Blackstone Inks - Just Write

amberleadavis

https://www.justwrite.com.au/ JustWrite the maker of Blackstone ink has been offline for months now. Blackstone inks are still available at other stores but if you love them (like I do), you may want to acquire your bottles now. This could be a temporary thing, but with cross ocean shipping delays during Covid, we may not see more supplies for a while.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strombomboli

• A Smug Dill

• TheDutchGuy

• NumberSix

Thankfully I’ve got two bottles of Sydney Harbour Blue left. I love that ink. Hopefully the company will go back to normal soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I fear it's too late. I can't find Blue Gum anywhere, let alone Barrier Reef Blue. I wonder if the company is still in business.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

Hmmm. I thought LarryPOST in Australia would likely carry Blackstone inks, but apparently it doesn't.

(I had to call the folks there just now, because LarryPOST's web site is down and they didn't know about it. Given we're wondering whether certain Australian manufacturers and retailers in this hobby have quietly gone out of business without putting up a post on their web sites, or even Facebook or Instagram, I suggested they attend to the little IT problem promptly, lest they give the wrong impression about LarryPOST's status.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I fear it's too late. I can't find Blue Gum anywhere, let alone Barrier Reef Blue.

Fountainfeder.de must have just received (or found?) a shipment of Blackstone inks, because when I looked a week ago Barrier Reef Blue was not in stock but just now it is. Blue Gum, too.

No affiliation, other than having been a customer of Stefanie's. Her customer service was good, although I'm not entirely (or at all!) happy that she adds the 19% MwSt (i.e. VAT) to the total on an order even when directly exporting to customers outside Europe. If you can't find an ink you want from some other channel, then that's just something you need to decide whether you want to accept, especially if it doesn't look like Blackstone is still trading and/or producing ink.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Fountainfeder.de must have just received (or found?) a shipment of Blackstone inks,

Thank you so much! fountainfeder.de actually is the website from where I get my Blackstone supply.

I checked quite often recently, but not these last days. Now all stock is replenished! I'll write her right away to ask her if the large bottles of Barrier Reef Blue and Blue Gum I asked her to order for me have arrived with the small ones.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

Now all stock is replenished!

Unfortunately, that's not true. Two bottles of Barrier Reef Blue and one of Blue Gum just reappeared from somewhere after stock-taking. You were right, she didn't receive, but found them.

I wrote Stefanie yesterday about the large bottles and she answered that Blackstone doesn't answer anymore and that it seems they won't deliver anything in the near future.

The only solution would be to drop in on their office/workshop. Does anybody live near by? Okay, quite improbable and asking too much anyway.

Iris

The only solution would be to drop in on their office/workshop. Does anybody live near by? Okay, quite improbable and asking too much anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, Kevin who owns the Blackstone brand is based in the state of Victoria, and Victoria is under Level 4 'lockdown' restrictions at the moment — the strictest compared to the rest of the Australian states — so going for a casual/recon visit is not permitted.

I seriously doubt Blackstone is actually still trading, anyway. My preferred supplier has also said Blackstone isn't responding at all; and, not that I know Kevin or have been in contact with him personally before, but I sent him a polite private message on the FPN platform back in June asking if Blackstone is still operating or trading, and I never got a reply. That's fine, and I didn't take exception per se, when I don't even know if he's still, well, active; but I'm just going to spend my money elsewhere on something else.

I seriously doubt Blackstone is actually still trading, anyway.

So do I.

My preferred supplier has also said Blackstone isn't responding at all;

That's what mine tells, too.

Ach, what a pity! I love these two blues, and I also love the bouncing bottles in which they come, i.e., came.

Iris

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, silverlifter said:

The site is back online.

Thanks for letting us know!

ACtC-3d3PQHtchjQfjRdAb439wEEFEXhCfNtQ3Tp

That seems a bit rich.