Sailor King Of Pen Sakura Nagare Broad Nib

jandrese

Here are pics of my latest pen, the Sailor King of Pen with Sakura Nagare maki-e. Lots of raden and gold dust. My 6 year old daughter really likes it. I really like it. Has a broad nib. Writes okay if I give it some pressure at a lower angle than what is natural for me. Need to work it myself or perhaps seek out a nib meister although usually do my own nib work for the past decade or so. While the writing performance is not ideal for me the pen is still a stunner and after adjustment should make for an excellent pen because the KOP is an excellent pen.

Packaging is premium and everything about the pen is just luxurious. One cool thing is that the raden is raised up and also wet looking. This is all very poetic what with the images of freshly fallen cherry blossoms floating downstream. I've never seen that but I'm sure it's beautiful.

This pen is bit louder than my other KOP pens, ha ha, but feels right at home with my Pelikan M1000 Raden Green Ray.

50075662053_49181a425e_k.jpgIMG_5162 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076480972_3350adcb33_k.jpgIMG_5163 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076480857_0c33bb352d_k.jpgIMG_5164 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075661668_7b6e4ea27d_k.jpgIMG_5165 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076228216_822b698dad_k.jpgIMG_5166 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075661508_f7ced9bb21_k.jpgIMG_5167 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076480397_3e3b34bbed_k.jpgIMG_5168 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075661193_ca790d83cf_k.jpgIMG_5169 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076227651_9472b2c51a_k.jpgIMG_5170 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50076480092_d85d6012cc_k.jpgIMG_5171 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075660838_bea4be8776_k.jpgIMG_5172 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075660658_e30b58d82c_k.jpgIMG_5173 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075660533_dd3a167947_k.jpgIMG_5174 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

50075660478_53617d45c4_k.jpgIMG_5177 by Ja Ja, on Flickr

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jandrese

• gerigo

• Jarod

• peroride

Here are pics of my latest pen, the Sailor King of Pen with Sakura Nagare maki-e. Lots of raden and gold dust. My 6 year old daughter really likes it. I really like it. ..

Stunning collection ! @jandrese Thank you for sharing.

Your 6 year old has good taste! I would feel 6 too, Ooo, sparklies :D

Beautiful KoP! Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it for many years, and then pass it on to your daughter.

Wow. Beautiful. Right now I'm pretty content with my collection, but in Sailor I have a KoP Broad and Cross Peerless with Sailor Fine nib... as COVID was ramping up I had a Sailor Large Medium ordered through an auction site, but never made it to me... I was refunded and the pen was reclaimed.

If there was one pen I still think about is a Sailor with Medium nib... and since it will be my last fountain pen purchase :lticaptd: I've been thinking it likely should be something special. I think I want to go with a Large vs. another KoP for some diversity. But, wow, that KoP you have is something else altogether.

Edited by Tseg

Stingy ink flow and tuned for a low writing angle. The vendor, who shall remain nameless, may have played a role in this.

What is wrong with the nib?

Stingy ink flow and tuned for a low writing angle. The vendor, who shall remain nameless, may have played a role in this.

Have you tried Sailors own ink in their pens? Their darker inks like Doyou is super lubricated and might help to open up the stingy nib?

Have you tried Sailors own ink in their pens? Their darker inks like Doyou is super lubricated and might help to open up the stingy nib?

Yup, first ink was a Sailor. This is 100% a nib setup issue.

What are the other 3 pens in image 5173 please? The dark red to the left of the Nagare is very nice.

It is a spectacular looking pen. It's on my list. Maybe in a year. I'd get it modified to a Fine by Mike Masuyama though. I find the KOP to be gushers, especially in the Broad. I'm with you: I think the seller tweaked it. :( I hope you can un-tweak it!

What are the other 3 pens in image 5173 please? The dark red to the left of the Nagare is very nice.

It is a spectacular looking pen. It's on my list. Maybe in a year. I'd get it modified to a Fine by Mike Masuyama though. I find the KOP to be gushers, especially in the Broad. I'm with you: I think the seller tweaked it. :( I hope you can un-tweak it!

Those other pens in that image are other KOP. The darker one is the crimson urushi. Then the orange urushi then the LE ebonite in blue.

Those other pens in that image are other KOP. The darker one is the crimson urushi. Then the orange urushi then the LE ebonite in blue.

Thank you!