Conid Open Orders

ace117

Hey guys. Just wanted to start a discussion about conid open orders to see if anyone else here has orders with them before they stopped accepting them. I placed mine in Aug 2019 and still havent gotten mine yet. Looking around on reddit and here, i see that there are some people with orders since july 2019 that havent gotten theirs either. Apparently they have posted an update here; https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353199-conid-news-update/?hl=conid, but it honestly feels like the same old song and dance for the past few months even before covid happened. I get that covid has definitely affected everyone pretty hard and would likely cause more delays, but some communication with regards to their open orders would be much appreciated.

Now, to those with open orders/ recently received your orders, could you share your experience/ current status with the whole thing? Ive tried getting in touch with them a couple times since then but to no avail. I dont plan to cancel my order, but given the lack of communication and the global situation, it is a concern that if they do fold, some of us with open orders might be out close to $1000

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EliH

• maclink

• Karmachanic

• ace117

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't any open orders with Conid. All I have is sincere sympathy for everyone who does.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your sake and I wish there was more I could do to relieve your pain.

Ouch ...

My take/guess scanning the fora is mostly smaller pens: minimalisticas and regulars are shipping

Kingsize and probably custom order will batch later

A global pandemic with business shut down adds to the delay so that factors in.

If it is any consolation, my order is after you ;)

My take/guess scanning the fora is mostly smaller pens: minimalisticas and regulars are shipping

Kingsize and probably custom order will batch later

A global pandemic with business shut down adds to the delay so that factors in.

If it is any consolation, my order is after you ;)

Yeah i seem to get the same consensus about the regulars and minimalisticas being shipped. Hopefully ours arrive soon. I knew id have to wait for it when i ordered, but i didnt realize itd be nearly a year of waiting

This is exactly why I will never own a Conid. And I'd really like to, but I can't get down with that kind of inefficiency and disregard for the customer. Not answering my emails after taking my money almost a year ago isn't acceptable. I don't know how people put up with that. They have had plenty of time to figure out a better way to run this side business. Good for you if you eventually get your pen though.

Well, speaking of coincidences, just as i decided to post this today, i just recieved an email from them that my pen has just been shipped. I do have to admit that this was not the most pleasant buying experience, but hopefully the pen makes up for the long wait

Well, speaking of coincidences, just as i decided to post this today, i just recieved an email from them that my pen has just been shipped. I do have to admit that this was not the most pleasant buying experience, but hopefully the pen makes up for the long wait

That's good news. I hope you enjoy it.

Happy to hear that, as I am floating in that same ocean only took a later boat. My order date was in October 2019 so I guess I have three more months of waiting ahead of me.

This is beginning to upset me a great deal. No paying customer should have to put up with anything like this.

Greetings,

Christina

Happy to hear that, as I am floating in that same ocean only took a later boat. My order date was in October 2019 so I guess I have three more months of waiting ahead of me.

This is beginning to upset me a great deal. No paying customer should have to put up with anything like this.

Damn thats sad to hear. I do tend to agree with you that no paying customer should have to deal with this. But if its any consolation, it does seem like only within recent times have people been receiving their order since the order stop. And only now do they seem to be clearing them in droves. So hopefully you get word of yours soon

yeah but i think because of the covid situation that theyve decided to not open yet as they still havent cleared backlog

Damn thats sad to hear. I do tend to agree with you that no paying customer should have to deal with this. But if its any consolation, it does seem like only within recent times have people been receiving their order since the order stop. And only now do they seem to be clearing them in droves. So hopefully you get word of yours soon

Thank you. Yes, that will console me...once it has arrived. :)

Greetings,

Christina

This has been discouraging. I was hoping to order a Conid, if and when they start taking orders again. The lack of communication and transparency has me questioning the idea...I do understand that the pandemic has affected everyone, and I hope they come back stronger (and more communicative) than before.

This has been discussed a lot on other threads, but my experience with Conid has been positive, but my last purchase was a couple years ago. This gives me hope that the recent problems may be solvable.

This has been discouraging. I was hoping to order a Conid, if and when they start taking orders again. The lack of communication and transparency has me questioning the idea...I do understand that the pandemic has affected everyone, and I hope they come back stronger (and more communicative) than before.

I agree, it is very discouraging. I would go so far as to say, had I known the waiting time extends even further than two months on top of the already generous schedule they announce when ordering, I would have backed off. And I'm an easy customer, I don't complain about waiting times or delays or whatnot. But the total lack of communication after taking an advance payment of 985,00 EUR? That is just impossible behaviour. That is Banana Republic behaviour. They should be ashamed.

