Capless Ebonite Cigar Shaped Pen With Bulkfiller

Hardy08

Here is the my latest pen!

This is an ebonite pen, with an acrylic window within the section and the barrel.

It is a capless pen with a twist mechanism, similar to the safety pen one. Twisting the section onto the barrel allows the nib to come in and out.

The nib is juicy and flexible (Wahl eversharp #2).

The filling mechanism is a copy of Fountainbell's bulkfiller with a modified magnetic (neodymium magnet) mechanism to retain the filling pellet.

The barrel end is decorated with an amethyst.

The pen length is 12,6 mm length closed and 13,4 mm opened, the maximum diameter is 16mm.

The filling capacity is 3,5ml with a regular stroke but can be extended to 4,2ml expelling the air of the pen, penpoint up and resucking ink again.

Here are the pictures and the X-ray of the pen.

fpn_1591650635___20200608_222710.jpg

fpn_1591650623___20200608_222625.jpg

fpn_1591650612___20200608_222554.jpg

fpn_1591650597___20200608_222522.jpg

fpn_1591650582___20200608_222452.jpg

fpn_1591649564___20200608_222420.jpg

fpn_1591649551___20200608_222357.jpg

fpn_1591649823___20200608_212401.jpg

Edited by Hardy08

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hardy08

• inkstainedruth

• markiv

• BrassRatt

Um, Wow! Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Wow. That's a hefty looking pen. I just did a quick check of the technical specs on a TWSBI 580-AL and that's bigger around than the cap diameter on the TWSBI, and I'm now wondering if it's larger in diameter than my largest pen (the vintage Sheaffer Balance Oversize that had been my husband's grandfather's pen). Of course that's not a heavy pen in spite of its size -- which is why I looked up the 580-AL specs, since that and the purple 580-ALR are my two heaviest pens (and are now the benchmark I use for "Is this going to be too heavy for my hand).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thank you Markiv and Pakman !

@ Ruth: the pen weighs 32 grams filled and feels quite light in the hand after all...

That's fascinating!

Does the operculum simply spring closed (pushed open by the nib), or is there a mechanical actuator opening it?

What is the radio-dense dome at the very end of the barrel?

I like the girth of it. My fattest pens are the most comfortable -- Sheaffer PFM, Kim ACR Jumbo, ...

Thank you for sharing this!

Thank you BrassRatt !

The radio dense dome is the amethyst and the operculum is spring closed indeed,I tried to build a kind of crescent opening like Stipula da vinci one but I couldn't find a way...

• 2 weeks later...

Another Wow! looks like a Lamy Dialog Namiki Emperor Conid Piedimonte love child that could fly! Very cool, congrats on the innovations. :notworthy1:

Thank you Markiv and Pakman !

@ Ruth: the pen weighs 32 grams filled and feels quite light in the hand after all...

That would probably be too heavy for me. I have girly hands....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."