• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Linger

• mongrelnomad

• a student

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#15 nib is over? How? Why? That is a Pilot standard size. What is the replacement then?

No. "Hakase is discontinuing its turtleshell model. #15 nib stock is over and few left for #10.".

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Think there was a post by Linger here, probably got deleted in the maintenance with no backup.

RW means rosewood ebonite. I had a choice between rosewood and black ebonite and I went with rosewood.

Yeah, there was, thx Mew. I posted on my own confusion between the #15 nib and the #15 sized TS material. And I asked after the RW material.

Nice combination bytheway: rosewood (ebonite) section and cap, with a tortoise shell / buffalo horn barrel. I am already curious after the pictures of the finished product.

• 1 month later...

When FPN was down, hakase launched another limited edition of 10 pieces, made in Red Sandalwood Urushi. Sold out in 4.5 hours. 

98EDF447-3BD7-4AD9-850C-681EFDB84CAA.jpeg

Screenshot taken before the pen was sold out. I managed to get an order in within the first hour and I was the 8th customer. 

B94AD374-C45E-4F5D-B663-802B629962A3.jpeg

anyone else here who managed to order? Mongrelnomad perhaps? 

22 hours ago, Mew said:

When FPN was down, hakase launched another limited edition of 10 pieces, made in Red Sandalwood Urushi. Sold out in 4.5 hours. 

98EDF447-3BD7-4AD9-850C-681EFDB84CAA.jpeg

Screenshot taken before the pen was sold out. I managed to get an order in within the first hour and I was the 8th customer. 

B94AD374-C45E-4F5D-B663-802B629962A3.jpeg

anyone else here who managed to order? Mongrelnomad perhaps? 

It is indeed a beautiful pen and it sold off so fast.  

I notice that you did not engrave your name on this Bespoke pen.

Just a thought as to why this is so ( I hope I am not bordering on being rude as it is not my intention) as I have ordered mine with name engraved.  I am still awaiting my arrival of pen in May and am wondering if Hakase owners generally dont favour a personal touch of ownership on something so special.  

Just wondering, how many of us would opt for our names/initials engraved?

1 hour ago, cll said:

It is indeed a beautiful pen and it sold off so fast.  

I notice that you did not engrave your name on this Bespoke pen.

Just a thought as to why this is so ( I hope I am not bordering on being rude as it is not my intention) as I have ordered mine with name engraved.  I am still awaiting my arrival of pen in May and am wondering if Hakase owners generally dont favour a personal touch of ownership on something so special.  

Just wondering, how many of us would opt for our names/initials engraved?

Hi,

Did you also order this pen? Which number is yours? 

Regarding the engraving, I have seen engraved hakase’s for sale, and the value was almost half of what a brand new one costs. 

I did not order any of my hakase’s with the intention to sell them anytime soon. Maybe when I am old and with no one to pass them on to who would use them, I will let them go. Life is unpredictable and I may be forced to sell them before that too. To avoid loosing money when and if such a thing happens, I opt to not have them engraved. 
Also, the designs are mostly clean, so I would also like to let them remain that way. 

Master Ryo did email me the listing when it went in the announcement page.

When I replied him 4 hours later, he told me there was only one remaining.   I managed to book it then and probably I was the last order.

I am still undecided about the engraving.  Thinking about it.  Considering my family name and want to pass it on to my children later.

Hmm, Yamamoto San didn’t email me for this one. By any chance are you a very regular customer? 

I usually check the website a couple of times a day to check how many more people are added in the list of glutton for punishment (16-19 months is a lot of punishment). So as soon as I saw Sandalwood, I had to get one. Though this sandalwood does not have the aroma that the other one has. 

@mongrelnomad- did you get an order in? 

I like this new tagging feature on the website. Nice addition @wimg

It was probably I was in the middle of the email discussion thread discussing the option for a water buffalo pen and at some point I have decided to wait for new stock.  I was informed of this new option in an email in that thread.  It was basically a copy and paste announcement and click send.  :)

I was thinking about the red sandalwood but ended up skipping on it.

I got an email about it also; it was on the same mail as my (regular) sandalwood order.

1 minute ago, 25_15_3 said:

I was thinking about the red sandalwood but ended up skipping on it.

I got an email about it also; it was on the same mail as my (regular) sandalwood order.

They sold the regular sandalwood back in 2009. 
did they relaunch it? 

Dammit. I didn't get the email about the sandalwood either. Not regular enough customers, you and I I guess Mew ;)

Regarding the snakewood - I decided against it. I had an Omas 360 in the material some years ago, but I never bonded with it. I'm past the acquisition stage of my pen journey; something will have to be very special for me to pounce. That said, the sandalwood could very well have been that special. 

Too many pens; too little writing.

Hi @mongrelnomad,

welcome back. :) 

to be fair to Mr. Yamamoto, he did email me regarding the new buffalo horn blanks. And he even told me regarding reintroduction of Ivory, and I declined them all. 

Even I am a little upset about snakewood now. If I had the option, I would have picked up sandalwood over snakewood. 

In any case, i’m sorry that you couldn’t order. When I ordered my pen and was told that I was the 8th customer, I was hoping that you had gotten an order in, since you have been looking for sandalwood.

I actually called up a few of my friends to tell them about the new model so that they could order it. Would have definitely sent you a message had there been a way to do so. 

22 minutes ago, Mew said:

Hi @mongrelnomad,

welcome back. :) 

to be fair to Mr. Yamamoto, he did email me regarding the new buffalo horn blanks. And he even told me regarding reintroduction of Ivory, and I declined them all. 

Even I am a little upset about snakewood now. If I had the option, I would have picked up sandalwood over snakewood. 

In any case, i’m sorry that you couldn’t order. When I ordered my pen and was told that I was the 8th customer, I was hoping that you had gotten an order in, since you have been looking for sandalwood.

I actually called up a few of my friends to tell them about the new model so that they could order it. Would have definitely sent you a message had there been a way to do so. 

Thank you Mew. Happy to be back!

I appreciate the thought. Enjoy your new pens, and I hope to see them once they arrive. 

Quick unrelated question: how do you tag someone?

Too many pens; too little writing.

Sure, Mr. Yamamoto was gracious enough to schedule delivery of both my snakewood and sandalwood together in February 2022. Otherwise sandalwood would have been delivered in June 2022. 

if I recall correctly, you are in UK. Very difficult to check email right in the morning to order the pen. My best guess is that the Taiwanese customers ordered most of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hakase has released white striped buffalo horn and ivory. Though price on the ivory is eye watering and looks a bit meh.