hari317

Sharing some pics of a recent purchase. Its from a new brand from Hyderabad called Woodex.

This is a steel jacket cap ebonite ED filled pen. The cap is also lined with ebonite. The stock nib was a Baoer fitted over a 5.1mm ebonite feed. I thought a M200 nib unit might be a nice upgrade. So I decided to call this pen my Woodex 200. As you can see from the pics, the pen is built very well and looks lovely ( at least to me :) )

Enjoy the pics.

fpn_1596890854__172c7dc9-b29a-4c3b-afef-

fpn_1596890914__2a19967c-3f9c-4f15-9eb4-

fpn_1596891015__cc884875-cf82-4b6d-b84c-

fpn_1596891092__1ebd23ce-4f9a-459b-adb0-

fpn_1596891165__bc787ac6-d806-4e12-865e-

fpn_1596891353__6a183c21-0315-4fc3-a50e-

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• sniyogy

• Aelfattrum

• Savit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you SBP.

Deccan has offered several( steel cap. Golden cap etc) But not the others of the current lot.

There was apparently a group buy for this a few weeks back. A contact bought on my behalf and sent it. Prices seem to be in the same ballpark of other plain ebonite ED only pens. HTH.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sharing some pics of a recent purchase. Its from a new brand from Hyderabad called Woodex.

This is a steel jacket cap ebonite ED filled pen. The cap is also lined with ebonite. The stock nib was a Baoer fitted over a 5.1mm ebonite feed. I thought a M200 nib unit might be a nice upgrade. So I decided to call this pen my Woodex 200. As you can see from the pics, the pen is built very well and looks lovely ( at least to me :) )

Enjoy the pics.

fpn_1596890854__172c7dc9-b29a-4c3b-afef-

fpn_1596890914__2a19967c-3f9c-4f15-9eb4-

fpn_1596891015__cc884875-cf82-4b6d-b84c-

fpn_1596891092__1ebd23ce-4f9a-459b-adb0-

fpn_1596891165__bc787ac6-d806-4e12-865e-

fpn_1596891353__6a183c21-0315-4fc3-a50e-

Best

Hari

Hello Sir,

The pen looks beautiful especially with the nib upgrade. I have often noticed how you upgrade the nib and make a pen even more attractive. Would love to know how you accommodate nib units in ED pens like these. I apologise if it's a repeated query.

There is a Pelikan homage by the same maker. Have you seen those?

Thanks.

Hello Sir,

The pen looks beautiful especially with the nib upgrade. I have often noticed how you upgrade the nib and make a pen even more attractive. Would love to know how you accommodate nib units in ED pens like these. I apologise if it's a repeated query.

There is a Pelikan homage by the same maker. Have you seen those?

Thanks.

Hi Niyogi ji

I cut threads inside the section, machine the profile required for the nib unit etc. It's mostly since I love good nibs paired with our Indian ebonites and secondly I hope the pen makers get inspired to offer such upgrades themselves. If I can do it, they certainly can.

I have not seen their pelikan tribute. Can you pls post a pic on this thread. It will be v helpful.

Thanks

Hari

Hi Niyogi ji

I cut threads inside the section, machine the profile required for the nib unit etc. It's mostly since I love good nibs paired with our Indian ebonites and secondly I hope the pen makers get inspired to offer such upgrades themselves. If I can do it, they certainly can.

I have not seen their pelikan tribute. Can you pls post a pic on this thread. It will be v helpful.

Thanks

Hari

Thank you for the explanation Sir. I assume you use an appropriate tap and die set? I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of inspiring our indigenous pen makers to offer such upgrades.

Below are three of the model I mentioned. The first one I modified a bit by replacing the section that is more streamlined hour glass profile and a clip which looks more like a Pelikan clip. The other two are as they were to begin with. I got these three in early 2019, I think, though they are still offered by the same maker.

Hope this helps.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 17.49.23.jpeg

Thank you for the explanation Sir. I assume you use an appropriate tap and die set? I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of inspiring our indigenous pen makers to offer such upgrades.

Below are three of the model I mentioned. The first one I modified a bit by replacing the section that is more streamlined hour glass profile and a clip which looks more like a Pelikan clip. The other two are as they were to begin with. I got these three in early 2019, I think, though they are still offered by the same maker.

Hope this helps.

yes I sometimes use a tap to cut the internal threads, boring bars to cut the contours.

Thank you for the pics.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/69471-deccan-pens-tribute-to-pelikan/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/251301-the-deccan-yematso-a-new-model-from-deccan-pens-hyderabad/

What is the best way to regularly buy these Woodex pens ?

Best

Hari

yes I sometimes use a tap to cut the internal threads, boring bars to cut the contours.

Thank you for the pics.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/69471-deccan-pens-tribute-to-pelikan/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/251301-the-deccan-yematso-a-new-model-from-deccan-pens-hyderabad/

What is the best way to regularly buy these Woodex pens ?

Best

Hari

Thanks for the previous posts sir. I have the other Deccan model called the Pelkan as well. The owner can be contacted over whatsapp or phone via his son-in-law. I do not know the etiquette in this forum regarding contact details sharing. For now I will use the email address in your footer and send you the information. Hope that is OK.

Thanks.

Soubhik

Thanks for the previous posts sir. I have the other Deccan model called the Pelkan as well. The owner can be contacted over whatsapp or phone via his son-in-law. I do not know the etiquette in this forum regarding contact details sharing. For now I will use the email address in your footer and send you the information. Hope that is OK.

Thanks.

Soubhik

That will really be super helpful. Thank you sir.

sniyogi, those are very nice-looking pens, and I think the hourglass shaped section is indeed an improvement... I especially like the patterned ebonite bodies. Enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

sniyogi, those are very nice-looking pens, and I think the hourglass shaped section is indeed an improvement... I especially like the patterned ebonite bodies. Enjoy!

The one thing that is a mark against a Pelikan M200 for me is that it has a section that is too thin. I estimate that i'd have to buy a Souveran 800 for the 'right' diameter section for my hands. Which is already provided in most Ranga pens.

I wonder if Mr Pandurangan at Ranga would bore a section to fit a Pelikan unit nib?

What better excuse do I need to buy another Ranga pen?

The one thing that is a mark against a Pelikan M200 for me is that it has a section that is too thin. I estimate that i'd have to buy a Souveran 800 for the 'right' diameter section for my hands. Which is already provided in most Ranga pens.

I wonder if Mr Pandurangan at Ranga would bore a section to fit a Pelikan unit nib?

What better excuse do I need to buy another Ranga pen?

To my knowledge Ranga does offer that service, you need to send them the nib for them to thread the pen correctly

ask Mr. Kandan

(actually I'm interested in the reply too... :))

In my experience the M200 nib is however somewhat small for the regular Ranga models, an M800 would be a more proportionate size...

• 8 months later...

PFA a pic of their business card. There is a number provided. Most folks are on WhatsApp if that helps. Good luck!

416CE806-A984-4203-A451-63046F9E2B8E.jpeg