Probably Not The Deal Of The Year, But Close!

gammada

So my pen dealer out of the blue messages me yesterday to tell me that she's got a NOS Parker 25 for me. We go back and forth with pictures and pricing and she also discloses the existence of a Parker 45 Convertible GT with a 14K gold nib that is also for sale. Resistance is futile and so I cave in!

Today I picked up these two beauties: an old NOS Parker 25 Stainless Steel with black trim with original box, original Spanish sticker price hanging from the clip, and a clear tag identifying this pen as a 25 with a fine nib. Turns out the pen was made in England between 1975 and 1979 as there is no code in the cap. It is a flat top with no dimple. Lovely pen!

And then, I get the Parker 45 which came with a black barrel, a 14K fine nib and an original metal squeeze converter.

All these for just $53!!

I already have a bunch of 45 pens, but none made in the US (only England and Mexico), and none with a gold nib or gold trim. I promptly switched the barrel to a Flighter one I had from a pen that came with a faulty section, since I already have an Arrow and a Convertible pen with a black barrel.

What do you all think?

C74FB95F-FB35-487B-AF83-F8E222D5E96D.JPG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gammada

• Boltonator

• PAKMAN

• Gerd W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet find! Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thanks everyone!

Truly amazing that you can still find NOS pens this old out in the market. Enjoying both pens throughly!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice catch, I heared rumors of a new version/remake of the Parker 25 by Parker later this or next year

Really? So Parker is trying to get back to its roots? Would love to see it.

OP done good! I paid about that much for my first P45 Flighter, and it sure didn't come with a free P25. :lticaptd:

The metal end on your Parker 45 barrel is held on by plastic, it must be pressed in at the factory. Just take care not to drop it or handle it too roughly on the end or breakage may happen. I have a beautiful Parker 45 in steel with gold trim that is missing that end piece in gold because of my careless actions.

"Mate, you cant spell indispensable without the word PEN."

The metal end on your Parker 45 barrel is held on by plastic, it must be pressed in at the factory. Just take care not to drop it or handle it too roughly on the end or breakage may happen. I have a beautiful Parker 45 in steel with gold trim that is missing that end piece in gold because of my careless actions.

"Mate, you cant spell indispensable without the word PEN."

Guess your comment is a couple months too late! :rolleyes: Already happened to me! Not with this pen, but with TWO other Flighter 45s. I opened my pen case holder and, stupidly enough, I rotated it while playing the clown to my little daughter, and just when I was about to completely unzip the case, both came out flying and landed at the hard flow below. One got its end completely torn, the other broke half way. :crybaby:

Thanks for the advice anyway!

OP done good! I paid about that much for my first P45 Flighter, and it sure didn't come with a free P25. :lticaptd:

:lol: Sometimes you get lucky!