Broken Twsbi 580Al

moksaa
Rate Topic 1

Hello,

Any recommendations on how to fix this pen? Or somewhere I can send it to be fixed? Preferably in Europe or the UK, but I'll consider anywhere.

Thank you!

IMG_0386.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moksaa

• PAKMAN

• Jamerelbe

• AlexLeGrande

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would contact TWSBI.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

Hello,

Any recommendations on how to fix this pen? Or somewhere I can send it to be fixed? Preferably in Europe or the UK, but I'll consider anywhere.

Thank you!

If you know how to remove the piston from the back, and can find something slim enough to fit through the aperture at the top of the barrel (once you've screwed out the nib unit), you *should* be able to reattach the parts of the piston, and they *should* stay firmly together as long as you grease the rubber part so it glides smoothly. [My guess is that the piston head has gotten stuck because of too much friction with the barrel wall - silicone grease will fix that!]

That said, it's probably worth waiting for TWSBI to see what they have to say - since you've mailed them already.

AlexLeGrande

I've done this repair several times from the unscrewed nib and collar using an unbent paper clip after removing the piston from the blind cap end. A bit of silicon grease which is included in the TWSBI packaging on the reseated plunger does the trick.