Efnir: Akkerman #09 Laan Van Nieuw Oost-Indigo

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Akkerman #09 Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indigo

This is review #29 in my series. Here's the YouTube video:

After-video comments: Color in the zoom is somewhat close. Couldn't get the screen capture to cooperate. :) Has partial water resistance. Dry time

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.Akkerman09LaanvanNieuwOostIndigo.jpg.07323d22bc4aad281eb8220c8316e307.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.Akkerman09LaanvanNieuwOostIndigoS.jpg.d62a1bd52b01894c0b4777d863ef0a45.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.Akkerman09LaanvanNieuwOostIndigoZ.jpg.f468eb2733ce2a23fb8d84617e213c63.jpg

Absorbent Paper Closeup (puzzle paper like thick newsprint):
large.Akkerman09LaanvanNieuwOostIndigoAP.jpg.8603f277a06a4473f0434f309c7b72a3.jpg

Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: Lamy Blue Black.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• inkstainedruth

• Tas

• Tincansailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know that it does okay in an EF nib. This is one of the first Akkermann inks I ever bought, back when there was an FPN group buy a few years ago.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Good to know that it does okay in an EF nib. This is one of the first Akkermann inks I ever bought, back when there was an FPN group buy a few years ago.

Yep, does a good job of lubricating the EF - just comes out a paler color (in my dry-ish EF, at least).

Sounds almost like an electronic typewriter on auto.

Love it.

Thank you.

:lol:

Another lovely BB! And it comes in a wonderful bottle too! Can't have too many BB's right :D!

Another lovely BB! And it comes in a wonderful bottle too! Can't have too many BB's right :D!

Well, in order to avoid contradicting myself.... If you don't have this ink, you don't have enough BBs. :D

And if you don't have an Akkerman bottle, you need one! ;)

Oh, no argument there about either statement (if you had told me a decade ago I'd have so many blue-black inks I'd have said you were nuts :rolleyes:).

And of course the Akkerman bottles are just awesome -- I remember several years ago someone was looking to get some empty Akkerman bottles and I'm afraid I just laughed at the person and said "Yeah, good luck with that...."

Hmmm. Wonder how this ink would do in the cheapie Sheaffer Fineline I picked up in a big antiques mall a year or two back.

Oh, this is becoming an interesting thread, making me pull out inks I haven't used for a while.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hmmm. Wonder how this ink would do in the cheapie Sheaffer Fineline I picked up in a big antiques mall a year or two back.

Oh, this is becoming an interesting thread, making me pull out inks I haven't used for a while.

I don't know anything about the Sheaffer Fineline, but it was in my Pilot VP for years and did just fine, and that's not a pen you can just tear apart to deep clean. I gave that pen a rest for several fills of my Penmanship, but filled it back up during my previous fill (Robert Oster Honey Bee) - needed something a bit darker!

Erm, not to spill the beans, but those inks bribed me. :P

Great job LIz. This seems to me the type of ink I enjoy from afar :) ..... It's great when a pen and ink can get a happily ever after...... Mine are still teenagers and have not yet learned to settle down ;)

Great job LIz. This seems to me the type of ink I enjoy from afar :) ..... It's great when a pen and ink can get a happily ever after...... Mine are still teenagers and have not yet learned to settle down ;)

Thanks! Teenagers... :lticaptd:

:lol:

+1 on that. That's a pretty funny description of pen/ink combos.

• 1 year later...

Here's the line width measurement. The line is one of those used for dry time.  Magnification is 100x.  The grid is 100x100µm.  The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each.  The line width for this ink is roughly 260µm.

large.Akkerman09LaanvanNieuwOostIndigoLW.jpg.3ae5c6233eb10fcf7488c2ebff99c79b.jpg