How Come No Talks About Moonman F9?

clear1

This is quite interesting.

Have the news about this brand-new(?) model of Moonman F9 not reached other countries?

I'm afraid the direct link or photo may violate some rules. Here is the link.

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=moonman+f9&type=p&tmhkh5=&spm=a21wu.241046-kr.a2227oh.d100&from=sea_1_searchbutton&catId=100

I haven't seen one directly myself. What do you think? My gosh... They are going way too far.

O1CN01HvxFnP1xBzoIYv1rH_!!81296406.jpg

O1CN01TqWR2g1xBzoIEjuCp_!!81296406.jpg

O1CN01xedfdz1xBzoFziRLM_!!81296406.jpg

Edited by clear1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clear1

• A Smug Dill

• Mech-for-i

• Cyclohexene

No-one is talking about it because the link is dead :P

It doesn't work? Works for me. Strange. Let me check it out.

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=moonman+f9&type=p&tmhkh5=&spm=a21wu.241046-kr.a2227oh.d100&from=sea_1_searchbutton&catId=100

(Edit: Ah, I see the reason. You need to have an account on Taobao to see that. I'll find another way to share this.)

Edited by clear1

I know about it but just as the M600 ,M800 , I feel like this is too much a Plagiarize in there and really have no interest to get it more advertised.

I would be more interested in the equally new S5 instead

Let's start playing the knock-off/homage bingo:

1 2 3 4 5

6 7 8 9 10

11 12 FS 13 14

15 16 17 18 19

20 21 22 23 24

1: it's a knock-off

2: it's an homage

3: it's fine because they don't use the MB logo

4: the factory making these probably also make the fake MBs

5: it's making the design more accessible

6: people who can afford real MB won't buy it

7: it cheapens real MB

8: it affects real MB sales

9: there are no copyright laws in China

10: they are not infringing any copyright laws

11: the design is old enough for the protection to expire and it's now public domain

12: I would never give my money to fake sellers

13: I would never spend that much money on a real MB

14: *inflammatory remarks about labour law*

15: "Show me what patent they are infringing. You can't, can you!?"

16: I'm not a lawyer, but...

17: but people like it when they copy the P51

18: the P51 is no longer in production, but the MB is still being produced

19: normal people can't afford the real thing

20: people should save up for the real thing if they really want it

21: every pen copies the first FP in history

22: it makes the market more competitive and benefits consumers

23: it kills innovation and originality

24: *off topic comments that derail the thread*

This is quite interesting.

Have the news about this brand-new(?) model of Moonman F9 not reached other countries?

I can't – and don't want to — speak for other Aussies, but I've personally never heard of the model. However, I haven't been paying much attention to Moonman at all the past year, usually not until someone makes a fuss about this model or another in online discussion.

I haven't seen one directly myself. What do you think? My gosh... They are going way too far.

It looks to me like a kids' toy with questionable ergonomics as a writing instrument. I wouldn't use a pen that looked like that if someone gave me one, free of charge, to play with and/or review, and not in a million years would I buy a pen like that irrespective of price. OK, maybe

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I know about it but just as the M600 ,M800 , I feel like this is too much a Plagiarize in there and really have no interest to get it more advertised.

I would be more interested in the equally new S5 instead

To me, it was quite interesting that Moonman is stepping forward to more exact copy. There were many previous copy/homage pens, but this one is more bold. I wonder what the next move of Montblanc lawsuit team will be.

It looks to me like a kids' toy with questionable ergonomics as a writing instrument. I wouldn't use a pen that looked like that if someone gave me one, free of charge, to play with and/or review, and not in a million years would I buy a pen like that irrespective of price. OK, maybe

Are we talking about the original one or Moonman here?

Are we talking about the original one or Moonman here?

I was referring to both. Don't they both look like that ? Aren't we talking about how closely they resemble each other?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I was referring to both. Don't they both look like that ? Aren't we talking about how closely they resemble each other?

So I wondered. Wow, that was about the harshest critic on Rouge et Noir I've ever heard!

What's wrong with the ergonomics? It looks just like a normal pen to me with a fancy clip. Is it the metal section? Or that the clip makes it top heavy when posted?

What's wrong with the ergonomics? It looks just like a normal pen to me with a fancy clip. Is it the metal section? Or that the clip makes it top heavy when posted?

A couple of YouTube reviews that I've seen panned it for being so slim as to be uncomfortable (unless you prefer skinny pens of course!). Not to mention the weightiness of the cap, making it unwieldy (and too back-weighted) to cap.

What's wrong with the ergonomics?

H33980985032246e2bfdb842b0dfaa233x.jpg

Source: AliExpress

I don't like pens with largely cylindrical barrels, especially those with an exaggerated length-to-girth ratio, which makes the pen (sans cap) look elongated, irrespective of whether the pen is skinny or oversized.

I don't like overly slender pens. (There are one or two exceptions to the above, Lamy cp1 in black titanium oxide finish being one of them; that's my "super-pencil" which dispenses ink. I have the platinum-finished version as well, but I'm not a fan of it. My wife's Sheaffer Targa Slimline 1019s and HongDian Black Forest pens are barely usable to me, even though I find them beautiful and would have liked to enjoy using them more.)

I don't like smooth, glossy lacquer on metal barrels. It's not a matter of the heft of the pen, but that the weight presses something cold, hard and slick against the part of my hand on which the barrel rests, and I don't like that sensation.

I don't like glossy metal gripping sections. (The annotation in the photo above states that the gripping section is chrome-plated brass.)

I don't like threads on the nib end of gripping section.

Whether the "forged" metal clip on the resin pen cap would through it off balance is a whole another story. I don't usually post the cap on my pen when I write, but depending on the weight of the clip, it may make the balance of the cap itself feel weird in the hand.

The blind cap on this pen is also made of resin. I have no idea whether that will help or hinder the balance of the pen when the cap is posted.

p.s. Some of the commentary embedded in the images (but not particularly the one shown above) on the product listing is funny.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I had to agree the ergonomics on these ( both original and Moonman's ) are kind of off beat , I've handle both the original and do not find them comfortable, basically its the section part , it force me to grip it else it will slip , and the thread is not very nice to the finger either . Personally I had no issue with slender pen, thin pen, or longish slender pen , they can be made to be comfortable to hold and write too, hell I had no issue with a standard hexagonal pencil , why would I had problem with most fountain pen ( which definitely are thicker ).

The other thing regarding the Moonman is the captured converter mechanism, Moonman say its all factory fitted and cannot be made user serviceable ; well .. that to me is not that great a feature at all

What really and usually breaks the ergonomics usually is a combination of factors , and not just a single one , those are pretty pen I had to admit, but if do not condone writing comfortably then its failing on is primary function

The other thing regarding the Moonman is the captured converter mechanism, Moonman say its all factory fitted and cannot be made user serviceable ; well .. that to me is not that great a feature at all

Moonman says so? I'm not good at Chinese language, so didn't know that.

But I saw these photos on the Taobao review. I wonder if the disassembly is hard or not.

O1CN01OB5RC01Tfp8AqBzdB_!!0-rate.jpg

O1CN012TIakV1Tfp8EwFl5K_!!0-rate.jpg

O1CN01C3UcvG1Tfp8EnGk8z_!!0-rate.jpg

Edited by clear1

Moonman says so? I'm not good at Chinese language, so didn't know that.

H4b869f7dfd464bfcaa8d5650e29f35aeN.jpg

Source: AliExpress

"请勿拆卸!" means, "Do not disassemble!"