What Sheaffers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

I’m very pleased to have this new Sheaffer I don’t have many self filler nibs, so to get a number 3 self filler is very nice. I cleaned and sacked this one the only drawback to this one is the lack of soft flex with the nib, not a lifetime stiff but not a calligraphy pen though. I think the clip is 14k although only a tiny bit of marking for it is visible.

0250402A-28AA-4D02-A3A9-304A2E6F375A.jpeg

CCF5C0A5-BECA-4B15-8811-7CC1F997D232.jpeg

42A30C00-0B59-4195-86B2-426E805F3609.jpeg

Regards, Glen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• Teterman2005

• Estycollector

JonSzanto
18 minutes ago, GlenV said:

I’m very pleased to have this new Sheaffer I don’t have many self filler nibs...

That is a lovely pen, no matter the relative flexibility of the nib! Congratulations.

I"m very pleased to have recently received the following set: early Sheaffer OS Balance in black/pearl, with two pencils and... a pen knife! The latter does not appear to be a Sheaffer product but an exact match on the celluloid of the time. From a one-owner family, passed down. I'll take good care of them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Those are very nice, maybe the penknife was made from the same celluloid. It’s that much more special to have some background information on them...

Regards, Glen

JonSzanto
1 hour ago, GlenV said:

Those are very nice, maybe the penknife was made from the same celluloid. It’s that much more special to have some background information on them...

In side-by-side comparisons there is no doubt it is the same material. Not surprising, since there were only a handful of manufacturers making it that the various other makers bought from. There is ID inside the sliding part of the knife, a now-defunct tool mfg company in Chicago. 

The set was bought by grandparents, handed down, and now the grandchildren are helping parents to downsize. It seemed a nice way to keep them well thought of.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin