Cartier Vendome Ink Cartridge Problem

Bytebuster

Hi there to all,

A few weeks ago I bought a Cartier Vendome fountain pen which is unused.I did not know that it was difficult to find cartridges for these pens. I'm still looking for some cartridges. Luckily a friend of mine had three cartridges. The pen was his father and it was lost or stolen, but he would still have some cartridges. Anyhow It was three cartridges. I got them and I try to install one of them, but it doesn't get punched. I tried it many times and push it very good, but the ball does not come lose. If I take the cartridge system in my hand in push the cartridge all the way up, then I see some space at the bottom. I don't know there should be placed something there, or is this normal? Does anyone have any experience with Cartier Vendome fountain pens on this matter?

Cheers to all,

Byte

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bytebuster

• Custom Pen Parts

• praxim

• austollie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bytebuster,

I am not familiar with that particular model of fountain pen, but modern Cartier fountain pens use standard international cartridges and those should be available from any good pen store.

As far as pushing the cartridge into the pen is concerned, I am not a fan of applying excessive force. For older pens (where the plastic may be brittle), it is possible to snap the post off the feed. If I were in your situation, I would try pushing the little ball into the cartridge outside of the pen (or first inserting the cartridge into a cheaper pen). That said, most quality cartridges do not require a lot of force, when first inserted, i.e. it is possible that there is something amiss with the cartridges that you've been given. Again, one trip to the pen store should resolve that.

The other solution that you can consider is purchasing a converter and bottled ink. The converter should slide right in.

This is the reason I held back from buying a Cartier Vendome on which I was near to acting. From what I have read, and I would love it to be found incorrect, there is simply no available cartridge or converter which fits the Vendome other than originals.

X

That is correct, the cartridges are proprietary, oval shaped and the pen never had a convertor when it was sold and it appears that a convertor was never designed or made for it. Since then it appears that no one has either made an adapter to use a different cartridge, or a convertor, but perhaps some day someone will.

In the mean time I wait hoping someone in frustration will sell one at a low price. I want one as a curiosity and because I have some boxes of cartridges, but no pens?

Hi

Always ready for a challenge!

Do you have a drawing or anything which might assist me in your quest for a suitable replacement?

Hi

Always ready for a challenge!

Do you have a drawing or anything which might assist me in your quest for a suitable replacement?

If this was meant for me, then only thing I can send is some photos of the pen and the measurements of the pen, cartridge and the rest.

I think that idea is great, you never know I or somebody else might come across a refill for you and any knowledge of what is needed would surely help.

Look forward to seeing the photos.

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I've made very quickly. If there is more information needed, then let me know.

The total length of the metal chamber is 63MM. Inside the camber where the cartridge is placed 51,50MM. As you can see in the photo that there is a space between the cartridge and the ink chamber which is 4,60MM

Cartridge.png

Edited by Bytebuster

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I've made very quickly. If there is more information needed, then let me know.

The total length of the metal chamber is 63MM. Inside the camber where the cartridge is placed 51,50MM. As you can see in the photo that there is a space between the cartridge and the ink chamber which is 4,60MM

I also purchased a Vendome (used) and have received it. I have cleaned it to ensure I am not complaining about OLD ink residue.

I filled the one proprietary cartridge that came in the pen with KWZ Azure Blue #5. While I can insert it through the cartridge holder into the pen, the ink does not flow consistently through the nib and feed. It writes a few words with very light ink, then it stops flowing, then resumes.

I disassembled as much as I could, cleaned everything again thoroughly and came here to look for answers.

I am also on the hunt for cartridges for this interesting pen.

Thanks,

Liz

Don't let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of yours.

- Unknown -

Well, the space is normal. My Cartier pen takes the same cartridges. You can still get them in Cartier shops "Boutiques". My husband gave me a Cartier set for present and bought the cartridges in a Cartier shop.

34742086fq.jpg

Edited by sanphoemo