A Few Beginner Pens

Sailor Kenshin

Up for grabs: five beginner pens, an extra section that I believe fits the clear pen, and, not seen, a couple of standard carts, plus a sample vial labeled Diamine China Blue (but isn't....it is nonetheless blue of a sort).

I'll leave this PIF open for a bit, close on a whim, and select a winner using the highly scientific eeny-meeny methodology.

Conus only, please. Thanks.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/3215/9058/9426/PIF_Pens-640p.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• cattar

• mhguda

• plow

Out, but please do tell: what are they?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Out, but please do tell: what are they?

The trio on the left are Jinhao. The clear are no-na-me. ;)

All I know about the UPS logo pen is that it takes standard internationals.

Thanks for satisfying - up to a point - my curiosity.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Not in. I had Jinhao 599 that I was PIFfed at one point. I didn't like the pen, because of that Safari section. I'd fill it with my most innocuous ink, and give it to an office mate --"Here, try this out for a few days, and tell me what you think!" Between its absurdly low price (under $1 unit pricing at the time) and my dislike for the section profile, I truly did not care if I didn't get it back.

The folks I gave it to told me they did like it. And they also gave it back. Eventually, it failed, resulting in leakage, and I binned it. These days, I'd pull the nib before doing so.

Brown inks are my favorite and the UPS is calling out to be filled with one of many shades!

Would enjoy it (if youre splitting the pack) and put it to good use. But I have been a PIF winner recently and I shouldnt put my name in the hat again.

Whoever winsenjoy! The Jinhao 599s are fun!

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

While I could use the pens for testing inks.

(I've fallen for a pif'd ink and been distracted.)

And I enjoy the variety of your pen pifs.

(I've yet to see a fountain pen at ups.)

This is not an entry.

Thanks for doing a pif.

Wow. Ive literally been browsing these types of Lamy-style pens. Ive got a few of these in my ebay cart, and those shark Jinhaos, lol. Plus some 91s and 992s - so cheap I cant resist! I color coordinate inks and pens so I need the rainbow! Lol. I always use the cheap ones more, less afraid of breakage. Just DIYd my first stub nib out of a broken fine point!

Dont pick me, Ive budgeted a few pens into Junes budget already. Please pick someone who needs them more.

From inquisitive newbie coveter to utilitarian (ultra) fine point user to calligraphy flourisher. The life cycle of a fountain pen lover.

Wow. Ive literally been browsing these types of Lamy-style pens. Ive got a few of these in my ebay cart, and those shark Jinhaos, lol. Plus some 91s and 992s - so cheap I cant resist! I color coordinate inks and pens so I need the rainbow! Lol. I always use the cheap ones more, less afraid of breakage. Just DIYd my first stub nib out of a broken fine point!

Dont pick me, Ive budgeted a few pens into Junes budget already. Please pick someone who needs them more.

I'm impressed that you did a DIY stub! I used nail clippers on my first.

amyx231 - Yay on DIY stub.

sailor kenshin - Did the nail clippers give a subtly rounded edge? Did the nib write well?

I did one with wire cutters, and a bit of 'writing' on a polishing stone.

amyx231 - Yay on DIY stub.

sailor kenshin - Did the nail clippers give a subtly rounded edge? Did the nib write well?

I did one with wire cutters, and a bit of 'writing' on a polishing stone.

No, not at first. The cut nib needed a lot of smoothing and testing. It was a no-name $1 yard sale special. ;)

Decision coming by end of today. Thanks!

*drumroll*

The Eeny Meeny-inator has selected jcp1st. Please send me your address via PM. Thanks. :)

Edited by Sailor Kenshin

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

Please send your address via PM.... if no longer interested, the PIF will go back into circulation.