The Paper Plane : Endless Recorder A5 Notebook (Dotted)

namrehsnoom

The Paper Plane – Endless Recorder A5 Notebook (dotted)

fpn_1593255188__the_paper_plane_-_title.

A while ago I reviewed the Endless Recorder A5, which is a great fountain pen friendly notebook with 68 gsm Tomoe River paper. With the somewhat heavier 68 gsm paper the pages are a bit less flimsy, which suits me better for an EDC notebook that gets intensive use at the office. And you keep the advantages of Tomoe River paper: the notebook can handle practically any ink & nib size with close to zero see-through and bleed-through.

fpn_1593254900__endless_recorder_dotted_

Here I give you an update to my previous review, where I examine the dotted version of this notebook. Same paper, but with a dot-grid that makes this notebook more suitable for use as a daily recorder.

fpn_1593254921__endless_recorder_dotted_

The dotted version of the Endless Recorder has some nice features compared to the plain paper version I reviewed before:

• At the beginning of the notebook there are a couple of “Table of Content” pages, that can be used to build the index for your bullet journal,

• All the pages in the notebook are numbered, so you don’t have to do this yourself,

• The pages are printed with a 5mm dot-grid, that is very light and unobtrusive. This grid makes it very easy to do structured notetaking (where you use indentation to structure your notes),

• At the back of the notebook a sleeve is provided, that you can use to stow away some loose scraps of paper. This is a feature that I appreciate … I often use this to store away businesscards, receipts, etc before processing them in the evening,

• At the back of the notebook are 16 perforated sheets, that make it easy to cleanly tear out a sheet when you need a loose piece of paper.

All these features make for an excellent notebook for those of us that use bullet journaling as a tool for bringing structure to our work. The only disadvantage the Endless Recorder has is the lack of a pen loop. In my opinion, this should be a standard feature on A5 type notebooks, that are typically meant to be carried around. Well … that’s easily remedied: the first thing I do when putting this notebook to use is adding a Leuchtturm1917 pen loop. Just stick it to the end of your notebook, and you’re ready to go (and you can even match the colour ;-).

fpn_1593254938__endless_recorder_dotted_

Conclusion

If you like minimalist notebooks, the Endless Recorder is definitely worth looking at. This is basically the Moleskine for fountain pen enthousiasts. The same look&feel, but with divine paper instead of the crappy stuff that Moleskine uses. I use my notebook as a meeting notes recorder, and am perfectly happy with it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antenociticus

• Karmachanic

• namrehsnoom

• arellano81366

• 3 months later...

If they did it in A6, that would probably become my primary notebook. A5 is too big and heavy to carry around. But they're great notebooks.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

i had that notebook and really liked it..  but what i really like is the 68gsm TR paper.  Does anyone know where to get A4 64 gsm TR paper?

1 hour ago, MHBru said:

i had that notebook and really liked it..  but what i really like is the 68gsm TR paper.  Does anyone know where to get A4 64 gsm TR paper?

I've seen it on Amazon.

5 hours ago, Antenociticus said:

If they did it in A6, that would probably become my primary notebook. A5 is too big and heavy to carry around. But they're great notebooks.

Stalogy makes an A6 with similar paper.

Add lightness and simplicate.

31 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

Stalogy makes an A6 with similar paper.

I haven't tried them yet. They don't seem to be hardback, and they don't have a band to keep them closed and stop them from getting bent and roughed up when you lug them around. And I neither need nor want all the date and time stuff that is printed on the pages.

I have tried the Taroko Enigma A6 notebook, which has TR 68 gsm paper, but they likewise are soft cover and have no closure band and start to look pretty roughed up after a while. The signatures also loosen when you've worked with the pages open flat.

Normally I use Leuchtturm A6 books. The paper is OK and the books are sturdy. I just wish there was a similarly formatted book with TR 68 gsm – like an A6 Endless Recorder.

3 hours ago, Antenociticus said:

I haven't tried them yet. They don't seem to be hardback, and they don't have a band to keep them closed and stop them from getting bent and roughed up when you lug them around. And I neither need nor want all the date and time stuff that is printed on the pages.

I have tried the Taroko Enigma A6 notebook, which has TR 68 gsm paper, but they likewise are soft cover and have no closure band and start to look pretty roughed up after a while. The signatures also loosen when you've worked with the pages open flat.

The Stalogy date/time stuff is very feint  and tiny. They fade away if one pays no attention to them.

You can find bands here.

That along with a  good, well fitting leather cover will give you the protection you seek.

Use them with the Enigma. 😁

Add lightness and simplicate.