortoise marbled? Let´s see... Very common pens right beside those you hardly have a chance seeing in real life? Certainly. Pencils to match the pens? No problem."

It´s great! :wub:

Thank you Carola.

Well, that is what makes collecting fun, at least for me. I feel like a curator of mini-exhibitions while composing these photographies.

Edited by christof

I feel like a curator of mini-exhibitions while composing these photographies.

That´s EXACTLY what it looks like. :D

If the size is not the problem -- could also be you haven´t accumulated enough posts...

It might be the case... How many posts I need for that, if you know, please? The file has 164KB.

Are you doing this with "Upload"option on the topof the page? You just needed to reduce your .jpg file size up to 2 MB.

TY, yes, I´m doing that.

To be honest, I don't have a clue. The pen is completely black (no stripes). The pen was somewhere at the bottom of a drawer. The nib is cracked. The cap says Pelikan 400 Germany. So it could very well be a Frankenpen. So it goes down again in the drawer.

Actually, Pelikan offered black 400 and 400NN with green ink windows already in the 1950's and 60's. These pens are quite difficult to find these days...

18115578891_e9643139b1_3k.jpgPelikan 400 Black w. Inkwindow by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

8509867932_5dbe7e822f_3k.jpgPelikan 400 NN Schwarz by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

c.

Edited by christof