• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• como

• invisuu

• a student

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tthe paper is Fabriano Ingres 80 g in a color they call Avorio (ivory), but that is much more similar to a chamois. They also have a true ivory, that they call Bianco (white). If you want white, you have to ask for Ingres Ghiaccio (ice)...

The ink is Montblanc Black Permanent, one of the best blacks around, in my opinion, and the best black in absolute I have used with the Calligraphy so far.

I've been using mystery black since I got the flex 149. But this morning I inked up with Cool Grey. Nice shading. It may be a tiny bit dryer than mystery black, and I can get it to railroad, which doesn't happen in black, but it could be just the fainter appearance.

fpn_1582784761__mb_149_calligraphy.jpg

From Feb 26 after 2 weeks of use, the nib opened up nicely giving consistent saturated EF line and much more smoothness.

Ink = MB Permanent Blue

max dog: which ink did you have in the shot of the Calligraphy of February 26th?

fpupulin, I went back to a previous post and that ink I used is actually MB Midnight Blue (non IG formula), not Permanent Blue. It flows and shades nicely in the flex nib.

Edited by max dog

The ink is Montblanc Black Permanent, one of the best blacks around, in my opinion, and the best black in absolute I have used with the Calligraphy so far.

I concur. It feels like Montblanc chose to embrace memories of traditional stylings while designing this ink. It feels viscous enough to let you feel the substantive manner that the act of handwriting is in the scheme of human expression, has the sheen to lure interest into the writers heart on disinterested sessions (and retains both the sheen and the glint of light upon it until a couple of days), is black enough to have satisfied Kipling who is known to have demanded the blackest of inks and is as permanent as any ink designed for use in fountain pens can be.

Your use of these exemplary tools must be pinned for posterity.

I was once informed by Mr Tom Kellie on these forums - with the generous visual demonstrations characteristic of his altruism in instruction - that the Elixir Permanent Black in its behaviour, flow and saturation was interchangeable with the regular Permanent Black. At the risk of sounding amateurish, I am of the opinion that there is a possibility, however distant, that the latter might be a pigmented ink as well.

Anyhow, I highly enjoy using it as my sole ink of preference in the sole writing instrument of my preference, a Montblanc 149 (albeit not the Calligraphy edition, or one of the earlier flexible examples , but with an interestingly stubbish BB 14C).

[...] It feels like Montblanc chose to embrace memories of traditional stylings while designing this ink. It feels viscous enough to let you feel the substantive manner that the act of handwriting is in the scheme of human expression, has the sheen to lure interest into the writers heart on disinterested sessions (and retains both the sheen and the glint of light upon it until a couple of days), is black enough to have satisfied Kipling who is known to have demanded the blackest of inks and is as permanent as any ink designed for use in fountain pens can be. [...]

This is likely the best, most inspired, and truest description I ever read of any ink in my life! Thank you for such a perfect writing.

(And thank you for your too kind words about my humble writings and sketches).

[...]

Anyhow, I highly enjoy using it as my sole ink of preference in the sole writing instrument of my preference, a Montblanc 149 (albeit not the Calligraphy edition, or one of the earlier flexible examples , but with an interestingly stubbish BB 14C).

I also own, like you, a 149 with a terrific, stubbish 14C BB nib. It is a pen with an extraordinary character and a treasure of my pen collection!

fpupulin, I went back to a previous post and that ink I used is actually MB Midnight Blue (non IG formula), not Permanent Blue. It flows and shades nicely in the flex nib.

I suspected that, my friend...

Thank you also for posting a picture of the Calligraphy's behaviour with the true Permanent Blue, which looks an interesting ink that I never tried.

I concur. It feels like Montblanc chose to embrace memories of traditional stylings while designing this ink. It feels viscous enough to let you feel the substantive manner that the act of handwriting is in the scheme of human expression, has the sheen to lure interest into the writers heart on disinterested sessions (and retains both the sheen and the glint of light upon it until a couple of days), is black enough to have satisfied Kipling who is known to have demanded the blackest of inks and is as permanent as any ink designed for use in fountain pens can be.

Your use of these exemplary tools must be pinned for posterity.

I suspected that, my friend...

Thank you also for posting a picture of the Calligraphy's behaviour with the true Permanent Blue, which looks an interesting ink that I never tried.

Just when I thought I had enough inks, your wonderful posts are tempting me to get the Permanent Black.

FPUPULIN, I think Permanent Blue is a great ink. It behaves so well and shades wonderfully, and has characteristics well suited for flex pens. It was my go to ink in my Pilot 912 FA for resisting railroading and hard starts. I suspect it's as awesome as the Permanent Black, which is on my list along with another bottle of Cool Grey.

Just when I thought I had enough inks, your wonderful posts are tempting me to get the Permanent Black.

[...]

You will not regret buying it...

When you want a very deep black, and an almost viscous ink that valorizes the thinnest strokes of your Calligraphy 149, there you have it!

As the Permanent Black is a pigmented ink, for reason of pen safety I flush accurately my Calligraphy at any refill.

You will not regret buying it...

When you want a very deep black, and an almost viscous ink that valorizes the thinnest strokes of your Calligraphy 149, there you have it!

As the Permanent Black is a pigmented ink, for reason of pen safety I flush accurately my Calligraphy at any refill.

Thanks! I look forward to trying out the Permanent Black in this pen.

Here is another writing sample with Oyster Grey on higher grade Clairefontaine paper which shows off the shading of the ink, and the crispness of the line the nib puts down better.

fpn_1592353889__mb_149_calligraphy_sampl

Just adding my appreciation of this pen:

20200621-153833.jpg

Now to save up for a desk stand to hold it.

Edited by loganrah