The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Back Online Again!

Dearest Members and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

NOTE: Your new login user name now is your old Display Name, alternative login option is your email address!

For more details, please check FPN News, here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356406-finally-back-online-again/?tab=comments#comment-4371649

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Lapping Film For Polishing Nib Tips

Rate Topic 0

Our passed member and repair man 'Ol Grizz'; a man well worth listening too, claimed figure 8's cause baby bottom, so I stopped using them....

.....Not that I'd had that happen to me, in I did while rotating the nib at all times; circles left and right, squiggles in both directions and up and down...... and last figure 8's which was but a small part of the procedure. But why push my luck.

But all I was looking for was removing drag, so the old lost in the back of the drawer nib would return to it's normal good and smooth; the level under butter smooth. I buy cheap old pens, so had to deal with 'iridium' rust.....micro-corrosion of drag.

I don't think the old pens when new were ever 'butter smooth; but they were made back in the Golden Age of Paper, so didn't need to be butter smooth.

And Butter smooth is too slick for slick paper.

I do have a couple nibs I made butter smooth (and a couple modern new out of the factory that are butter smooth). I have no intention of doing that again too much work and I don't use PP paper.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.