Greetings,

Christina

I very much like my Conid. I cancelled my second order after five months of no communication.

Given their bizarre treatment of customers, whose funds they hold, I doubt I'll be giving them future business.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I'm happy to hear of another successful order delivery. :)

It adds hope to those of us down the queue.

With so many consistent and multiple complaints across multiple threads and fora, I do hope Conid takes feedback to heart but I don't have confidence that it will.

As long as there is demand, :headsmack:

Trust and good faith with vendors or my perception thereof, matters.

As such, the memory of the purchase experience shapes the user's memory.

Flipping it, a new owner would not have that lingering taste and maybe that is the culture/perception that Conid wants to foster with their brand. They're just mere tools; no different than its customers as a means to an end in one smoothly running machine.

While I've been apologetic in posting and don't mind the wait, the communication handling and how it's perceived or lack thereof, I find sad :(

If and when I receive my order, this ordering experience will be a part of what I say about Conid to others.

I'm happy to hear of another successful order delivery. :)

It adds hope to those of us down the queue.

With so many consistent and multiple complaints across multiple threads and fora, I do hope Conid takes feedback to heart but I don't have confidence that it will.

As long as there is demand, :headsmack:

Trust and good faith with vendors or my perception thereof, matters.

As such, the memory of the purchase experience shapes the user's memory.

Flipping it, a new owner would not have that lingering taste and maybe that is the culture/perception that Conid wants to foster with their brand. They're just mere tools; no different than its customers as a means to an end in one smoothly running machine.

While I've been apologetic in posting and don't mind the wait, the communication handling and how it's perceived or lack thereof, I find sad :(

If and when I receive my order, this ordering experience will be a part of what I say about Conid to others.

Preach man. I totally agree with your sentiment on the whole ordeal.

An update, my pen has recently arrived. Despite the whole situation, I do have to say that the pen has met if not surpassed all my expectations. Quality is impeccable and feels very premium. It writes very well, (ive got a gold fine nib and steel medium.).

This is my first conid so cant say too much on if the quality has improved or dipped as i dont have prior experience. All i can say is that im glad i didnt cancel my order and i do feel that it was worth the money.

On a side note, the platinum 3776 nib to bock no 6 adapter from flexible nib factory is awesome and works very well. Definitely improves the writing experience of the 3776 nibs and now i dont have to worry about having enough ink. Just in case anyone was planning to get one.

I've been sitting on the fence for quite a long time. I was almost ready to order when Conid decided they would stop accepting orders and take a break...

Frankly I'm sort of glad I did not, as waiting would have been long with a consistent advanced payment...

I'm wondering why they are not considering another payment term, which could easily be tied to the date in which your pen actually starts being produced (not 6 months earlier...), and in the meantime build a booking queue.

I do understand a small firm like Conid cannot accept payment upon shipment, they need to fund work and stock of materials, but probably, given their very slow output, they could tie payment to start of production for each individual customer (or production batches). This might balance things out a bit.

On a side note, the platinum 3776 nib to bock no 6 adapter from flexible nib factory is awesome and works very well. Definitely improves the writing experience of the 3776 nibs and now i dont have to worry about having enough ink. Just in case anyone was planning to get one.

Congrats on the new pen @ace117 so happy for you ! :) and thank you for posting your FNF upgrade experience which is so helpful. I've read about KOP and Pelikan but not heard alot of other nib swaps. Good to know it can be done with the more affordable 3776. I can imagine a 3776 Music would be a fun wet write backed by bulk filler volume. :P

I'm wondering why they are not considering another payment term, which could easily be tied to the date in which your pen actually starts being produced (not 6 months earlier...), and in the meantime build a booking queue.

I do understand a small firm like Conid cannot accept payment upon shipment, they need to fund work and stock of materials, but probably, given their very slow output, they could tie payment to start of production for each individual customer (or production batches). This might balance things out a bit.

Sounds a good idea @sansenri but I can imagine that may complicate their process and necessitate change in workflow or increase staff/resource. Engineering mindset? We build stuff; done. :lol:

It reminds me of Google customer support where customer inquiries are offloaded to knowledge base forums / help articles for answers/solutions, marcom, customer relations/evangelism takes a back seat or fans take up the slack like this FPN thread.