Collecting Parker 100

mrsharkbait

On 3/11/2021 at 6:58 AM, corniche said:

I've considered a 100, but I just can't get comfortable with it as they have gotten a lot of negative feedback for cracking plastic

I understood the 100s to be all metal construction, can you clarify about the "cracking plastic"? 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheRedBeard

• IThinkIHaveAProblem

• thx1138

• Dione

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/11/2021 at 1:00 PM, TheRedBeard said:

Hi Sean,

Yes, on another thread two days ago I mentioned crazy prices for P100 in NOS condition, and again it is only available in the US... nothing left in the UK :(

When you search on ebay.co.uk try selecting items from European Union and UK. There are some.

7 minutes ago, Dione said:

When you search on ebay.co.uk try selecting items from European Union and UK. There are some.

Thank you, Dione :)

Yes, I have found that too.

And I have bought two more NOS P100 recently.

However, it seems Honey White is a real rarity now... 

All the best is only beginning now...

57 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

Thank you, Dione :)

Yes, I have found that too.

And I have bought two more NOS P100 recently.

However, it seems Honey White is a real rarity now... 

Mine is like a winter white with a brushed gold plated cap is that honey white?

33 minutes ago, Dione said:

Mine is like a winter white with a brushed gold plated cap is that honey white?

Yes, yours is Honey White :)

27 minutes ago, Dione said:

Thank you. Must admit I'm a bit concerned about ensuring it doesn't stain when I fill it

Unfortunately, yes, there were some reports on stains after long use... 

Parker 100 is a great pen. 

Here are a few of mine.

(With some old cheapies on the other end of the tray I didn't have time to move).

20210428_090813.jpg

9 hours ago, thx1138 said:

Parker 100 is a great pen. 

Here are a few of mine.

(With some old cheapies on the other end of the tray I didn't have time to move).

20210428_090813.jpg

Great collection of P100 :)

I see you have got BPs and RBs, too?

Recently I have had a chance to buy a couple of BPs and RBs P100 but decided not to do that and focus on FPs only... 

I just bought what I came across over the years.

A lot of my pens are still packed up so I do have some more 100's, notably a honey pen and pencil set and a couple more BP and RB. I think I have 3 or 4 FP and 

1 hour ago, thx1138 said:

I just bought what I came across over the years.

A lot of my pens are still packed up so I do have some more 100's, notably a honey pen and pencil set and a couple more BP and RB. I think I have 3 or 4 FP and 

Lucky man :)

I am still hunting for NOS Honey White FP... 

I don't have honey FP. One is on my wish list also. The FP i like the most is the blue and gold one. Fantastic colour combination. 

10 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

I don't have honey FP. One is on my wish list also. The FP i like the most is the blue and gold one. Fantastic colour combination. 

Yes, Honey White is very rare thing nowadays... Last January I stupidly missed it due to my delays in talks with a private seller... 

My favourite colour combination is Cobalt Black GT though when I bought Opal Silver I was really impressed, too.

• 1 month later...

Earlier today a used Parker 100 Smoke Bronze FP has been sold for £231 (circa $320) on eBay UK :) 

Just a few months ago I paid £181 for Cobalt Black GT FP to the US seller, and £125 and £139 for two other P100 FPs bought from private collectors.

But all the pens I bought are uninked/NOS ones.

I guess prices for P100 Smoke Bronze and Honey White will inevitably go even higher quite soon…

17 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

Earlier today a used Parker 100 Smoke Bronze FP has been sold for £231 (circa $320) on eBay UK :) 

Just a few months ago I paid £181 for Cobalt Black GT FP to the US seller, and £125 and £139 for two other P100 FPs bought from private collectors.

But all the pens I bought are uninked/NOS ones.

I guess prices for P100 Smoke Bronze and Honey White will inevitably go even higher quite soon…

I'm not surprised given the rarity P100s pop up on FleaBay, along with the NG51 being a bit of a damp squib that people might be focusing on Parker's previous 51 style offering. The 100 is arguably better value than the deluxe NG51 anyway given the solid construction and not skimping on the materials when manufacturing it.

Which colours are the most uncommon on the P100 range anyway? I never see Sky blue, bronze or honey white when viewing listings.

4 hours ago, Mr Gutsy said:

Which colours are the most uncommon on the P100 range anyway? I never see Sky blue, bronze or honey white when viewing listings.

Diamond Blue and Honey White FPs are obviously the most rare colours/finishes. 

I have not seen Diamond Blue on sale either on eBay or from dealers or private sellers/collectors for a long while. 

Almost a half-a-year ago I missed NOS Honey White offered by one US  seller... and I have never seen it on sale after that. 

There are still slim chances to find Smoke Bronze or Cobalt Black GT/ST ones NOS...

P100s Opal Silver (NOS) are still available from a few eBay sellers in the US and Germany with asking prices of £210-£240...

All the above is correct only for P100 fountain pens while one can still find BPs or RBs in Blue Diamond or Honey White available on eBay or from some pen dealers. 

I have some humble hopes to find P100 NOS FPs at coming LPS at the end of July...

wow... 

so, when I was buying my P100, the colour I wanted the LEAST was the blue...

guess which colour came up at a price I couldn't say no to?

:P 

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

13 minutes ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

wow... 

so, when I was buying my P100, the colour I wanted the LEAST was the blue...

guess which colour came up at a price I couldn't say no to?

:P 

P100 Diamond Blue is the least attractive for me either ;) 

So, perhaps I will buy it as the last one and only after I manage to buy Honey White and Smoke Bronze...

Nowadays I occasionally use my P100 in Cobalt Black GT with M nib.

Just now found P100 Honey White in not good condition  from one UK pen dealer with a £145 (circa $200) price tag.

BTW, I have found that Honey White is the most "sensitive" finish, and the pen looks quite "used" even after rather careful limited use.

Not a problem for users... but it is a headache for collectors...