Aurora Dante Alighieri Or Two Internazionale, Green & Black

Sketch and Doodle

I'm contemplating between the two choices, Dante Alighieri or two Internationale Green & Black. Yes, Dante is cost more than two Internazionales.

I own Dante Inferno and love and will keep it and thinking of getting more Auroras.

Apparently, Aurora re-packaged the Alighieri from their warehouse and put them in a current Black case, not the original green case and sell to a few resellers. It seems like I could get it for the price of used pen without the box price at *bay, all from the Aurora pen company. It seem like a good deal but still cost more than two Nazionales.

I like the simplicity of Nazionale's 1930 look and Duofold copy and yet it has nice engravings. The green colour seems mossy green not like the bright green that some reseller shows in their web. Too much Photoshop effects. I haven't seen the colour myself but is it mossy or bright green?

Ah, they are all nice, but I can only afford either one.

Thank you!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sketch and Doodle

• MoriartyR

• fpupulin

• MightyEighth

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the simplicity of Nazionale's 1930 look and Duofold copy and yet it has nice engravings. The green colour seems mossy green not like the bright green that some reseller shows in their web. Too much Photoshop effects. I haven't seen the colour myself but is it mossy or bright green?

Thank you!

It is more of a darker mossy green and not bright. The photos in the second page of this thread show it pretty well: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353323-review-of-aurora-internazionale/

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

Thank you!

Does the green pen look good?

I kind of don't want the re-packaged Alighieri as they are not the original series as a collector's point of view. I don't know.

As good as the Internazionale looks, it is a re-make of a historical model by Aurora, not even "inspired to" but "traced on" the vintage Internazionale.

The Dante Alighieri is the true thing, which perhaps will inspire in the future a pen which reminds the original. Price is steep, but the pen is the original.

My two cents...

Agreed! Thank you, fpupulin!

I guess, Dante Alighieri is the real thing, the pen is, not the packaging.

Oh, I want the Purgatorio as well?

I think I want to get rid of lots of pens that are not being used. ^^

I have the Dante Purgatorio and all three colours of the Internazionale. My personal preference is for the Internazionale, but I will try and describe why because your preferences might be the opposite of mine. They are both extremely nice pens, so there is no wrong choice, but they feel very different.

I think I have a slightly different opinion about which pen is more unique in the Aurora line. Isn’t the Dante really a variant of the Talentum model which many of Aurora’s special editions are based on (though the changes are significant - it is not the same) like the Mare and Oceano pens and most of the anniversary editions? The Internazionale is certainly a recreation of the 1930s Duplex Internazionale model, so it is not original in that sense, but it is a completely different design from any other current Aurora pen.

In terms of the experience I have from these pens, the Purgatorio is a lacquered metal pen so it is heavier, harder and less warm in the hand, but very solid and premium feeling. It has gravitas. The nib on mine is very smooth indeed, but it feels stiff and slightly characterless. If you have ever tried a Namiki Yukari Royale (similar price to the Dante) then the Dante feels very similar. Overall I would say it is a high-end pen, designed to impress, to write very smoothly, and to look and feel expensive. Both the Aurora Dante and the Namiki Yukari Royale feel like a substantial upgrade over a Montblanc Meisterstück, but seem intended to convey a similar sort of boardroom gravitas. That is the sort of pen I think the Dante is intended to be - a Meisterstück with more weight, higher quality materials, and some design flair to add distinction and differentiate it from the ocean of more common executive pens.

In contrast the Internazionale is a warm, soft-feeling cellulose acetate pen. Lighter in weight, easier to handle. The nib (and my three are all the same) is also smoother than is normal for Auroras but still offers a touch of pleasant feedback and feels a little softer than the Dante (but not soft or flexible by any means) - all of this makes it feel more precise and expressive to me when I write with it. It is perhaps a more artfully designed pen, more suited to someone who appreciates design and its historic resonance, and the pleasure of writing. The clip and floral embellishments add some visual appeal and are very beautiful and well-executed, without the pen being over-embellished - and this is part of what makes the pen somehow special.

I do find the Internazionale more pleasurable to write with than the Dante, I also prefer the feeling of the Internazionale’s cellulose acetate material, as well as its lightness. And I feel that the Internazionale is more inspiring to pick up. Not as likely to impress others as the Dante (though the clip and band are striking), but nicer to write with.

Both of the pens perform superbly. They never dry out, never skip or hard-start, they have excellent ink flow. They are flawless and I can just pick them up and write without ever thinking that the flow of ink to the page will be anything other than perfect, even if I haven’t picked one up for weeks.

Whatever you choose, I truly hope you love it and it performs as perfectly as mine do.

Edited by MoriartyR

Thank you so much, MoriartyR!

I truly appreciated your deep insight of the pens. I have Inferno and just dip tested a couple of days. I love that pen and just afraid of using it fully yet. I should.^^

How's the Green Intenazioanale? I don't have a blue one yet but the shop only has the Green and Black one and they offer much better price than well known online shops.

So, still thinking about it. Enjoying the anticipation.

Wish I see them in hands. I had Reflessi and found was too zBling Bling and too short as I don't post pens.

Thank you!

How's the Green Intenazioanale? I don't have a blue one yet but the shop only has the Green and Black one and they offer much better price than well known online shops.

So, still thinking about it. Enjoying the anticipation.

The link that MightyEighth posted earlier in this thread is actually to my review of the Internazionale. You will also see a photo of all three of my Internazionales on the second page, as I received my green one recently.

There is also a photo in my review showing the Internazionale next to an Optima and an 88. The Riflessi that you found to be too short is an Optima, so you will see how much longer the Internazionale is.

Please have a read of my review and let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353323-review-of-aurora-internazionale/

Edited by MoriartyR